Maybe I'm an A-hole

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    but campers are basically junk bolted to two axles.

I have never owned a camper but have worked on quite a few. And since I have worked on quite a few I will never own one.

They certainly seem overpriced. But most luxury goods are overpriced, based on a functional standpoint. If you can afford it, and enjoy it, then go for it. I just can't see paying 50k for 10k worth of particle board and vinyl trim.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I have never owned a camper but have worked on quite a few. And since I have worked on quite a few I will never own one.

They certainly seem overpriced. But most luxury goods are overpriced, based on a functional standpoint. If you can afford it, and enjoy it, then go for it. I just can't see paying 50k for 10k worth of particle board and vinyl trim.
    100% agreed. Campers of all types have cheap and/or light construction. Some are of higher quality than others but at the end of the day you have to decide if you are picking your camper for you or your neighbors at the campsite. I had just over 6k in initial investment and it has been interesting to say the least. I’m amazed at how low quality some things were and but overall but for the rat invasions it’s been better to us than we have been to it. After four years I’m going to sell it for 5,000 (hopefully) and we lived in it for 2 months then used it on several camping trips and used it at deer camp for three season, so it paid for itself many times over.

I did close the deal on a new camper by the way. I have 25k invested in it, I doubt I will see anywhere near the same $$$$/fun value from it compared to the old camper’s super low cost of ownership, but the perks and creature comforts is where the money was spent.

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    100% agreed. Campers of all types have cheap and/or light construction. Some are of higher quality than others but at the end of the day you have to decide if you are picking your camper for you or your neighbors at the campsite. I had just over 6k in initial investment and it has been interesting to say the least. I’m amazed at how low quality some things were and but overall but for the rat invasions it’s been better to us than we have been to it. After four years I’m going to sell it for 5,000 (hopefully) and we lived in it for 2 months then used it on several camping trips and used it at deer camp for three season, so it paid for itself many times over.

I did close the deal on a new camper by the way. I have 25k invested in it, I doubt I will see anywhere near the same $$$$/fun value from it compared to the old camper’s super low cost of ownership, but the perks and creature comforts is where the money was spent.

So you paid 6k and used it for 4yrs and sold it for 5k... Can't go wrong there, $250 a year is a good deal.

25k.... well I can't say anything. I just picked up a used golfcart and doubled my in cost with batteries and a rear seat kit. And I had to take it apart and fix/tweak some stuff. But it was an anniversary present to my wife. So cost does not matter, to her. It matters to me.

As long as you have a good time, who really cares about dollars spent. You can't take it with you, and if you keep it handy the gov't will find a way to get it back off you somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom