Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    XD-GEM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hdfinder47 View Post
    (And if the CCW law requiring a permit holder to inform a property owner that they are carrying and asking permission to enter applies to businesses and churches, the church leader should be informed anyway. I thought that only applied to home owners/renters/etc. since we do not inform every business we enter of the fact we are armed, or at least I don't.)
    Present law requires permission to carry concealed in any residence other than your own. You do not need to ask a business's permission, but they can restrict you by signage or personally informing you.

The new version of 334 as passed (if the governor does not veto it) will still require permission from the person in charge of the place of worship for you to carry concealed there. You cannot simply do so on your own. The law does not state how that permission is to be given, nor does it require the permission to be given each time. Therefor, a one-time permission should be good forever, or at least until withdrawn.

Moving forward

User Info Menu

The amended bill basically does nothing but clarify what was already there. They neutered it.

Got rid of

except as provided for in Subsection U of this Section
    And added

unless authorized by the person who has authority over the administration of the church, synagogue, mosque, or other similar place of worship.
    Last edited by Tboy; June 3rd, 2020 at 02:51 PM.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
    The amended bill basically does nothing but clarify what was already there.
    Yup. The RINO's caved in.

We need to make sure we broadcast this loud and clear in the next election.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Ed

User Info Menu

Looks like 344 was amended to include "with permission of church leadership".
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe." Luke 11:21
    "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword [weapon], sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
    The amended bill basically does nothing but clarify what was already there. They neutered it.

Got rid of

And added
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by hdfinder47 View Post
    Looks like 344 was amended to include "with permission of church leadership".
    I don't attend churches, so this doesn't affect me; but what gutless and spineless shit this is. And those dirt bags do this ALL THE TIME!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post

Mike
    Just ask whomever offered the amendment, what did they get in return?

At least then, you'll know what kind of dirt bag you are dealing with.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Apparently all four gun rights bills were passed by Gov Edwards.