Gonzales Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I think you missed the point grasshopper... if you wanna protect yourself then do it correctly and practice proper personal protection equipment procedures, and you can be in a room full of covid19 and never catch it it has nothing to do with what I may or may not have...... don’t make somebody else follow your mask policy’s because you can’t properly Utilize your mask/goggles/gloves properly...

And *you’re* isn’t intended to be talking to you... wasn’t calling you out lol

I get the comparisons but they don't fit here. You getting injured in a wreck won't lead to someone else to be injured in a wreck. You getting hit by a truck won't lead to someone else getting hit by a truck. You drowning won't lead to someone on the bank drowning. But you having a respiratory tract infection can lead to others having a respiratory tract infection.

That being said, I personally take precautions to stay away from people and rarely wear a mask. When I go to the store, I generally have a bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket and may sanitize my hands during the shopping trip. I wear a mask at work because it's required of me. I'm not saying a mask should be mandated. But I find it interesting that people will use having to wear a mask as the reason for not going somewhere they might otherwise go.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Also I find gun in knife shows now identical to prices of cheaper than dirt during a panic if that makes sense.... lol and like stated above the price to get in now is crazy... I would much rather go to your local gun store and get to know your sales man and bs with them and play with there guns and support the local store fronts...

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think you missed the point grasshopper... if you wanna protect yourself then do it correctly and practice proper personal protection equipment procedures, and you can be in a room full of covid19 and never catch it it has nothing to do with what I may or may not have...... don’t make somebody else follow your mask policy’s because you can’t properly Utilize your mask/goggles/gloves properly...

And *you’re* isn’t intended to be talking to you... wasn’t calling you out lol

I don't have a mask/glove policy. People are free to do what they want. Again, I'm not for a government mandated mask policy. My reply is based on people saying they won't go to a private business because that business has a mask policy.

I ain’t going no where if I can help it that requires a a mask... don’t believe in it and don’t condone in it... you wanna wear one, have fun but don’t try to force me to wear one

---------

Also I find gun in knife shows now identical to prices of cheaper than dirt during a panic if that makes sense.... lol and like stated above the price to get in now is crazy... I would much rather go to your local gun store and get to know your sales man and bs with them and play with there guns and support the local store fronts...

I agree.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I don't have a mask/glove policy. People are free to do what they want. Again, I'm not for a government mandated mask policy. My reply is based on people saying they won't go to a private business because that business has a mask policy.

Is there a mandated ruling that businesses must require masks?

I haven't been keeping track of the whole "what businesses must do" rules.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    More what I’m going at... if a business says I have to... then I won’t give them business...I know they have the right but if I don’t agree with it, then no go....gov mandated jobs/ business is something diff

Is there a mandated ruling that businesses must require masks?

I haven't been keeping track of the whole "what businesses must do" rules.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    More what I’m going at... if a business says I have to... then I won’t give them business...I know they have the right but if I don’t agree with it, then no go....gov mandated jobs/ business is something diff

To me this is no different than not patronizing businesses that restrict your right to carry a weapon.

The gun show, CostCo, and others are requiring masks so folks are choosing not to give them their money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well, anyway, just about the time you thought you had chosen a side...
    df2adb1dc3d8dd2da2a9c7c3cf958f56.jpg

Don’t worry about your rights. This guy ain’t worried about your rights.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well, anyway, just about the time you thought you had chosen a side...
    df2adb1dc3d8dd2da2a9c7c3cf958f56.jpg

Don’t worry about your rights. This guy ain’t worried about your rights.

It's funny in many ways.

Ironically, if people did take things serious from the get go, this would have ended a long time ago.

9bix8z0meyk41.jpg

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If you are sick, stay home, you don't need a mask. If you are scared, stay home, you don't need a mask. If you are not scared and not sick go about your business without a mask. With that being said, private property owners have the right to require people to wear a mask who come onto/into their private property. I think the masks are ridiculous outside of normal situations a medical professional would normally wear a mask. Surgery, Isolation, high risk patients, etc.

Now onto the gun show. I am glad someone shared some pictures of it, I was considering going when I found out it was on, but after seeing pictures of the few booths with miles of space between them and everyone wearing masks I decided to stay home. I have yet to wear a mask this year.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    but after seeing pictures of the few booths with miles of space between them and everyone wearing masks I decided to stay home. I have yet to wear a mask this year.

Where did you see pics?

Edit - I found this on FB.

I wouldn't pay a dime to walk around this joke.

97990785_2920539128043651_7119422091467685888_n.jpg

The "rare ammo" people were there hoping to sell ammo to people at the current rapey prices.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    To me this is no different than not patronizing businesses that restrict your right to carry a weapon.

The gun show, CostCo, and others are requiring masks so folks are choosing not to give them their money.

Y'all are funny. It's closer to a business requiring you to carry a weapon.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I

I trained with the M82 gas mask in the Marines and even did daily 7 PT in full MOP gear. The little mask I wear at work is nothing. I don’t see the big deal, but it has always seemed to me that civilians and even some members of other services are just not as hard core as Marines.

Wore the army gas mask for countless hours. Wore acid suits with scba for countless hours. Wore a 32lb dive helmet with surface supplied air for countless hours.
    Just because I can deal with discomfort doesn't make me hardcore. Lol

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Wore the army gas mask for countless hours. Wore acid suits with scba for countless hours. Wore a 32lb dive helmet with surface supplied air for countless hours.
    Just because I can deal with discomfort doesn't make me hardcore. Lol

Screw it, I'm going MOPP 4 every time I leave the house now! :dogkeke:

Top Bottom