Gonzales Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I don't go to gun shows, because buying a toy for my child is more rewarding than the entry fee to deal with the neckbeards at the fun show who are only there to finger bang every gun they played with on call of duty.

Last Gonzales gun show I went to, there was a Bayoushooter table in the corner where Spanky was giving members goody bags for stopping to say hello in person.

I’m stealing the first paragraph.

And that was the last gun show I went to. The last one Spanky and BS had a table.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I’m stealing the first paragraph.

And that was the last gun show I went to. The last one Spanky and BS had a table.

I’ll admit it, I went to shows to go look at different stuff.

The last actual gun show I went to was in Slidell, if I recall. I was in the market for an airweight and couldn’t find anything. The one guy selling S&W wheelguns had a 642 for $650. I laughed at him and walked off. There were many trinket vendors, Pakistan knife sellers, and the typical Chinesium AR sellers. The one optic dealer had 98% knockoff junk.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Wore the army gas mask for countless hours. Wore acid suits with scba for countless hours. Wore a 32lb dive helmet with surface supplied air for countless hours.
    Just because I can deal with discomfort doesn't make me hardcore. Lol

When wearing MOP gear for PT is a young Marine’s idea of fun, yes that is hardcore!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    belle chasse
    I

I trained with the M82 gas mask in the Marines and even did daily 7 PT in full MOP gear. The little mask I wear at work is nothing. I don’t see the big deal, but it has always seemed to me that civilians and even some members of other services are just not as hard core as Marines.

The issue is not hardship or difficulty, the issue is freedom of choice, just like I choose not to spend money at Starbucks or Target, I choose not to pay to enter an event that requires me to wear a mask.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I am curious as to how the promoter and Lamar Dixon handled the finances, way less dealers=less tables and from what I heard not that many paid entrances. I wonder if they based hall rental on attendance this first time.

I wonder what the future holds for shows.

For the last couple of years me and a couple of others were hitting shows every week or 2 weeks between here and Pensacola, we would go eat a good breakfast some where and then hit the show and then stop some where for a good lunch/dinner and also checkout local gun shops.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The issue is not hardship or difficulty, the issue is freedom of choice, just like I choose not to spend money at Starbucks or Target, I choose not to pay to enter an event that requires me to wear a mask.

Hypothetically, if a business required its patron to carry a firearm, would you not enter because they are not giving you a choice? Or would you still go because their mandate allows you to protect yourself and others?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hypothetically, if a business required its patron to carry a firearm, would you not enter because they are not giving you a choice? Or would you still go because their mandate allows you to protect yourself and others?

He would go because the policy agrees with his ideology.

If we avoided everything in life that didn't agree 100% with our ideals, we would be sitting in a hole in the desert complaining that life isn't fair.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am curious as to how the promoter and Lamar Dixon handled the finances, way less dealers=less tables and from what I heard not that many paid entrances. I wonder if they based hall rental on attendance this first time.

I suspect that's the case, or something very similar to it.

The alternative is that they generate zero revenue for ... a long time.

Mike

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I ain’t going no where if I can help it that requires a a mask... don’t believe in it and don’t condone in it... you wanna wear one, have fun but don’t try to force me to wear one

BC83 I was with you on this until yesterday!

A woman at Albertsons on Caffery picked up a piece of cake in a clear clamshell container, opened the container, stuck her finger in the icing, stuck her finger in her mouth, then wiped it on her shirt.

I don't want to touch the keypad in the checkout after she has gone through it.

After this experience, I'm all for requiring a mask if it will keep people's fingers out of their mouths!!!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    He would go because the policy agrees with his ideology.

If we avoided everything in life that didn't agree 100% with our ideals, we would be sitting in a hole in the desert complaining that life isn't fair.

LOL, I have actually sat in a hole in a desert complaining before while on deployment as a Marine! Imagine being under the stay at home order with no access to anything but water, MREs, and batteries!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    BC83 I was with you on this until yesterday!

A woman at Albertsons on Caffery picked up a piece of cake in a clear clamshell container, opened the container, stuck her finger in the icing, stuck her finger in her mouth, then wiped it on her shirt.

I don't want to touch the keypad in the checkout after she has gone through it.

After this experience, I'm all for requiring a mask if it will keep people's fingers out of their mouths!!!

Did she buy it or put it back? I gots to know

095580d18cfc3b10474c609f24fb32f5.jpg

**apparently my little Gifs don’t work On here. If you have seen Dirty Harry you will get it***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    LOL, I have actually sat in a hole in a desert complaining before while on deployment as a Marine! Imagine being under the stay at home order with no access to anything but water, MREs, and batteries!

At least you had water, batteries, and food.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom