Louisiana/Texas border

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Does anyone know if the Texas DPS or any other agency is still stopping anyone with a Louisiana plate as they cross over from Louisiana to Texas? I am with a group of a few people who need to go to Texas next week to work. We will each be in our own vehicle and not something that is clearly a commercial vehicle. We will be going for business reasons but do I still need to convince a trooper of that at the state line?

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    "Under Governor Abbott’s Executive Order (GA-20),*the mandatory 14-day quarantine for travelers entering Texas on roadways from Louisiana, as well as those traveling by air from Louisiana only, has been eliminated.*DPS screening stations along the Texas/Louisiana border have been closed." from Texas DPS site

Google Texas DPS covid for more info.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    We go monthly for doctors visits to Beaumont---the I10 stop was completely void of any checks or stops at the rest area
    on the Texas side---previous months had to stop in and state reason for visiting---a mere formality. It is open!!!

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Yep.
    Shot a match in Orange Saturday. No issues at all. Enjoy your trip. (The never ending construction on I-10 in that area was not completed during the crisis in case you were hopeful...)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Went a week ago and there was no stop at I20 near Shreveport.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Yep.
    Shot a match in Orange Saturday. No issues at all. Enjoy your trip. (The never ending construction on I-10 in that area was not completed during the crisis in case you were hopeful...)

Wait what? damn it I have been dying to shoot again. You need to stop by and pick me up next time. I will be the guy on the side of I-10 at exit 64 with his thumb out and gear bag at my feet.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Maybe when I get there I can get my hair cut. Bahaha

Should be able to get a haircut in Louisiana on Friday https://twitter.com/CEStephens/status/1259936579994468353

These are business that can be open on May 15 in Louisiana, at lower occupancy and with strict social distancing and sanitation.

jQMQpuh.png

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    I got mine cut yesterday as well. It had only been 9 weeks since it had been cut. Looked like poodle trimmings on the floor after it was done :)

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    My wife has a Mini Cooper and it has a problem that needs service. Brian Harris Mini in BR closed down so there are on Mini dealers in Louisiana. I call Mini in Pensacola which is the closest dealer and was told any car from Louisiana must be towed there then be quarantined for 6 days before they will look at it. If you drive it to them you have to stay 2 weeks in quarantine. I may try the Houston dealer if they twill take it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom