Louisiana/Texas border

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Does anyone know if the Texas DPS or any other agency is still stopping anyone with a Louisiana plate as they cross over from Louisiana to Texas? I am with a group of a few people who need to go to Texas next week to work. We will each be in our own vehicle and not something that is clearly a commercial vehicle. We will be going for business reasons but do I still need to convince a trooper of that at the state line?

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    "Under Governor Abbott’s Executive Order (GA-20),*the mandatory 14-day quarantine for travelers entering Texas on roadways from Louisiana, as well as those traveling by air from Louisiana only, has been eliminated.*DPS screening stations along the Texas/Louisiana border have been closed." from Texas DPS site

Google Texas DPS covid for more info.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    We go monthly for doctors visits to Beaumont---the I10 stop was completely void of any checks or stops at the rest area
    on the Texas side---previous months had to stop in and state reason for visiting---a mere formality. It is open!!!

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Yep.
    Shot a match in Orange Saturday. No issues at all. Enjoy your trip. (The never ending construction on I-10 in that area was not completed during the crisis in case you were hopeful...)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Went a week ago and there was no stop at I20 near Shreveport.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Yep.
    Shot a match in Orange Saturday. No issues at all. Enjoy your trip. (The never ending construction on I-10 in that area was not completed during the crisis in case you were hopeful...)

Wait what? damn it I have been dying to shoot again. You need to stop by and pick me up next time. I will be the guy on the side of I-10 at exit 64 with his thumb out and gear bag at my feet.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Maybe when I get there I can get my hair cut. Bahaha

Should be able to get a haircut in Louisiana on Friday https://twitter.com/CEStephens/status/1259936579994468353

These are business that can be open on May 15 in Louisiana, at lower occupancy and with strict social distancing and sanitation.

jQMQpuh.png

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I got mine cut yesterday and it was SOOOOO needed.

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    I got mine cut yesterday as well. It had only been 9 weeks since it had been cut. Looked like poodle trimmings on the floor after it was done :)

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    My wife has a Mini Cooper and it has a problem that needs service. Brian Harris Mini in BR closed down so there are on Mini dealers in Louisiana. I call Mini in Pensacola which is the closest dealer and was told any car from Louisiana must be towed there then be quarantined for 6 days before they will look at it. If you drive it to them you have to stay 2 weeks in quarantine. I may try the Houston dealer if they twill take it.

Top Bottom