Benefit for Walker LEO Recovering from a Stroke.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Walker Police Department

FRIENDS: On May 8th, Walker Police Officer John Hannah suffered a hemorrhagic stroke, which is an arterial bleed in the brain. The condition is life threatening and Officer Hannah was transported to the hospital in critical condition. He was then flown by AirMed to Ochsner Hospital in New Orleans where he was in the Stroke Unit. At this time, the extent of his potential recovery and time required remains unknown, however he faces a lengthy treatment and period of rehabilitation. He is now in rehab in a hospital in Baton Rouge.
    Officer Hannah is married and has two small children, one of whom is a special needs child. In addition, he and his wife are expecting their third child in several months. Officer Hannah will be out of work for some time while treatment, recovery and rehab are underway. His expected short and long term medical expenses are expected to exceed available insurance, and the family’s living expenses will quickly consume their available financial resources.
    In the next couple of weeks, a Benefit for Officer Hannah and his family will be held, the details of which have yet to be finalized. As soon as we are able, we will provide the Benefit information so that those of you able to participate can do so. In the meantime, contributions are being accepted to help Officer Hannah, his wife and children. Contributions can be made through PayPal at dmincin@walkerpd.org. If you are able to help by contributing, participating in the Benefit, and by Sharing this information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for helping one of our own!

Rman

Free on weekends
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    City of Central
    Officer Hanna, J.J. to friends and family, is my nephew. A dedicated young man. I would like to thank all of you in the "community" for your support. He was by the shop a few days ago and apparently back to work, light duty, of course, but is in good spirits. He looks forward to getting back on the road. The one comment he made to me was "I've wanted to do this (be a COP) my whole life". Like I said, dedicated.

Thanks again for all the support you folks have provided.

Top Bottom