Marksman

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Sig MPX Copperhead Midnight Black vs CZ Scorpion Micro

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200507_212845.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	95311

If I could only pick one, I'd choose the Sig MPX Copperhead. Such a soft shooter. With only a 3.5 inch barrel, this shoots 1 inch groups at 100 yards. Because of the piston system, it shoots like a 22 with power of 9mm.

The CZ Scorpion micro is accurate as well, but that huge direct blowback bolt kicks the shoulder harder.

I've shot full auto MP5s and I have to say that the Sig MPX Copperhead shoots even softer. Sig really mastered the 9mm PDW.

Both great guns, but if money is not an issue, get the Sig MPX Copperhead. If money is an issue, get the CZ Scorpion Micro.

enthusiast

User Info Menu

I Also like my mpx-K over my CZ scorpion pistol
    Stephen

User Info Menu

What about the accessories? Which has the better after market support?

enthusiast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nolastorm View Post
    The mpx uses ar15 trigger and grips etc, so that’s covered. And stock options are just as plentiful as the scorpion and there’s people that sell hand guards like lancer. So I would say aftermarket support is about even. It might be cheaper for scorpion parts but I don’t see the need to upgrade anything besides the trigger on my mpx which has a larue trigger in it. My scorpion I bought new selector levers, trigger and spring and grip. I’m contemplating giving it the *micro* treatment with a 300 dollar barrel/hand guard combo. Vs my mpx was more expensive but just used a 99 dollar trigger
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nolastorm View Post
    About the same, but CZ Scorpion parts are cheaper than Sig MPX parts.

Marksman

User Info Menu

1 inch groups with a 3.5 barrel 9mm? That’s amazing. Maybe it’s normal for that platform but I’m amazed.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    1 inch groups with a 3.5 barrel 9mm? That’s amazing. Maybe it’s normal for that platform but I’m amazed.
    Yeah, the Sig MPX shoots better than me. And, I'm an average shooter. I got 3-4" groups with the CZ Scorpion Micro. I think it's because the recoil is so light and the gun is so controllable on the Sig MPX. I was resting the gun on a couple sandbags to get that grouping.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What ammo were u using. I’m old and have problem getting 1 inch out of a 16 inch .223/556 lol that’s awesome

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    What ammo were u using. I’m old and have problem getting 1 inch out of a 16 inch .223/556 lol that’s awesome
    CCI Blazer Brass 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain Full Metal Jacket was all I used. Nothing fancy.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I need to find one that I can shoot. Sounds like a winner. Thanks for the info.

Tim