Retiring within the year

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Imdapapa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2020
    Pearl River, La.
    Plan to retire first qtr next year. My current job of 27 years has taken up too much free time. Starting next year I focus my time on my passions. Hunting, fishing and spending as much time at my camp off the West Pearl River as I desire.

Imdapapa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2020
    Pearl River, La.
    One of the first things on my picket list is to build a pig gun on AR15 frame. Haven’t set in stone but thinking 300 Blackout, suppressor, mount an IR scope and shoot sub-sonic. I look forward to sitting behind the camp and reducing the number of hogs in the area.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Welcome aboard.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That’s awesome my Grandfather retired about 30 years ago in his early 50’s and he and my Gandmother have definitely taken advantage of it. They are finally getting to the point where they can’t go and do quite like they used to. If I get to be partially retired for that long I will call life a success.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    You will be amazed with how busy you will be! No more excuse that “sorry, I have to go to work, so I can’t do that...” you also forget what day of the week it is!
    On the 300 subsonic, it drops a LOT! So close shots are the norm. I use supersonic and subs. I would suggest an adjustable gas block or adjustable bolt.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Welcome.

If you read a newspaper, you can keep track of the day of the week- A little trick I learned. If you can stay healthy all is good. We got to spend every work day, while his parents were at work, with our new grandson for his first several years. That is an unforgettable treasure of my retirement.

Top Bottom