Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EARPLUGS??

User Info Menu

Who carries a Bersa Thunder 380?

Anyone here carry or have carried a Bersa Thunder 380? Not the CC version but the standard version. How did you like it? Heavy? Bulky? Of course, this predicating the fact that you actually approve of the gun's ergonomic features and functionality. I'm more interested in how it carries....as opposed to carrying a Ruger LCP.
    What say you?
    Professional Bassist
    Amateur Cyclist
    Avid Shooter

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I may be wrong but I think Zimmerman carried one.

EDIT: Oops, my bad, looks like it was a kel-Tec PF-9

https://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/28...ncealed-carry/

I distinctly remember the first reports saying he killed Trayvon with a .380 tho
    Last edited by Magdump; May 15th, 2020 at 04:27 PM.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

EARPLUGS??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I may be wrong but I think Zimmerman carried one.

EDIT: Oops, my bad, looks like it was a kel-Tec PF-9

https://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/28...ncealed-carry/

I distinctly remember the first reports saying he killed Trayvon with a .380 tho

It was definitely a Keltec PF9 he used.
    Professional Bassist
    Amateur Cyclist
    Avid Shooter

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CUJOHUNTER View Post
    It was definitely a Keltec PF9 he used.
    Yeah, I see where he tried to auction the thing. Crazy days.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

User Info Menu

I carried one for a long time when that was all I could afford. Fit both in the pocket and big enough to fit IWB. I have rather large hands so was a better feel than the kel tec p380 I also had at the time. Never had any problems with FMJ or hordany critical defense. I wouldn't hesitate to carry another one. That being said my current pocket pistol is a LCP. Wife still carries the Bersa every once in awhile. Hope this helps.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I carried one for nearly 10 years and never had a problem. I've switched to a S&W Bodyguard. The S&W carries more comfortably due to the smaller size, but I'd much rather they way the Bersa feels in the hand. People trash them but I've never had issues with mine. If cleaned and oiled it never jammed and was incredibly accurate.
    “You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”

-Winston Churchill

Marksman

User Info Menu

It’s a great “always carry.” Whether as a backup when I’m carrying big iron or don’t really need much like rolling out the trash cans. I wish that I had several. It’s great to keep one in a “possibles” bag.

I’m partial to DA/SA (non-plastic). It’s very safe for Condition 2. The Bersa is small but fits that niche. It’s a better value than a PPK and holds one more round. There’s even a “Plus” that has a 15-round, double stack mag.

I prefer the “non-CC” model because I like a real, exposed hammer.

I shoot Underwood Xtreme Defender Ammunition .380 ACP +P Xtreme Defense (fluted bullet) without any issues. (Yeah, I know, there’s actually not a SAAMI Standard for .380 +P, and that the REAL name is 380 Automatic, not ACP. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

To play devil's advocate...

1) What are you looking for specifically? A small pocket carry pistol?
    2) Why .380 over 9mm or other calibers?
    3) What is your budget?

EARPLUGS??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    To play devil's advocate...

1) What are you looking for specifically? A small pocket carry pistol?
    2) Why .380 over 9mm or other calibers?
    3) What is your budget?
    I have an SR9C at the house and carry the LCP Custom. I like the way it carries but hate the way it shoots. Although, the Custom model is a step up from the original LCP.
    A friend had offered to trade his Bersa for my LCP. His comes with the 6 mags, I have 3 mags. I like the way the Bersa fits in my hand and I love the way it shoots. I'm just worried about the extra bulk and the extra 12 ounces I'm adding to my hip. Yes, carry weight does matter since I suffer from a torn meniscus and arthritis in my hip.

I would also consider an LC9S or Shield 9. However, being off work for a couple of months, I can't really buy anything new right now.
    Last edited by CUJOHUNTER; May 16th, 2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Professional Bassist
    Amateur Cyclist
    Avid Shooter

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CUJOHUNTER View Post
    I have an SR9C at the house and carry the LCP Custom. I like the way it carries but hate the way it shoots. Although, the Custom model is a step up from the original LCP.
    A friend had offered to trade his Bersa for my LCP. His comes with the 6 mags, I have 3 mags. I like the way the Bersa fits in my hand and I love the way it shoots. I'm just worried about the extra bulk and the extra 12 ounces I'm adding to my hip. Yes, carry weight does matter since I suffer from a torn meniscus and arthritis in my hip.

I would also consider an LC9S or Shield 9. However, being off work for a couple of months, I can't really buy anything new right now.
    The added weight will definitely be noticeable.

If you already have a SR9c, I would explore holster options for it, before trading away something you are already invested in.