What is the best value 10-22?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    About 7 years ago I bought a slightly used 10/22. It was the el-cheapo model (with the barrel style you don't like), but at the time I just wanted a .22 plinker. Basic black plastic stock and absolutely no frills, but the trigger broke crisply and the gun *never* jammed up.

A year after I bought it, I put a set of techsights on it ... which are iron sights that replicate those on the M1 Garand. I also put sling swivels on it and used it to shoot the Appleseed course, where I earned my orange hat.

I sold it a few years ago and almost immediately regretted it. The next 10/22 that fell in my lap dated back to the early 1970's. Everything on it (including the wood stock) is original, except for the new recoil spring that I installed. It, too, runs like a champ, and I'm not making the mistake of selling this one.

The model that OP showed in his first post would probably work great for what he wants. Should be very easy to put a scope on. And if it's anything like my 10/22's, it'll run forever.

Mike

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I recently did a could of 10/22 builds on the elite 80% receivers from pike arms.

I ended up doing this as I wanted a pic rail on the receiver, and the decent looking/made ones cost almost as much as the receiver, so i figured I would give it a try.

Machining was reasonably easy, setup for the barrel hole was the most fun.

I used stock ruger bolts, charging handle recoil assys, and bx triggers. I got the triggers from the place on ebay that tests them to guarantee pull weight. The bx triggers are all over the place, rugers impeccable qc is to blame I am sure.

I ended up with near 600 in each, but both have agp arms take down barrel setups and agp folding stocks. One is a rifle with a custom turned 16" stainless barrel and the other is a charger with a 7.5" barrel and a tailhook brace.

I am very happy with the receivers, fit and finish is great with the ruger parts. They sell the receivers 100% as well, and would say they are a much better deal than trying to attach a rail to std ruger receiver. Plus even if you put the elite receiver on a complete gun you can always move the ruger receiver on and recoup most of the cost of the elite, or use it for another project.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I ended up with the rifle in the OP.

For the price it was tough to pass up. If I decide to suppress it, I’ll have it threaded. The only thing I plan to change is the weaver base for a pic rail (if possible). For 25 yards and plinking, this will be fine.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    the rails are a lot stronger mount than the ones that come with Ruger and you have more options of placement with the 1913 rail

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I've got a Ruger SR-22 rifle - the birdcage comes off and my suppressor goes on - it is an absolute blast to shoot and is very accurate.

I put a Nikon rimfire scope on it -- you don't have get crazy with scopes for a 22LR.

Here is a stock photo of one:

180917161642005-1.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom