Not your Pa pa's benjamin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I attended a sportsman’s banquet last year and they had a vendor displaying his air rifles. His was .30cal and he had killed some deer with it. It’s a neat concept but I’m not sure I see a benefit other than maybe not legally being a firearm. Well it’s got a can too, and I guess that’s not a suppressor either. Give it time the ATF will find a way to control that stuff too. Illusions of freedom pacify us so we don’t rise up against our authoritarian rulers.

Too dark?:dunno:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I watched a show on TV about airguns and they went to a big tradeshow in Berlin . Kind of a SHOT show for the airgun industry . A lot of the guns were not available here in the US . Beautiful guns and the technology was incredible .

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    I attended a sportsman’s banquet last year and they had a vendor displaying his air rifles. His was .30cal and he had killed some deer with it. It’s a neat concept but I’m not sure I see a benefit other than maybe not legally being a firearm. Well it’s got a can too, and I guess that’s not a suppressor either. Give it time the ATF will find a way to control that stuff too. Illusions of freedom pacify us so we don’t rise up against our authoritarian rulers.

I don't think the atf can do anything,it isn't considered a firearm in that perspective.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    back around 2010 or so there was a guy at southern shooting center that had built a custom air rifle in .50 cal.
    he used minie balls with it. at 100yds it was getting 6" groups.
    not sure about energy on target. it was LOUD tho. louder than a a handgun.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    O
    I watched a show on TV about airguns and they went to a big tradeshow in Berlin . Kind of a SHOT show for the airgun industry . A lot of the guns were not available here in the US . Beautiful guns and the technology was incredible .
    I've seen that show & it changes your option about Air guns. When you see a full size deer drop (pass through) from an air rifle it's time to pick your chin up. The reason for the air revolution in Europe are all the restrictions or out right bans on firearms for many years now. The American Airginner is the show that went to Berlin is on PBN 116 on cox. Wed at 3:30.

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    O
    I've seen that show & it changes your option about Air guns. When you see a full size deer drop (pass through) from an air rifle it's time to pick your chin up. The reason for the air revolution in Europe are all the restrictions or out right bans on firearms for many years now. The American Airginner is the show that went to Berlin is on PBN 116 on cox. Wed at 3:30.

Yep,thats the show I watch weekly. Actually that show got me back
    into looking at the new air guns.Like you stated ,after watching a 240pd
    deer drop,kinda hard not to want a nice high end air rifle.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    My buddy has air rifles in 357 and 45 caliber. Unfortunately they are not legal for deer hunting in Louisiana. Go to Pyramid Air or Airgun Depot for larger caliber air guns. I have a .25 cal Benjamin Marauder rifle. They can be used on hogs for big game hunting.
    You have to use a high pressure pump or scuba tank to refill them.
    The one I like is the Benjamin Airbow that will shoot an arrow faster than most crossbows but they are not legal for archery hunting for deer either. but are legal for hog hunting.

The high pressure compressor for filling the air gun tanks are not cheap either but maybe you can offset the price by using it to refill your friend's tanks for a fee to help offset the price of the compressor.
    To me, it's a pain in the posterior and wallet to setup an air rifle to basically shoot a slug about the power of a 45acp handgun with a trajectory to match in a rifle the length of a Brown Bess flintlock.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom