New Glock G47 Pistol.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    CBP is getting new Gen 5 G47 Glock pistols. G17 length frame modified in lower front where light attaches and has forward extended magazine plates for easy extraction.
    G17 length Slide and barrel that uses G19 recoil spring allowing a Gen 5 G19 upper to work on the new Gen 5 G17 lower. Comes with night sights. Will be for sale to the public.

They will also have some Gen 5 G26 and G19 Pistols.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Those were leaked early last year.

glock-47-cbp19.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That extended magazine plate makes the gun look goofy, in my opinion. I like the original Gen 5 look better.

Function over form.

The half moon cutout and original Gen 5 base plate caused issues, so they removed the half moon cutout. CBP’s contract required a base plate that could be removed one handed, so that’s what they get. You can use Gen 4 mags if these ever go to market.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The vtac winged floor plates make more sense than the ledge on the front, at least to me. Seems more natural when holding the gun with a firing grip to grasp at the sides of the mag baseplate rather than the front. The winged baseplates do make the gun wider, but a 17 sized gun is an OWB piece...

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    The vtac winged floor plates make more sense than the ledge on the front, at least to me. Seems more natural when holding the gun with a firing grip to grasp at the sides of the mag baseplate rather than the front. The winged baseplates do make the gun wider, but a 17 sized gun is an OWB piece...

Yes, I definitely agree with you. It's more natural to grab them by the sides than the front. Plus, it looks good as well.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I want a 47. I got to handle one of the newer mags with the longer plate from a 19 and thought it was cool.

I really want to get my hands on a CBP model 26. It has a longer grip and 11 round magazines.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I want a 47. I got to handle one of the newer mags with the longer plate from a 19 and thought it was cool.

I really want to get my hands on a CBP model 26. It has a longer grip and 11 round magazines.

Nice. Being an instructor and Glock armorer has its privileges I guess lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    It is placed where it is in the event you need to strip the magazine with a single hand.

So you grab the mag with your single hand and shake the gun off it? Not sure that grip placement matters much in that scenario.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So you grab the mag with your single hand and shake the gun off it? Not sure that grip placement matters much in that scenario.

You can either holster the gun and rip the mag out or hook the mag on an object and rip it out. You could put it between your legs and rip it out. Have you ever tried ripping a mag out? There are a ton of ways to do it.

Will Petty talks a little bit about it. I've had to do it in classes where we are shooting SHO or WHO. I've had two Failures to Extract consecutively due to a super dirty gun and worn RSA. You need to be able to pull the mag out when it gets stuck. That's a major reason why I switched to using different base plates or Gen 5 mags.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom