Any FAL folks here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stretch1

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Metairie, La
    I recently acquired a couple of FAL’s from an estate sale. I had them checked out by Vince at Mesa Kinetic who does a fair amount of FAL work to make sure the conversions were legal and put a few boxes through each realized why these rifles were so prolific.

Anyway I have been an AK and AR owner and had no prior experience with these rifles. I have been surprised to see very little mention in the forums and figured it was time to ask around. What’s going on with the FAL owners in LA?

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    They probably spend some time over a the falfiles. I used to have a pod of them, but the shine wore off as I could only shoot one at a time. Sold down to a para fal, that is just too handy to find itself going anywhere!

I, too have delved in AR's and Ak's. Love the AR's, love to hate my AK. The AK just has a weird recoil impulse....not like painfull....just strange in my opinion. The FAL is lighter then my AR10 and shoots almost as well. Not as accurate, but probably more reliable. The last of the main battle rifles will live a long time!!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    HELLO!

I have a DSA fal para 16"....its been an adventure with it....suppressing it specifically. Ive should do a write up on this thing. I have been through some T&E but this thing has a legend at this point.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I pulled out my STG58 recently to test a mag last week. Mostly wanted to test the reportS that Malaysian L1A1 had hard primers and were thus performing inconsistently. I did indeed have problems with the mag ammo combination, but when I switched to a known good mag the problems disappeared. So for me, Malaysian is good to go.

Probably 8 years ago or so there was a strong FAL group here, but I think people moved on to other platforms or they had a life change. I like the FAL, but it’s heavy. Not a rifle I see parting with.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Built a lot of fals over the years. Great rifles. I have a handful of various type, German, S African, Argentine, etc. Some on DSA receivers and some on the old Imbel receivers.

Great guns, and this reminds me I have 4 that need to be refinished!!!

Time to take some guns apart!

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    I’ve always wanted to build a para with rhodie camo. Anybody still tooled up to build and want to share some tooling/knowledge? Are there any parts kits lying unused that anyone wants to part with?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom