What did YOU Panic Buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah I don't understand the rationale behind forbidding vendors from selling certain products. That's the kind of **** the USSR did. Garbage, GARBAGE policy if you ask me. Ive had bad luck with some stores too, Lowes has been pretty reliable although they are somewhat expensive.

Dealing with hardware stores has been okay, given the volume of sales going on.

Most of what I have purchased in the last two months has been online sales. I’m not going to deal with people if I can have it shipped to my home free of charge.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    The wife has been saying “stock up on ammo” so I’ve bought a little more than usual, but ONLY when I found it for pre-Corona prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The wife has been saying *stock up on ammo* so I’ve bought a little more than usual, but ONLY when I found it for pre-Corona prices.

I lucked out an bought a case of Lake City 556 at pre-rona prices.

9mm ball has been overpriced, but most of the specialty stuff for pistol and rifle has stayed the same.

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    Boss Lady the RN sent me on a mission
    I got the gloves,N-95 masks,T.P. rice,beans,Lysol,Hand wipes,Beerz's,Wine,Ground beef,strawberry's n cool-whip.

Planted a few items out in the sticks at the Gorilla garden like ,corn,tomatoes,cantaloupes,Romain lettuce...

Shot a lil pig,Its vacuum sealed in the freezer along with the beef.

Filled up the tractor so I can bury the bodies of my enemy's

Awwwwww.. I almost shed a tear right then. I luv u man!!!!!

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Dealing with hardware stores has been okay, given the volume of sales going on.

Most of what I have purchased in the last two months has been online sales. I’m not going to deal with people if I can have it shipped to my home free of charge.

I ordered something from Amazon a month ago, and they were lying to me on the shipping info, they kept pushing back the date it was supposed to be delivered. I tried calling them about it, but their Customer Service is broken right now.... So I had to cancel the order a month later! The dad gum thing never shipped. Sold By Amazon! **** those people. Don't even have the decency to tell me its backordered or whatever, they just kept moving back the expected delivery date every 2 days.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    The wife has been saying *stock up on ammo* so I’ve bought a little more than usual, but ONLY when I found it for pre-Corona prices.

Yeah I already had plenty of ammo, I topped off a bit in early March, before things got too bad, Academy had regular prices. Haha I don't know about your wife but seeing the change in colors in my fiancé was hilarious. She usually bitches about every dime I spend on firearms related purchases, haha she practically sent me out to the store for ammo back in march haha

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I bought a nice new in box, unfired, 1960's Ruger Bearcat.

Viruses are very small, so I bought a small gun.
    Can't argue with that logic! I wanted to get a .22 myself, I had an idea for a 10/22 takedown setup with a can for suburban Veggie Garden defense... It would be awesome, i'm afraid not the wisest investment with my limited funds though. So I'm holding off for now. Old lady said I can get one though if we get another stimulus check! Gonna be between that and an M1A, or possibly a new CCW (been eyeing the Kimber micro 9)

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It wasn’t a panic buy but I read that wheat wasn’t being exported from the second largest producer of wheat in the world. Since I mill my own wheat for my bread,. We buy wheat berries. So we bought around 150 lbs of wheat berries and two lbs of yeast before the prices went nuts.

I go through about 50lbs of wheat berries a year so I should be good for a while. Also for you preppers they keep for 25 years if stored correctly and are seeds that can grow more wheat if needed.

Dave

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Don’t necessarily see how that equates to a panic buy.
    More like staples of modern living to me...
    Yabbut, I went quantity over quality...not a good outcome, lol.

I really didn’t buy anything as a direct result of the virus. More like I’m buying less at the moment. I actually sold off a few thousand rounds of ammo because I’m limiting myself to how many cans I’m storing. If I was gonna buy 10k rounds of 855 right now at these prices I’d be spending an extra 2 grand. Think about that for a minute. Only buy when prices are low. Save for those times if you have to.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well I guess it's still a "pandemic buy," but everything is going on sale for this week/weekend and I found a good deal on an A/C zone steel target, hanger, and stand.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My only true 'COVID buy' was college style Ramen noodles and 15 extra cans of soup. Right when everyone began panic buying things, I figured I'd like to have a little extra ready to eat food laying around in case one of us got super sick.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Not the first thing, but the best thing was stock in oil companies. I’ve more than doubled my money in the last month and a half.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Not the first thing, but the best thing was stock in oil companies. I’ve more than doubled my money in the last month and a half.

Ughhhh not fair.

I'm prohibited from buying any single name securities or funds that track specific sectors.

I did invest in some ETFs that follow the market as a whole and am up over 20% in a few weeks.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I didn't panic buy, but I helped about a half dozen new gun owners buy their first guns (and some hoarded a few guns). That being said, it made me itch for something new watching them get new toys, So I bought two suppressors. An octane 45 from sico and an AAC m4-2k (mostly b/c I already have an SDN6 and own about a dozen 51t's so I wouldn't have to buy muzzle devices).

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I bought a case of tampons. I figure when everyone is on lockdown I can still go bike riding, swimming, golfing, skydiving, jogging, etc...it says it right on the back of the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom