What did YOU Panic Buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Ughhhh not fair.

I'm prohibited from buying any single name securities or funds that track specific sectors.

I did invest in some ETFs that follow the market as a whole and am up over 20% in a few weeks.

Nabors industries and Apache oil both went nuts, I guess I should follow Drummer’s lead, the capital gains tax ass ****ing is going to leave me bleeding.

As an aside, thanks to the cares act, you can borrow more from your 401k so if you think you can out perform the market, you can pull pretty much whatever you want.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Toilet paper . Well , I wouldn't call it a panic buy . More like being prepared . When it became impossible to find for a month , I had plenty enough for us to supply family members . And the shelf life is measured in generations .

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Toilet paper . Well , I wouldn't call it a panic buy . More like being prepared . When it became impossible to find for a month , I had plenty enough for us to supply family members . And the shelf life is measured in generations .
    Haha! That’s awesome. I asked my Mom weeks ago if she didn’t have some left over from that shortage when I was a kid, because I swear my dad said she bought enough to last 50 years. She laughed til she cried.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Haha! That’s awesome. I asked my Mom weeks ago if she didn’t have some left over from that shortage when I was a kid, because I swear my dad said she bought enough to last 50 years. She laughed til she cried.

There is NO excuse to run out of toilet paper . Even when ammo got hard to find , I had toilet paper . I can envision a scenario where TP would be more valuable than gold or silver ...:cool:

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    It wasn’t a panic buy but I read that wheat wasn’t being exported from the second largest producer of wheat in the world. Since I mill my own wheat for my bread,. We buy wheat berries. So we bought around 150 lbs of wheat berries and two lbs of yeast before the prices went nuts.

I go through about 50lbs of wheat berries a year so I should be good for a while. Also for you preppers they keep for 25 years if stored correctly and are seeds that can grow more wheat if needed.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yeah! That's the info i'm looking for! Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    It became impossible to find because of people like you!!! Please enlighten me, what part of china getting a virus caused you to buy all the toilet paper in the store?? Do you realize what you people did?? Nothing ever happened to the supply of toilet paper. The SUPPLY of toilet paper was the same, the DEMAND went through the roooof!!! What did you guys start taking more shits all of a sudden? You see the news and **** your pants?!? sorry lol! Everyone buying all the toilet paper and me having to use the cheap stuff for a month got me ticked.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Not a panic buy but more of an impulse buy, a Sig P365. When filling out paperwork and having my CCL copied the shop owner told me how many guns he had in the back waiting for background checks to go through and that is when I learned of the panic buying. I went back and did make a”panic” of a Marlin 39a Mountie I had spotted, before someone else grabbed it. There had been two standard 39a rifles there and someone had bought both.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    It became impossible to find because of people like you!!! Please enlighten me, what part of china getting a virus caused you to buy all the toilet paper in the store?? Do you realize what you people did?? Nothing ever happened to the supply of toilet paper. The SUPPLY of toilet paper was the same, the DEMAND went through the roooof!!! What did you guys start taking more shits all of a sudden? You see the news and **** your pants?!? sorry lol! Everyone buying all the toilet paper and me having to use the cheap stuff for a month got me ticked.
    Hey genius , I never said I " bought all of the toilet paper in the store " . I picked up a bulk pack every time I went to the store which was about once a week . Not my fault you weren't prepared and had to wipe your dainty ass with the cheap stuff . Some of the stuff I bought was the cheap stuff . :D

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I had no issues buying a 24 pack of the good stuff every two weeks.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Ask him how many 22's he has stacked back?

Corn-cobs work just fine,

You use a Brown one first,

Then a white one too see if you need to use another brown one !:mamoru:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Hahahahaha!!
    What about me? I helped cause the great .22 ammo shortage of 2012! Or was it 2008? Idk, I bought plenty when it was cheap and available and I still have ammo cans full of the stuff so I’m sure I’m to blame. Please don’t leave me out.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hahahahaha!!
    What about me? I helped cause the great .22 ammo shortage of 2012! Or was it 2008? Idk, I bought plenty when it was cheap and available and I still have ammo cans full of the stuff so I’m sure I’m to blame. Please don’t leave me out.

It's all your fault!

Better?

BIGLOST

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2020
    Pineville,Louisiana
    What was there to panic about? I was real sick for a week at the end of Jan./begining of Feb. , but then I got better . . . .and why is everybody pretending they re doctors, withall the masks and gloves and all ?!?!?!?

BIGLOST

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2020
    Pineville,Louisiana
    I m ALWAYS buy n . . ., NEVER panicing . . .unless I m low on alcohol , then I buy more ; then ; no panic ! simple !!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom