What did YOU Panic Buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Hey Guys,
    Thought I would start a fun little thread, post the first thing you bought, once you heard news that the Corona virus was going to be a big deal in the US.

I bought a AR500 plate carrier combo and seeds. I had been wanting to get some plates for a while, they were having a pretty big sale and there was supposed to be this super virus coming, it was like the Stars had Aligned. Since then, I'm still waiting for my plate carrier but the garden is thriving! the carrier should be shipped any day now, its been about 6 weeks since I ordered it. The Garden is doing pretty good, this was from a week ago:
    HJDR9vw3
    IMG-3513.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    HJDR9vw3

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Are you the headless man in the Zeppelin shirt?! Haha!

I'm not sure what the first thing I bought was after hearing about the virus, but a few weeks back I invested in a bunch of silver. In hindsight, that was probably my "panic buy."

TheWhiteHorse

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2018
    lafayette
    I didn't panic buy anything because luckily I was raised as a "prepper". Although we never called it that it was just normal life living in bfe.

I wanted to comment on your garden though. I've had a raised bed garden for several years before I got too busy with work.
    I found that they need more water than normal growing so keep that in mind. Although you aren't raised much just wanted to share a tip.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Are you the headless man in the Zeppelin shirt?! Haha!

I'm not sure what the first thing I bought was after hearing about the virus, but a few weeks back I invested in a bunch of silver. In hindsight, that was probably my "panic buy."

Aye that be I lol

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I didn't panic buy anything because luckily I was raised as a "prepper". Although we never called it that it was just normal life living in bfe.

I wanted to comment on your garden though. I've had a raised bed garden for several years before I got too busy with work.
    I found that they need more water than normal growing so keep that in mind. Although you aren't raised much just wanted to share a tip.

Thanks!! I figured that out already, I pretty much have to water it daily, even if it has rained recently. Its a pain, but I think the plants are better off for having well drained soil. I'll probably post another thread later during harvest time!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Absolutely nothing due to the pandemic.

If anything, I chose to support more local restaurants and haven't been to a single franchise other than Chickfila.

I bought some ammo that I had been looking for prior to the pandemic and was able to buy it at a reasonable price.

If there is anything that pissed me off during all of this, it's the lack of nitrile gloves and spray bottles at automotive stores. Advanced Auto cancelled my order for ZEP bottles even though they show in stock. OReillys and Advanced Auto told me they are not allowed to sell gloves. I've been able to buy cleaning supplies everywhere except auto parts stores.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Boss Lady the RN sent me on a mission
    I got the gloves,N-95 masks,T.P. rice,beans,Lysol,Hand wipes,Beerz's,Wine,Ground beef,strawberry's n cool-whip.

Planted a few items out in the sticks at the Gorilla garden like ,corn,tomatoes,cantaloupes,Romain lettuce...

Shot a lil pig,Its vacuum sealed in the freezer along with the beef.

Filled up the tractor so I can bury the bodies of my enemy's

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Boss Lady the RN sent me on a mission
    I got the gloves,N-95 masks,T.P. rice,beans,Lysol,Hand wipes,Beerz's,Wine,Ground beef,strawberry's n cool-whip.

Planted a few items out in the sticks at the Gorilla garden like ,corn,tomatoes,cantaloupes,Romain lettuce...

Shot a lil pig,Its vacuum sealed in the freezer along with the beef.

Filled up the tractor so I can bury the bodies of my enemy's

Heartwarming Post :rofl:

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Absolutely nothing due to the pandemic.

If anything, I chose to support more local restaurants and haven't been to a single franchise other than Chickfila.

I bought some ammo that I had been looking for prior to the pandemic and was able to buy it at a reasonable price.

If there is anything that pissed me off during all of this, it's the lack of nitrile gloves and spray bottles at automotive stores. Advanced Auto cancelled my order for ZEP bottles even though they show in stock. OReillys and Advanced Auto told me they are not allowed to sell gloves. I've been able to buy cleaning supplies everywhere except auto parts stores.

Yeah I don't understand the rationale behind forbidding vendors from selling certain products. That's the kind of **** the USSR did. Garbage, GARBAGE policy if you ask me. Ive had bad luck with some stores too, Lowes has been pretty reliable although they are somewhat expensive.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Chocolate!!! There are some little people in my life that weren't going to miss out on Easter on my watch!
    I've been told that I over did it a little bit!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom