Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

some extra(on top of the normal extra) canned foods. pet foods, and 1 box of 9mm range ammo.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It wasnít a panic buy but I read that wheat wasnít being exported from the second largest producer of wheat in the world. Since I mill my own wheat for my bread,. We buy wheat berries. So we bought around 150 lbs of wheat berries and two lbs of yeast before the prices went nuts.

I go through about 50lbs of wheat berries a year so I should be good for a while. Also for you preppers they keep for 25 years if stored correctly and are seeds that can grow more wheat if needed.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    Donít necessarily see how that equates to a panic buy.
    More like staples of modern living to me...
    Yabbut, I went quantity over quality...not a good outcome, lol.

I really didnít buy anything as a direct result of the virus. More like Iím buying less at the moment. I actually sold off a few thousand rounds of ammo because Iím limiting myself to how many cans Iím storing. If I was gonna buy 10k rounds of 855 right now at these prices Iíd be spending an extra 2 grand. Think about that for a minute. Only buy when prices are low. Save for those times if you have to.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Well I guess it's still a "pandemic buy," but everything is going on sale for this week/weekend and I found a good deal on an A/C zone steel target, hanger, and stand.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

My only true 'COVID buy' was college style Ramen noodles and 15 extra cans of soup. Right when everyone began panic buying things, I figured I'd like to have a little extra ready to eat food laying around in case one of us got super sick.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Marksman

User Info Menu

Not the first thing, but the best thing was stock in oil companies. Iíve more than doubled my money in the last month and a half.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Not the first thing, but the best thing was stock in oil companies. I’ve more than doubled my money in the last month and a half.
    Ughhhh not fair.

I'm prohibited from buying any single name securities or funds that track specific sectors.

I did invest in some ETFs that follow the market as a whole and am up over 20% in a few weeks.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Not the first thing, but the best thing was stock in oil companies. I’ve more than doubled my money in the last month and a half.
    All the people who sold are going to be at the bar drinking away their sorrows.

enthusiast

User Info Menu

I didn't panic buy, but I helped about a half dozen new gun owners buy their first guns (and some hoarded a few guns). That being said, it made me itch for something new watching them get new toys, So I bought two suppressors. An octane 45 from sico and an AAC m4-2k (mostly b/c I already have an SDN6 and own about a dozen 51t's so I wouldn't have to buy muzzle devices).
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

I bought a case of tampons. I figure when everyone is on lockdown I can still go bike riding, swimming, golfing, skydiving, jogging, etc...it says it right on the back of the box.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim