Can an XD trigger be installed in G19??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xduser504

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2017
    Chalmette,La
    I have an XD 40 and have had it a long time. I love the trigger. I bought a glock 19 about two years ago and have been carrying it. I like the glock but I love the trigger on my XD. Anyone know if I can buy a factory XD trigger that would be able to be installed In a glock? Or perhaps does anyone know of a trigger that feels like a factory XD trigger?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Tell us what you like about the XD trigger and what you do not like about the Glock trigger. I have several good Glock triggers available if you are interested.

jimdanos

Silver Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Lafourche Parish
    ajames51p is a member of the xdtalk.com. He is a xd certified XD gunsmith and also works on Glocks and other guns. He is available on Facebook as XDMAN. His web site is XDMAN.COM

xduser504

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2017
    Chalmette,La
    I like the small distance to travel and the break of the xd trigger. Plus it seems to physically sit back further than the glock trigger. I think the biggest thing is that I am most familiar with the xd trigger and therefore better with it

xduser504

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2017
    Chalmette,La
    Thanks Jim, I will write him to see what he thinks. Even if I can’t put an xd trigger in the glock, he could recommend a trigger for my glock that is similar to the xd travel and break

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you want a Real Authority on Glock Triggers that will talk to you on the phone contact Charley Vanek or Johnny Glocks Triggers.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I like the small distance to travel and the break of the xd trigger. Plus it seems to physically sit back further than the glock trigger. I think the biggest thing is that I am most familiar with the xd trigger and therefore better with it

I am not familiar with the XD but I have worked on more than 100 Glocks and have the parts available if you need help with your trigger.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://youtu.be/ex1R2S5gsM4

I’ve upgraded all my Glock triggers and I think about 7-8 for other folks and you can spend money on the entire trigger kit or just buy springs and polish what you have in the gun. I’ve done both and the difference is minimal and the results are great either way. I went Zev fulcrum ultimate in the last police trade in I bought and I was happy, but it had the New York trigger when I got it so anything would have been a huge improvement.
    My 17 got a Overwatch Precision which is prolly the softest Glock trigger I’ve ever shot.
    I’ve done my 19 and 23 with the $20 low weight springs and hone/polish the factory trigger with abrasives and Flitz to a mirror finish like I do every AR group I get my hands on. Throw the correct grease on it and call it a day. Looking back I’d just as soon done them all on the cheap. It was pretty straight forward and I’ve had no trouble from either of mine or the few I’ve done for friends and family.
    I’d put my money on JB right here on the site. If he’s had his hands in that many Glocks I’m betting he’d do a pro job.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I’ve upgraded all my Glock triggers and I think about 7-8 for other folks and you can spend money on the entire trigger kit or just buy springs and polish what you have in the gun. I’ve done both and the difference is minimal and the results are great either way.

I’ve done my 19 and 23 with the $20 low weight springs and hone/polish the factory trigger with abrasives and Flitz to a mirror finish like I do every AR group I get my hands on. Throw the correct grease on it and call it a day. Looking back I’d just as soon done them all on the cheap. It was pretty straight forward and I’ve had no trouble from either of mine or the few I’ve done for friends and family.

I have a buddy who just loves to spend money on triggers. Thanks to him I have had a chance to test almost all of the AR and glock triggers. The AR cassette style drop in triggers make a big difference. The glock triggers, not so much.

I am a cheap ass... I just don't see the benefit of the high dollar glock trigger, as the improvement is minimal. I have a few well broken in glocks with factory triggers and they really do not feel much different, to me. Perhaps the high dollar glock triggers will break in as well and become even better? Compared to the "night and day" difference of the AR cassette triggers, the glock stuff just does not seem to offer such a big improvement for the cost.

I agree that the "fluff and buff" plus springs is the way to go. I have a few glocks with the various brand disconnectors, and the file/trim to fit ghost 5lb is my favorite. It does require fitting, but the over-travel stop and crisp break are worth it. Keep in mind that I am not a fan of ultra light triggers and I do like the 2 stage glock trigger. YMMV, and I am sure that there is a 'smith out there who does a better job than my buddy at installing the triggers in glocks. Better results from the pros!!!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I just don't see the benefit of the high dollar glock trigger, as the improvement is minimal.

I agree. Gen 5 Glocks have the best trigger of all Glocks. Even then, I'm not going to ditch Gen 3/4 guns just to have Gen 5 guns.

I have no problem with people modifying their guns as they please, but aftermarket Glock triggers are high price to pay for very little gain.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a buddy who just loves to spend money on triggers. Thanks to him I have had a chance to test almost all of the AR and glock triggers. The AR cassette style drop in triggers make a big difference. The glock triggers, not so much.

I am a cheap ass... I just don't see the benefit of the high dollar glock trigger, as the improvement is minimal. I have a few well broken in glocks with factory triggers and they really do not feel much different, to me. Perhaps the high dollar glock triggers will break in as well and become even better? Compared to the "night and day" difference of the AR cassette triggers, the glock stuff just does not seem to offer such a big improvement for the cost.

I agree that the "fluff and buff" plus springs is the way to go. I have a few glocks with the various brand disconnectors, and the file/trim to fit ghost 5lb is my favorite. It does require fitting, but the over-travel stop and crisp break are worth it. Keep in mind that I am not a fan of ultra light triggers and I do like the 2 stage glock trigger. YMMV, and I am sure that there is a 'smith out there who does a better job than my buddy at installing the triggers in glocks. Better results from the pros!!!
    I agree, stark difference with the cassette style AR triggers for sure but there are a lot of variations and some actually kind of suck. The Glock triggers are overkill in my opinion but 3.5 lb in a double action is not exactly a hair trigger. It’s a good trigger. I’ve done a small handful of spring swap and polish Glock triggers that pulled in the 3.5 lb range on the gauge and they all felt nice to me but none felt unsafe. I had a cop friend shoot one of mine and said it was nice but he wouldn’t trust it not to have an accidental discharge, then told me of a cop that got part of his jacket hooked into the trigger and had an accidental discharge. I agreed that was bad news but didn’t see where the trigger contributed.
    Overall I think 4-5lb single action is good for a pistol. I do appreciate a two stage trigger when long range rifle shooting, hunting or just benchrest shooting in general, but it would feel completely foreign to me in a pistol and I’d rather single stage in 80% of my AR’s as I only have like 6-8 that I shoot exclusively from a bench or bipod. I wasn’t even aware a two stage Glock trigger existed.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    By definition, a Glock trigger is two stage.

The majority of the takeup is pushing the striker to the rear.
    The second *stage* is the final *wall* when the trigger bar drops below the striker.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    By definition, a Glock trigger is two stage.

The majority of the takeup is pushing the striker to the rear.
    The second *stage* is the final *wall* when the trigger bar drops below the striker.

Yes, this is what I meant by 2 stage. I like the takeup, maybe just because I have shot glock more than the rest of the striker fired autos. Might just be mental, but when I pick up a poly auto and the trigger is not "glocky" it just does not feel right. Ppq has a better trigger than glock but still feels similar. I tried a forward set trigger in one of my xd45 and it was just "not right"

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I agree. Gen 5 Glocks have the best trigger of all Glocks. Even then, I'm not going to ditch Gen 3/4 guns just to have Gen 5 guns.

I have no problem with people modifying their guns as they please, but aftermarket Glock triggers are high price to pay for very little gain.

It seems like the trigger shoe is the selling point most of the time. Flat triggers are all the rage right now and pimping out a gun is always in style. I feel like paying a 1/5 to a 1/4 of what the gun cost to make the trigger a different color is a bit much...

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes, this is what I meant by 2 stage. I like the takeup, maybe just because I have shot glock more than the rest of the striker fired autos. Might just be mental, but when I pick up a poly auto and the trigger is not "glocky" it just does not feel right. Ppq has a better trigger than glock but still feels similar. I tried a forward set trigger in one of my xd45 and it was just "not right"

Most striker fired pistols have a striker that is ready to fire, where Glock strikers are "at rest" on the safety plunger. The best comparison is looking at how an M&P operates versus a Glock pistol.

It seems like the trigger shoe is the selling point most of the time. Flat triggers are all the rage right now and pimping out a gun is always in style. I feel like paying a 1/5 to a 1/4 of what the gun cost to make the trigger a different color is a bit much...

Glock's triggers are ingenious, but do not take well to modifications. Unlike SAO, DAO, DA/SA, and some other Striker guns, Glock's triggers perform multiple actions at once, which is why you must be extremely careful when modifying them. There is a range of safe modifications, but most of the Joe Blow companies make unsafe triggers by removing so much pre-travel that they begin to disengage the striker safety plunger and begin to load the striker before you even touch the trigger. Overwatch Precision is one of the few companies that makes a trigger that retains Glock's safety features and gives you a different trigger shoe. Considering that even the cheapest Overwatch Precision Trigger is $60, you're paying a hefty amount of money for something very simple.

There is very little gain from modifying a Glock trigger. Some people think it's worth the money and that's fine. The only problem I have is when people don't know what they are doing and modify their trigger to the point it is unsafe or simply think that because it's for sale on the interwebs that it is somehow a safe modification.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Lol, no doubt. 20 bucks and my time to improve a Glock trigger seems sensible to me, but nothing past that. And I can’t get behind a straight trigger on any gun. I just don’t care for them at all. Call me old fashioned.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    In my experience you shoot a Glock well in spite of the trigger, it's just something you train and adapt to.

I've got a CMC flat kit in a Polymer80 build just cause I wanted to play with something. Initial pull feels very Glock-like, but the reset seems a bit crisper and shorter, overall not bad. All the rest of my Glocks are work and carry guns so they are factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom