Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta guys???

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I have a few 92's. Cool guns, but their complexity concerns me.

Years ago when I did a three day intensive handgun class, the instructor suggested that we not run 92's. My backup pistol was a S&W M&P, and I ended up shooting that. It's a good thing ... the two guys that insisted on running 92's both had issues.

That said, it's a fun range toy.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    I have a few 92's. Cool guns, but their complexity concerns me.

Years ago when I did a three day intensive handgun class, the instructor suggested that we not run 92's. My backup pistol was a S&W M&P, and I ended up shooting that. It's a good thing ... the two guys that insisted on running 92's both had issues.

That said, it's a fun range toy.

Mike
    Any idea what sort of problems?
    I’ve had one breakage on a police trade in about 10 years or so back. Heavily shot weapon when I got it no doubt. The inside looked about as worn as the outside. The extractor blew out. It was always my beater. I carried it on my place a lot and I’d shot at least 3k rounds with it. I can’t say I’ve never had any issues with any of mine but when I did it was short lived, either ammo related or fouling or as simple as a faulty mag.
    I can tell you the Sellier & Bellot FMJ stuff is not dependable in a 92. Their ammo is usually great but the smaller beveled rim on their 9mm brass is problematic.
    Last edited by Magdump; May 24th, 2020 at 05:46 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...