Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta guys???

User Info Menu

Beretta guys???

I shot a 92a1 and fell in love. I'm looking for one in 9mm and see some fs models out there. Is the only difference the sight and rail? I'm not familiar with Beretta's but think I will be soon.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I have quite a few and have shot and collected the 92 avidly for around 35 years. I donít notice much difference in shooting feel at all between models except for a little bit between the compact/Vertec/centurion models and full size models, which is minimal. There is a little room for improvement over bone stock (trigger and op-spring) but they all run smooth as butter in OEM condition, with a real sweet single action and short reset trigger. Itís one of the most controllable and dependable 9mm pistols Iíve ever shot, inherent to the design. The 3 smoothest .40 S&W pistols Iíve ever shot are H&K USP, Beretta 96 and FNX 40, in that order. Some folks with smaller hands complain a little but a Desert Eagle fits my hand great so I imagine there may be something to it. There are differences in the front sights, most are built into the slide, a few new models do have dovetail front. There are differences in the grip on certain models (note the pics posted previously) but again, no different in feel to me when shooting. FS full size models have 15 and 17 round flush fit mags, the compact shorter grip versions have 13 and 15 rounders available. If I had a choice between 92FS police trade in and a 92S for less money, Iíd go for the FS, BUT, even the single stack Helwan Brigadier model is a really sweet shooter, so no matter which you wind up with, youíll likely be pleased. Some of the newer full size Berettas will have plastic op rod, trigger and safety/decocker parts that work well but I replace them when I wind up with any. The only one of mine I ever felt compelled to improve was a DAO police model centurion I bought dirt cheap in the 90ís. Dropped a few Wilson Combat parts in it and was completely satisfied. Iíve bought and sold quite a few pistols over the years, bought a lot of Berettas and have yet to part with one.
    Last edited by Magdump; May 23rd, 2020 at 04:23 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

User Info Menu

Great info, thanks Guys. I have a baby desert eagle that fits me well also.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

And magazine price/availability is outstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Target

User Info Menu

I love the Berretta 92 series. I would consider it among the best 9mm's out there. As far as I know, the only differences between the a1 and fs are what you described. If anything, to me the a1 is an upgraded version due to the rail and higher mag capacity it comes with; although all the 92 mags are interchangeable to my knowledge.

I always bring mine for every range visit. Just such a joy to shoot. I still owe myself a compact version. One of these days.

User Info Menu

Yea, I'm on the hunt for an A1

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Beretta guys???

Quote Originally Posted by IJS View Post
    I love the Berretta 92 series. I would consider it among the best 9mm's out there. As far as I know, the only differences between the a1 and fs are what you described. If anything, to me the a1 is an upgraded version due to the rail and higher mag capacity it comes with; although all the 92 mags are interchangeable to my knowledge.

I always bring mine for every range visit. Just such a joy to shoot. I still owe myself a compact version. One of these days.
    Yeah, Iíve picked up a few 17 rounders and theyíre the same except for the polished blue finish as opposed to the standard matte black.
    The compact is a sweet little pistol. I prefer the one without the rail, but I bought a railed version first. Had to wait for the plain frame to be available again but it was worth it.

Shorter grip, slide and barrel. Not a mini by any means, but scaled down nicely.
    Last edited by Magdump; May 23rd, 2020 at 08:53 PM.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Yeah, I’ve picked up a few 17 rounders and they’re the same except for the polished blue finish as opposed to the standard matte black.
    The compact is a sweet little pistol. I prefer the one without the rail, but I bought a railed version first. Had to wait for the plain frame to be available again but it was worth it.

Shorter grip, slide and barrel. Not a mini by any means, but scaled down nicely.
    Okay heard that, that's what I thought.

Ooooh, those are nice. That's awesome. Yeah, I personally think just a scaled down version of the full size is perfect. I think it would be a great carry; for me, at least. I probably wouldn't go with the rail for my compact either.

Let me know if you're ever looking to part with one of your compacts lol

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IJS View Post
    Okay heard that, that's what I thought.

Ooooh, those are nice. That's awesome. Yeah, I personally think just a scaled down version of the full size is perfect. I think it would be a great carry; for me, at least. I probably wouldn't go with the rail for my compact either.

Let me know if you're ever looking to part with one of your compacts lol
    Always glad to help find one but can’t bear to part with one.