Anywhere to Rent a Small Flat Bottom Boat?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not sure if such a rental service exists ... but my wife and I would like to rent a small flat bottom boat (with an appropriate outboard motor) that we could use to explore some of Louisiana's natural splendor.

The few boat rental places I've looked at rent boats that are either much larger than we're looking for, or much smaller (ie. canoes and kayaks).

I'd look at buying something, but I really don't want to store a boat that I likely won't be using for 350+ days of the year.

mike

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Buy one like I’m trying to do, use it a couple times then sell it to me! Lol. Seriously though, your best bet is probably going to be to get a friend that has one to let you borrow his...

That's what I was afraid of. I wish I could find this elusive friend with the enthusiasm to lend me his boat, motor and trailer ...

Mike

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You can rent a Jon Boat, but for what you will pay per hour, depending on how many people you have, it might be better to pool money and buy one.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    You can rent a Jon Boat, but for what you will pay per hour, depending on how many people you have, it might be better to pool money and buy one.

This^

I bought a beat up 14x36 Jon boat for $200. It sits most of the year. But doesn't cost me a cent for it to sit there.
    Keep an eye on Craigslist and Louisiana sportsman. Also check the classified section of rural area newspapers.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Check put the *letgo* app or website. I just looked and there were a couple of them similar to what you guys are looking for. As with any selling/buying platform watch for scammers.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I know that for $2500 or so I could set myself up with a nice flat bottom rig. The problem with that is I then have to store it ... and I don't want to be the guy with a boat beside my house that sits for 357 days of the year.

That said, I also figured it was a long shot that something like this could be rented ...

Mike

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I know that for $2500 or so I could set myself up with a nice flat bottom rig. The problem with that is I then have to store it ... and I don't want to be the guy with a boat beside my house that sits for 357 days of the year.

That said, I also figured it was a long shot that something like this could be rented ...

Mike

Then you can be like every other person that has a boat and doesn't want to keep it near their house by storing it at a storage facility.

There is a facility near my home that is full of boats.

Point being, I'm not really sure what you're looking to do by renting a flat boat. If you're going fishing, a charter would be much more enjoyable and cost effective.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Mike

Rent it out to KDerek

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Buy one like I’m trying to do, use it a couple times then sell it to me! Lol. Seriously though, your best bet is probably going to be to get a friend that has one to let you borrow his...

I'm looking to sell mine - boat, motor, and trailer. Moving to West Texas soon, so I won't need it. Wired for lights, has a 6.5hp Honda Go Devil mud motor, removable fishing seat, reinforced prow. Have a separate long-range fuel tank and some other stuff I forgot about. I haven't used it since I had a hip replacement a few years ago anyway. Registration is up to date.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom