Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Anywhere to Rent a Small Flat Bottom Boat?

I'm not sure if such a rental service exists ... but my wife and I would like to rent a small flat bottom boat (with an appropriate outboard motor) that we could use to explore some of Louisiana's natural splendor.

The few boat rental places I've looked at rent boats that are either much larger than we're looking for, or much smaller (ie. canoes and kayaks).

I'd look at buying something, but I really don't want to store a boat that I likely won't be using for 350+ days of the year.

mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Buy one like I’m trying to do, use it a couple times then sell it to me! Lol. Seriously though, your best bet is probably going to be to get a friend that has one to let you borrow his...
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    Buy one like I’m trying to do, use it a couple times then sell it to me! Lol. Seriously though, your best bet is probably going to be to get a friend that has one to let you borrow his...
    That's what I was afraid of. I wish I could find this elusive friend with the enthusiasm to lend me his boat, motor and trailer ...

Mike

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hmmm that might pose a difficulty there...hell, let em hold a rifle or 2 as collateral? Lol
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Plenty boats in Louisiana Sportsman for sale,You two could go in half? Just kidding about halvesies,Always a bad idea!

But go look there or FB market place.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

You can rent a Jon Boat, but for what you will pay per hour, depending on how many people you have, it might be better to pool money and buy one.

tacklebox

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    You can rent a Jon Boat, but for what you will pay per hour, depending on how many people you have, it might be better to pool money and buy one.
    This^

I bought a beat up 14x36 Jon boat for $200. It sits most of the year. But doesn't cost me a cent for it to sit there.
    Keep an eye on Craigslist and Louisiana sportsman. Also check the classified section of rural area newspapers.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
    - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"

-George Washington

Moving forward

User Info Menu

Check put the *letgo* app or website. I just looked and there were a couple of them similar to what you guys are looking for. As with any selling/buying platform watch for scammers.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I know that for $2500 or so I could set myself up with a nice flat bottom rig. The problem with that is I then have to store it ... and I don't want to be the guy with a boat beside my house that sits for 357 days of the year.

That said, I also figured it was a long shot that something like this could be rented ...

Mike

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    I know that for $2500 or so I could set myself up with a nice flat bottom rig. The problem with that is I then have to store it ... and I don't want to be the guy with a boat beside my house that sits for 357 days of the year.

That said, I also figured it was a long shot that something like this could be rented ...

Mike
    Then you can be like every other person that has a boat and doesn't want to keep it near their house by storing it at a storage facility.

There is a facility near my home that is full of boats.

Point being, I'm not really sure what you're looking to do by renting a flat boat. If you're going fishing, a charter would be much more enjoyable and cost effective.