Bushnell TRS 26

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don’t have one, but from what I read people don’t like them as much as the 25. I am also thinking of one so I’d love to hear from someone who has one.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I haven’t met a bigger fan of the 25 than myself so I’m curious as well. Truthfully, I’ve never had one fail in any way, although I’ve had 2 that were a failure in the box out of maybe 12-15 I’ve bought? One was designated AR and came with a riser mount, the hardware was unbelievably chinky and the single clamping screw broke at about 3 inch pounds (ok maybe 5 but it was smaller than any other mount screw I’ve ever seen. Like 10-32 or something smaller.) The other was obviously quality control (cross threaded the battery cover) and was quickly exchanged. I’ve paid between $40-$100 for these over the years. I still own a few on guns and a few in boxes. I’ve seen shoot outs and comparisons with everything from Aimpoint to the Bushnell and they fared well with all the competition, even garnering special mention from testers and operators during testing. They’re the sights I’ve kept on old beater rifles because of the low cost and mucho performance. Nothing I’ve put them through seems to kill them. They retain zero and work in adverse conditions just fine for me. All I ever do is mount them on a small 1 inch riser (brings it up to absolute cowitness height) and keep fresh batteries in them. I like the ultra small dot. In short, I’ve paid 10 times as much for red dots, but I’ve yet to find one that can outdo the 25 as is, until you start adding magnifiers and such. The only drawback I’ve found in owning one is that person who will eventually attempt to give you grief for not spending a lot more money.

I’d love to say I’d buy a 26, but I’m content with the 25, especially for the price.
    6aa5094fceb8abd7196fd241ad8bbb5d.jpg

13b0c047e3f47c6505b2b15e2114f199.jpg

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    At the same price point, you have options from Holosun and Primary Arms.

I don't see an advantage to it over the TRS-25 if you're using it on a .22lr rifle.

Top Bottom