Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Marksman

User Info Menu

Machine Shop in the NOLA Area

Does anyone know of a machine shop in the NOLA area that could do minor work on for example an optics plate? I want to get a couple of optic plates (and potentially a slide) modified to fit the holosun 407k and would rather deal locally than send everything off and pay like I was doing a complete re-mill

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Subscribed, It would excellent to have a local place. I always direct people to Primary Machine.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

The trouble is, you have to find a machine shop that has an ITAR license. Stupid law.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    The trouble is, you have to find a machine shop that has an ITAR license. Stupid law.
    Why would you need an itar license to mill slides or optic plates if there is no actual "firearm" involved

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yankchef View Post
    Why would you need an itar license to mill slides or optic plates if there is no actual "firearm" involved

I would like to know the answer to this question as well?? You bringt all of the parts to the machine shop, minus the frame/receiver/ serialized part and have them work on it. No serialized parts, so no ffl/sot needed. Just paying someone to work on parts... ??? I have not read the entire ITAR BS, perhaps it is time.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Custom Fabrication, in Kenner. They used to make one-of-a-kind parts for medical apps for my company.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Be sitting down when you ask the hourly rate of a good machine shop