WTS: 9mm 500 round packs | Winchester 115 Grain FMJ

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't want to buy it. My offer was never intended to be accepted. Was that not obvious?

I normally PM people who post overpriced things and let them know it's overpriced. In this case someone responded to the thread commenting on it, so I just jumped into the conversation.

People can sell at whatever they want. But if you post a stupid high price you can expect to be called out, either publically or privately.

Also, selling something at a higher than normal or lower than normal price is a tactic of scammers (who don't actually have the product). Calling them out is something we as site staff do to figure out if someone is legit. I'd say 80% of the time, people don't realize that their item is materially misvalued. The rest of the time, they are normally scammers who don't respond and who are using VPNs trying to show a local IP address. On rare occasion do people try to defend their absurdly high prices.

Again, we do our part to protect our members and the greater shooting community. Sometimes it pisses people off. Unfortunately we can't please everyone, but we do our best. At the end of the day, this is a discussion board and we try to encourage polite discussion.

I’m a long term member Austin and your quoted response is full of inconsistency. Who are you to
    judge high price ? As with anything the market sets the price, to high equals no sale. A person should be able to list a 4,000 dollar H&R crack barrel although we both know it won’t sell and make seller look like a fool.

My main point is either allow or don’t allow comment on items for sale. It shouldn’t be both ways.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    I don't want to buy it. My offer was never intended to be accepted. Was that not obvious?

I normally PM people who post overpriced things and let them know it's overpriced. In this case someone responded to the thread commenting on it, so I just jumped into the conversation.

People can sell at whatever they want. But if you post a stupid high price you can expect to be called out, either publically or privately.

Also, selling something at a higher than normal or lower than normal price is a tactic of scammers (who don't actually have the product). Calling them out is something we as site staff do to figure out if someone is legit. I'd say 80% of the time, people don't realize that their item is materially misvalued. The rest of the time, they are normally scammers who don't respond and who are using VPNs trying to show a local IP address. On rare occasion do people try to defend their absurdly high prices.

Again, we do our part to protect our members and the greater shooting community. Sometimes it pisses people off. Unfortunately we can't please everyone, but we do our best. At the end of the day, this is a discussion board and we try to encourage polite discussion.

*makes offer with no intent to purchase* funny guy here. The "stupid high price" is only in reflection to your love of CCIs pre corona that you love to speak on. How many pictures you want to prove I have the items? The price is a mere ~15 above retail, maybe more or less depending on your value of time. Should I write AustinBR on the remaining 2 boxes? A call out to prove against scammers, is extremely interesting, have you maybe thought in a more professional manner (like an admin would) and maybe just reply or PM the seller with a simple message such as: To ensure this is real would you mind posting more pictures and tagging your name in the picture? Or is that just far too complex? If this is your best maybe its time to pass the ole torch down.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Really, you never intended to buy it? Looks like it does to me
    We both know you would not have accepted that offer.

I’m a long term member Austin and your quoted response is full of inconsistency. Who are you to
    judge high price ? As with anything the market sets the price, to high equals no sale. A person should be able to list a 4,000 dollar H&R crack barrel although we both know it won’t sell and make seller look like a fool.

My main point is either allow or don’t allow comment on items for sale. It shouldn’t be both ways.
    I'll answer your question with a question: Who is anyone to judge someone's price?

This is ultimately a discussion board. We have been discussing the price, though at this point it seems everyone is running in a circle.

We don't have it both ways. Comments are allowed in marketplace posts with a few exceptions (none of which are applicable here).

*makes offer with no intent to purchase* funny guy here. The "stupid high price" is only in reflection to your love of CCIs pre corona that you love to speak on. How many pictures you want to prove I have the items? The price is a mere ~15 above retail, maybe more or less depending on your value of time. Should I write AustinBR on the remaining 2 boxes? A call out to prove against scammers, is extremely interesting, have you maybe thought in a more professional manner (like an admin would) and maybe just reply or PM the seller with a simple message such as: To ensure this is real would you mind posting more pictures and tagging your name in the picture? Or is that just far too complex? If this is your best maybe its time to pass the ole torch down.
    My love of CCI? I shoot any decent target ammo, including the Winchester that you're selling.

The 'stupid high price' is reflecting the true market value of your ammo, which is being sold by you, a third party. There is inherent risk when buying ammo from individuals outside of a retail environment. People might buy it at the price you have listed, but they are getting ripped off. Hopefully they know it. That's the point of calling it out.

Regarding the scammers comment, that was more of a general comment on why we reach out to people. It wasn't really applicable to you.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    How does one find the true market value during a shortage Mr. Ammunition? I've already showed you the FIRST 4 online sellers I saw with packs for $170-$240 before fees (OOS), BPS has retail at $120 unless you get the temporary sale going on. What price would an ammunition expert like yourself sell these packs at? Should I take a loss on excess ammo that truly doesn't need to leave my safe? You seem to be out of you comfort zone of knowledge. I am no expert but wouldn't it be stupid to lose money?

hoopstar789

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 15, 2017
    Slidell LA
    AustinBR I just want you to be clear, a yes or no answer. Are you saying it is not against rules for someone to see something listed for what they deem unreasonable and to call the OP out on it, and my second question is what is reasonable and unreasonable. Is their a price limit. Are we going off MSRP or used value market, what site is the price mirroring? Because it seems private sale prices are just subjective.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    How does one find the true market value during a shortage Mr. Ammunition? I've already showed you the FIRST 4 online sellers I saw with packs for $170-$240 before fees (OOS), BPS has retail at $120 unless you get the temporary sale going on. What price would an ammunition expert like yourself sell these packs at? Should I take a loss on excess ammo that truly doesn't need to leave my safe? You seem to be out of you comfort zone of knowledge. I am no expert but wouldn't it be stupid to lose money?

Mr.Ammunition, eh? That's certainly a new one.

Is there really, truly an ammunition shortage right now? I'd argue that there is not. Just like there isn't really a toilet paper or paper towels shortage. Sure, some of the retailers may have sold out because people freaked out, but should Walmart or Albertsons raise the price of toilet paper by 60%?

Anyway, the sites that you are referencing raised their prices - which isn't cool. I would advise anyone to not spend money there. Also, ammo is one of those things that someone always has on sale. Paying MSRP for it isn't smart - just like buying a car for the inflated asking price on the sticker.

Should you take a loss? Maybe. Maybe not. Should you use the COVID19 scare as an excuse to make a profit off of ammo that you didn't pay 35 cents/round for? I'd argue no - which has been my stance the whole time.

I'm not sure how much merit there is in continuing this discussion. At the end it comes down to differing opinions. You think it's acceptable to make a decent profit off of ammo due to a pandemic, whereas I do not. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. If people are willing to buy it at the cost that you have listed for sale, that's on them. I just hope that they aren't buying it under the pretense that it is the 'going rate' for ammo, which it is not. That was the intention I had when continuing this discussion.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    AustinBR I just want you to be clear, a yes or no answer. Are you saying it is not against rules for someone to see something listed for what they deem unreasonable and to call the OP out on it, and my second question is what is reasonable and unreasonable. Is their a price limit. Are we going off MSRP or used value market, what site is the price mirroring? Because it seems private sale prices are just subjective.

Yes: It is not against the rules for someone to see something listed for what they deem an unreasonable price and to call out the OP on the price. This can be a public post or a private PM. As long as no other rules are broken, this would be acceptable.

I'm not sure how to answer your second question as it really depends on what the item is for sale. Private sale prices are absolutely subjective, but I would think that for common items that the market price would drive at least a benchmark. If we are talking C&R and uncommon items, then trying to benchmark a price would be a more difficult task based on more variables.

And to clarify with your first question, you, any user, or any site staff are welcome to call out users on their prices. We won't ever force someone to change their prices, though. I have not once told rcourv7 that he needs to alter the ad. It has also not been altered by any site staff. Further, no posts have been removed from this thread and as far as I am concerned, no site rules have been broken.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    Mr.Ammunition, eh? That's certainly a new one.

Is there really, truly an ammunition shortage right now? I'd argue that there is not. Just like there isn't really a toilet paper or paper towels shortage. Sure, some of the retailers may have sold out because people freaked out, but should Walmart or Albertsons raise the price of toilet paper by 60%?

Anyway, the sites that you are referencing raised their prices - which isn't cool. I would advise anyone to not spend money there. Also, ammo is one of those things that someone always has on sale. Paying MSRP for it isn't smart - just like buying a car for the inflated asking price on the sticker.

Should you take a loss? Maybe. Maybe not. Should you use the COVID19 scare as an excuse to make a profit off of ammo that you didn't pay 35 cents/round for? I'd argue no - which has been my stance the whole time.

I'm not sure how much merit there is in continuing this discussion. At the end it comes down to differing opinions. You think it's acceptable to make a decent profit off of ammo due to a pandemic, whereas I do not. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. If people are willing to buy it at the cost that you have listed for sale, that's on them. I just hope that they aren't buying it under the pretense that it is the 'going rate' for ammo, which it is not. That was the intention I had when continuing this discussion.

So, I think the final conclusion is that you should've never replied to ad since you don't want to purchase. If $15 a box is decent profit to you then good lord...my listings would be of near equivalence if not cheaper if one store wasn't having a sale. Should you stick to your role and not share your "stance" on ad's and continue doing administrator things? Maybe. Maybe yes. Also, Mr. Ammunition isn't a new one as I called you Mr. Ammo expert yesterday which is fairly similar (like steel case & brass case for some) you would've noticed if you actually read all posts and tumbled off your high horse because your name is bolded in Red and mine is Black. I'll stick to creating ads for those who need ammo and other items and you can stick to buying used padlocks. The countless sites out of stock and your local stores not having guns/ammo would maybe classify as a shortage but I don't study supply & demand too hard.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So, I think the final conclusion is that you should've never replied to ad since you don't want to purchase. If $15 a box is decent profit to you then good lord...my listings would be of near equivalence if not cheaper if one store wasn't having a sale. Should you stick to your role and not share your "stance" on ad's and continue doing administrator things? Maybe. Maybe yes. Also, Mr. Ammunition isn't a new one as I called you Mr. Ammo expert yesterday which is fairly similar (like steel case & brass case for some) you would've noticed if you actually read all posts and tumbled off your high horse because your name is bolded in Red and mine is Black. I'll stick to creating ads for those who need ammo and other items and you can stick to buying used padlocks. The countless sites out of stock and your local stores not having guns/ammo would maybe classify as a shortage but I don't study supply & demand too hard.

It's hardly your position to come up with the final conclusion. And why is it you believe mods and admins should not be allowed to participate on discussions on the board? I'm just trying to gather up information on why people believe that. I'm sure you understand. And you seem to be arguing from the position that you provide an irreplaceable service to this site. There is nobody on this site, myself included, whose departure would affect his site in any lasting way. Sorry.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    It's hardly your position to come up with the final conclusion. And why is it you believe mods and admins should not be allowed to participate on discussions on the board? I'm just trying to gather up information on why people believe that. I'm sure you understand. And you seem to be arguing from the position that you provide an irreplaceable service to this site. There is nobody on this site, myself included, whose departure would affect his site in any lasting way. Sorry.

Weird, I don't remember saying mods and admins shouldn't be allowed to participate in discussion. I think you may be referring to me questioning why the admin decided himself that anyone wanted to hear his $.02 on the ammo he uses and when he bought it, on an member's ad. I thought these were ads, not discussions. I guess people believe the following: if you see an ad of something you need, click on it, if you want to make an offer or purchase you would then use the necessary contact information. If you see an ad that you have no interest in, then why even click, keep scrolling. If you're bored enough to click on ad you have no purpose for then maybe take yourself to the discussion or watch some knitting tutorials on youtube to pass time. I am actually providing no service, just simply offering bulk 9mm in hand to locals at market value. Wow its getting old saying that lol. I don't want anyone's departure, this ad has turned into a discussion board for no reason. I can only imagine what would be happening if someone with a username in italics, bold, or rainbow had this happening in their ad. Since you and your admin love to discuss things should I go make an "off topic discussion" thread?

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    This is getting to be as good as Dave_M's thread on your budget ar is not as good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just took a quick look and seems rather interesting. Looks like he started a great comparison post and I'll check it out later. Only glaring differences I see is that he openly wanted a debate (as discussions go) opposed to just trying to sell some ammo:mamoru:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Weird, I don't remember saying mods and admins shouldn't be allowed to participate in discussion. I think you may be referring to me questioning why the admin decided himself that anyone wanted to hear his $.02 on the ammo he uses and when he bought it, on an member's ad.

No, I was not referring to him not sharing his thoughts on the ammo. I was reffering to the previous post where you suggested he stick to his role and continue doing administrator things.

Should you stick to your role and not share your "stance" on ad's and continue doing administrator things? Maybe. Maybe yes.

-------

I thought these were ads, not discussions. I guess people believe the following: if you see an ad of something you need, click on it, if you want to make an offer or purchase you would then use the necessary contact information. If you see an ad that you have no interest in, then why even click, keep scrolling. If you're bored enough to click on ad you have no purpose for then maybe take yourself to the discussion or watch some knitting tutorials on youtube to pass time.

As mods and admin, we're supposed to review all of the ads, even the ones we have no interest in. In this case, one decided to make sure users aren't being taken advantage of, which is kinda part of the admin thing.

I am actually providing no service, just simply offering bulk 9mm in hand to locals at market value. Wow its getting old saying that lol.

I know. It is getting old. But if you say it a few more times, it might become true.

I don't want anyone's departure, this ad has turned into a discussion board for no reason. I can only imagine what would be happening if someone with a username in italics, bold, or rainbow had this happening in their ad. Since you and your admin love to discuss things should I go make an "off topic discussion" thread?

It hasn't turned into a discussion board. It's been a discussion board for a while. You're welcome to make whatever thread you would like to make.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    No, I was not referring to him not sharing his thoughts on the ammo. I was reffering to the previous post where you suggested he stick to his role and continue doing administrator things.

-------

As mods and admin, we're supposed to review all of the ads, even the ones we have no interest in. In this case, one decided to make sure users aren't being taken advantage of, which is kinda part of the admin thing.

I know. It is getting old. But if you say it a few more times, it might become true.

It hasn't turned into a discussion board. It's been a discussion board for a while. You're welcome to make whatever thread you would like to make.

So you're saying this is reviewing? Does the website explode when you conclude haha? This is a little much for a review. You keep saying there are roles, jobs, duties whatever that follow the rare special character people, when all I see is bored keyboard typing. You see I actually made the threads I want already, ads. You have left my PM ignored for hours now, instead using my ad as a discussion, same with the Austin admin. I gather that your roles are to keep scammers away and make sure your members achieve pricing that satisfies their wallet. But the allowable pricing with no trolling from the special people is decided by the special people themselves?. Austin left me unanswered on how I should achieve drawing up the price that would be allowed on this utopian website. So, special character man, how should I figure my price?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So you're saying this is reviewing? Does the website explode when you conclude haha? This is a little much for a review. You keep saying there are roles, jobs, duties whatever that follow the rare special character people, when all I see is bored keyboard typing. You see I actually made the threads I want already, ads. You have left my PM ignored for hours now, instead using my ad as a discussion, same with the Austin admin. I gather that your roles are to keep scammers away and make sure your members achieve pricing that satisfies their wallet. But the allowable pricing with no trolling from the special people is decided by the special people themselves?. Austin left me unanswered on how I should achieve drawing up the price that would be allowed on this utopian website. So, special character man, how should I figure my price?

What are you talking about? Who are these special character people? Did you recently have any dental work done or maybe broken a bone or something? You're spouting some random stuff like you've taken some good meds.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    What are you talking about? Who are these special character people? Did you recently have any dental work done or maybe broken a bone or something? You're spouting some random stuff like you've taken some good meds.

I see you have Italics and a nice font and others have colors. That’s pretty rude to assume such things. I don’t think health is too comical, I would expect much more professionalism from a moderator and someone from ‘72. I still have 2 boxes available if you’re interested. PM me!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I see you have Italics and a nice font and others have colors. That’s pretty rude to assume such things. I don’t think health is too comical, I would expect much more professionalism from a moderator and someone from ‘72. I still have 2 boxes available if you’re interested. PM me!

So you want everyone to be professional...except yourself...? If someone acts like a child, they can be treated like a child. I don't think either of us have been nearly as unprofessional as you. We haven't made up names or titles for you.

As for your comment earlier about us trolling, I'm not even sure how to address that as no one has been trolling in this post.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    So you want everyone to be professional...except yourself...? If someone acts like a child, they can be treated like a child. I don't think either of us have been nearly as unprofessional as you. We haven't made up names or titles for you.

As for your comment earlier about us trolling, I'm not even sure how to address that as no one has been trolling in this post.

Says the one with his fake offers. I’m sorry if I’ve acted unprofessional in this onslaught I’ve received from an ad.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Says the one with his fake offers. I’m sorry if I’ve acted unprofessional in this onslaught I’ve received from an ad.

The offer wasn't exactly fake - I just knew/wagered you wouldn't accept it. If you'd like to sell me your remaining 1000 rounds for $150, I'd still be willing to take them off your hands.

I think we have adequately gone around in a circle a few times now and I'm okay letting this discussion die, unless you'd like to keep going on about the Italic people.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    The offer wasn't exactly fake - I just knew/wagered you wouldn't accept it. If you'd like to sell me your remaining 1000 rounds for $150, I'd still be willing to take them off your hands.

I think we have adequately gone around in a circle a few times now and I'm okay letting this discussion die, unless you'd like to keep going on about the Italic people.

Well I see you didn’t make the cut for italicized people. You will remain as rainbow people.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom