Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3121314 LastLast
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    To clarify, I have no dog in this fight, I'm just curious why you (rcourv7) and 7.62 are using the same phone number (among other numbers).
    Hey, It's not uncommon for a good salesman to kinda spread the love so to speak....
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    To clarify, I have no dog in this fight, I'm just curious why you (rcourv7) and 7.62 are using the same phone number (among other numbers).
    He made my marlin post. I was only used to sportsman’s drag and drop pictures. I kept trying to use the URL picture link. You can I see I learned how to post my pictures after the eotech. Also my profile pic is a joke, I’d never rubber band PVS7s when they sell 31s.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Spanky is still around. I was just chatting with him last week, actually. What has changed that you'd like to see changed back? We all work to help keep this place running for free and we do our best. I'm always open to suggestions though.

If anything, moderation has gotten much more lax. There are a few thousand banned users from back then. Aside from true spammers (think guys in India), I can count on one hand how many people we have banned this year.

Occasionally people say the site has changed so much - I truly would like to know how. We can't fix things unless people have honest discourse with us.

Feel to drop me a PM if you'd like.
    meh, ive been on here a while, sold and bought a bunch of stuff.
    seen alot of shit shows.
    its not the forum that has changed, so much as the members. people leave, take breaks, new people join, new mods come and go, new rules are passed and removed.
    im on ALOT of forums, and they all have the same cycle, nothing new or special.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by troy_mclure View Post
    meh, ive been on here a while, sold and bought a bunch of stuff.
    seen alot of shit shows.
    its not the forum that has changed, so much as the members. people leave, take breaks, new people join, new mods come and go, new rules are passed and removed.
    im on ALOT of forums, and they all have the same cycle, nothing new or special.
    Yup, the entire industry has had a major shift. Most of the guys who "know stuff" hang out in FB groups that are not joinable like a public forum is. Forums have shifted more towards discussion boards and marketplaces whereas decent content generation has moved elsewhere (Facebook, YouTube, and in some cases blogs).

I'm still all ears for things we can do better, though.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I’m prolly the only one who thinks a good start would be to avoid threads like this.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I’m prolly the only one who thinks a good start would be to avoid threads like this.
    Noted.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Marksman

User Info Menu

2 Packs Remaining

User Info Menu

i just got 500 of the same for 100 -way over priced

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Yup, the entire industry has had a major shift. Most of the guys who "know stuff" hang out in FB groups that are not joinable like a public forum is. Forums have shifted more towards discussion boards and marketplaces whereas decent content generation has moved elsewhere (Facebook, YouTube, and in some cases blogs).

I'm still all ears for things we can do better, though.
    Got any good groups to suggest? Thanks

User Info Menu

Personally, I have found this quite entertaining.