WTS: 9mm 500 round packs | Winchester 115 Grain FMJ

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    It’s closer to + $40. And they will deliver to your door. The corporate hassle is less than the hassle of going and picking it up in this pandemic.

That would be using the assumption your time is worth less than mine and you like to wait. Following my personal opinion on value of time and such, since we all love opinions here, I have my additional cost at $20.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That would be using the assumption your time is worth less than mine and you like to wait. Following my personal opinion on value of time and such, since we all love opinions here, I have my additional cost at $20.

But the additional cost is $43, assuming a 10% tax rate based on the regular price. That's not subject to personal opinion. Just be honest. You initially claimed to me your price was the original purchase price ("because my price has remained from the original purchaser"). When I tried to help you out and I suggested you consider posting the receipt to show that you weren't trying to take advantage of the current situation, you got all defensive.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Wow. He has the right to put any price on it that he wants. If you don't like it, move the hell on.

This site sucks and I would like my profile deleted. Please have it done.

And anyone has the right to call him out for his price or to make an offer that is lower than his price, which a few of us have done.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wow. He has the right to put any price on it that he wants. If you don't like it, move the hell on.

This site sucks and I would like my profile deleted. Please have it done.

This site is a private entity. Rights don't come into play here. That being said, he has listed it at whatever price he wants.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    But the additional cost is $43, assuming a 10% tax rate based on the regular price. That's not subject to personal opinion. Just be honest. You initially claimed to me your price was the original purchase price ("because my price has remained from the original purchaser"). When I tried to help you out and I suggested you consider posting the receipt to show that you weren't trying to take advantage of the current situation, you got all defensive.

Im in line with the "rules" already, I've got my account, my picture of items, my price, my contact information and all else, why should I post something you'd like to see? I'll share my supplies in demand but theres no need to lose money. My initial claim still stands valid that I paid the original purchase price. You seem to really enjoy the ad for someone with no interest in the ad.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Im in line with the "rules" already, I've got my account, my picture of items, my price, my contact information and all else, why should I post something you'd like to see? I'll share my supplies in demand but theres no need to lose money. My initial claim still stands valid that I paid the original purchase price. You seem to really enjoy the ad for someone with no interest in the ad.

The forum is a discussion board with a marketplace attached. Users, including site staff, are welcome to discuss ads as well as all posts, so long as doing so within the forum rules.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    And anyone has the right to call him out for his price or to make an offer that is lower than his price, which a few of us have done.

You're only argument is to shoot CCI Blazer instead which is:

-Comical
    -Trash
    -conflict of interest to my specific ammo

therefore, your comments carry no weight to my ad or anyone else. You should be fined for even shooting CCI Blazer. As perez says, apples to apples.

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I must admit, I'm the one who started this mob scene suggested he injected his ammo with frog poison selling for this ridiculous price. I've been following with great laughter! But here's what started this. On another thread, this same gentlemen is selling a discontinue Eotech (you guess it) another high price. After a few bumb with no taker, he finally came down to $400 obo, which means "or best offer". At least that's what I think it means. I PM'ed this person offered him $300 since it's a discontinued item. His reply to me was he'll accept "$420". So I'm asking myself how is $400obo turns into $420. The bottom line is, this person join this site
    to price gouge its members. To make matters worst, instead of letting it die, he keeps replying to all the comments. So Tar and Feather Him!!!!!

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    I must admit, I'm the one who started this mob scene suggested he injected his ammo with frog poison selling for this ridiculous price. I've been following with great laughter! But here's what started this. On another thread, this same gentlemen is selling a discontinue Eotech (you guess it) another high price. After a few bumb with no taker, he finally came down to $400 obo, which means "or best offer". At least that's what I think it means. I PM'ed this person offered him $300 since it's a discontinued item. His reply to me was he'll accept "$420". So I'm asking myself how is $400obo turns into $420. The bottom line is, this person join this site
    to price gouge its members. To make matters worst, instead of letting it die, he keeps replying to all the comments. So Tar and Feather Him!!!!!

Price went to $400 from $450 since I couldn't find the original packaging after claiming I had it, I then relocated it and decided for $420 was reasonable, forgetting about the price drop. I then agreed to honor the $400 price to which you went silent and have now decided to bring it up into a post that doesn't pertain at all to your issue since I declined your lowball. So brave to try and expose me lol.

I also feel as though I should explain that price gouging is when a seller increases prices of a good/service much higher than considerate during supply and demand. So I ask, there can't be supply for a discontinued item. I am a touch confuses

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

There’s no should or shouldn’t post the receipt. You contacted me via pm and I simply offered a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    There’s no should or shouldn’t post the receipt. You contacted me via pm and I simply offered a suggestion.

Correct, I contacted you via pm to avoid unnecessary substance (anything other than info sharing on my specific ammo) in the comments. Here we are, in the replies talking about the PM I sent you. Ironic.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Correct, I contacted you via pm to avoid unnecessary substance (anything other than info sharing on my specific ammo) in the comments. Here we are, in the replies talking about the PM I sent you. Ironic.

There’s no irony. There were things you mentioned in the multiple pm’s that were relevant to things you publicly mentioned in here.

rcourv7

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 24, 2019
    Baton Rouge
    There’s no irony. There were things you mentioned in the multiple pm’s that were relevant to things you publicly mentioned in here.

The irony is asking you on PM how to regulate unnecessary posts. And now you are speaking about my PMs.

hoopstar789

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 15, 2017
    Slidell LA
    Ironic how I see overpriced stuff all the time on this site and the so called admins never comment or call people out, but AustinBR wants to buy something and offers less then what the OP is asking and gets worked up the guy doesn't want to go down in price. OP should be free to list his items whatever price is wants, or did the rules change for hijacking someone's listing cause I've been dinged for doing it in the past.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ironic how I see overpriced stuff all the time on this site and the so called admins never comment or call people out, but AustinBR wants to buy something and offers less then what the OP is asking and gets worked up the guy doesn't want to go down in price. OP should be free to list his items whatever price is wants, or did the rules change for hijacking someone's listing cause I've been dinged for doing it in the past.

I don't want to buy it. My offer was never intended to be accepted. Was that not obvious?

I normally PM people who post overpriced things and let them know it's overpriced. In this case someone responded to the thread commenting on it, so I just jumped into the conversation.

People can sell at whatever they want. But if you post a stupid high price you can expect to be called out, either publically or privately.

Also, selling something at a higher than normal or lower than normal price is a tactic of scammers (who don't actually have the product). Calling them out is something we as site staff do to figure out if someone is legit. I'd say 80% of the time, people don't realize that their item is materially misvalued. The rest of the time, they are normally scammers who don't respond and who are using VPNs trying to show a local IP address. On rare occasion do people try to defend their absurdly high prices.

Again, we do our part to protect our members and the greater shooting community. Sometimes it pisses people off. Unfortunately we can't please everyone, but we do our best. At the end of the day, this is a discussion board and we try to encourage polite discussion.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom