Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Everyone should pay close attention to this part:

What we learn from this incident? I think the takeaway is obvious and lessons can be applied by any responsible CCW holder.

Training pays off. If you have solid shooting skills on the range, they do not magically disappear when you have to use your weapon in a self-defense situation.
    Practice situational awareness. If Tori did not notice the attackers, the whole story could have been different.
    Carry your weapon at all times, even when it seems unnecessary.
    Practice to ID targets before engaging them, good target discrimination helped BJ to avoid legal issues.

Perhaps his incident will go down in history as an example of how a prepared citizen can defend himself and loved ones and how remarkable shooting skills can make a difference in a self-defense situation.
    This means, if you shoot regularly and/or proficiently by yourself, with your spouse, your kids, your friends; or partake in competitive shooting sports (USPSA, IDPA), or sit in your living room and dry fire at your TV, or all of the above; ahem; you can attain a skill set that is solid enough to defend yourself and your loved ones. Unless I missed it, it did not mention Mr. Baldwin taking lessons from a training expert (although his USPSA champion girlfriend is obviously no slouch on the range herself and may have taught him a few tricks)! And I am not against training with a so-called expert if that is your druthers. Just don't tell me I am less prepared because I don't!

As for the other bullet points, again; you can practice any of these and all of these at your own range, on your own time.

I will say, the number of rounds this guy says he shoots per range visit is off the chain! You would need some spare change in the bank to keep up with him.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Technically thats not a red dot unless of course you have a red/green colorblindness.
    Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post

This means, if you shoot regularly and/or proficiently by yourself, with your spouse, your kids, your friends; or partake in competitive shooting sports (USPSA, IDPA), or sit in your living room and dry fire at your TV, or all of the above; ahem; you can attain a skill set that is solid enough to defend yourself and your loved ones. Unless I missed it, it did not mention Mr. Baldwin taking lessons from a training expert (although his USPSA champion girlfriend is obviously no slouch on the range herself and may have taught him a few tricks)! And I am not against training with a so-called expert if that is your druthers. Just don't tell me I am less prepared because I don't!

As for the other bullet points, again; you can practice any of these and all of these at your own range, on your own time.

I will say, the number of rounds this guy says he shoots per range visit is off the chain! You would need some spare change in the bank to keep up with him.
    Yeah...I wonder if blindly shooting behind him while running away was part of his training regimen.

Seriously Misunderstood!

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Yeah...I wonder if blindly shooting behind him while running away was part of his training regimen.
    Wouldn't surprise me!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Professional Amateur

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Talking about picking the wrong people to mess with....
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

ďRemember the first rule of gunfighting... Ďhave a gun.í"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post

He has shot multiple times with Taran. I’m sure he’s picked up a few things.

Given how much he shoots, I wouldn’t doubt if he’s taken classes from multiple instructors.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Is there any specific aspect of the incident you'd like to discuss?
    I pointed out many points that go against what the general public choose to believe.

It completely disproves the 3 yards, 3 shots, 3 seconds idea as well as that red dots will get you killed. The shooting was at distances that most concealed carriers donít practice. It was also during low/no light.

Marksman

User Info Menu

BJ Baldwin Shooting

From my little inquiry, it appears the shooting started closer than 15yards. It was a lit parking lot so the lighting should have been sufficient enough to shoot without a WML. His statement after the shooting said he saw the guy smiling while pointing a gun their direction. I believe the guy starred shooting at his girlfriend first as well. 100% hit ratio is quite impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    I pointed out many points that go against what the general public choose to believe.

It completely disproves the 3 yards, 3 shots, 3 seconds idea as well as that red dots will get you killed. The shooting was at distances that most concealed carriers donít practice. It was also during low/no light.
    Red dots are great if you practice a lot with them. They are not for me because Iím not willing to put the time in to break 20+ years of habits lol. Maybe in time I will be willing to but not at the moment

Censored by "them"

On Target

User Info Menu

Geez 4000 rds every time at the range. And he goes every other day. In the past 2 years I shot 10rds for ccw

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Red dots are great if you practice a lot with them. They are not for me because I’m not willing to put the time in to break 20+ years of habits lol. Maybe in time I will be willing to but not at the moment

I’m too old to change now. Hell..I don’t need a fiber optic front sight, I need Braille on it.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim