SKYY

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I've never shot a SCCY, but I've heard very mixed reviews. If you're looking for a pocket .380 you may want to consider the Remington RM380. I carry one when my attire doesn't allow anything else but pocket carry and I love it. Long double-action only trigger but it's nice and smooth. All metal frame so recoil is extremely light. I've never had a single issue whatsoever with it. Another option would be the Sig P290RS. They come in .380 or 9mm. Small enough for pocket carry, but much heavier than the RM380. Sell that SCCY and never look back.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I am looking at size comparisons, and the sccy 380 appears to be one of the larger 380 guns, which usually means that they are easier to handle and shoot, compared to the pocket sized smaller guns. However I am not familiar with it and have not handled or shot one. It does appear to be a locked breech gun, so it should be softer shooting than a blowback 380. However the frame shape and design may not be all that great.

I do agree that the glock 42 would be a better, albeit more expensive choice. I have one, and it is a very smooth shooting gun, and given its weight, it is softer shooting that a comparable micro 9mm (of course, 380 has less power so it should be softer).

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I had a Keltec P11 a while back similar dimensions, not too much recoil.

My AMT backup all metal pistol had more kick, in a 380

If you are looking for a 380, my top 3 I have had experience with

Kahr CW 380 - love the trigger, very small & easy to conceal
    Glock 42 - It’s a glock, the most expensive of the 3. James here in your thread currently has a new one for sale, priced right. He is in Walker
    Bersa 380 - A DA/SA model is available in the plus as well to hold 15 rounds if you want more Ammo

I didn’t find any of the 3 to have too much of a kick.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ve shot the same SCCY pistol and it was a piece of junk. Sell it and be thankful for whatever you get for it.

The Glock 42 is a superb .380. Any subcompact .380 is going to be punchy, but I find the G42 entirely manageable and surprisingly accurate. I also really like the stock Glock sights and trigger, so the gun out-of-the-box is just about perfect in my mind.

Mike

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Almost every SCCY and firearm of that size will take more effort to control, even when it is chambered in a smaller caliber.

Take a class and select a more reliable firearm for carry. If it's not for carry, I don't know why anyone would buy a SCCY.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom