Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SpaceX

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

SpaceX

Anyone else watching the live coverage of the pre-launch SpaceX stuff? They just gave the go-ahead to launch today, as long as all conditions remain ideal. Liftoff should be at 3:33 pm our time.
    Formerly known as "Stephen WhoDat"
    God Bless Our Troops!

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

SpaceX

Iím watching live. President is just arriving and things look like they are still a go though some nearby weather.

To me it is a big day and a chance to prove once again the importance of our country continuing and accelerating endeavors into space. It pays dividends in so many ways not only to forward spin off technologies, harness the power of freedom through public/private partnerships, but also a big part of making America great again. Exploration is part of our DNA as a people.

Itís a welcome sign that DNA has not only survived but flourished despite the naysayers and those who would deny it.

Hope it goes well and reignites that spark we once had and could have again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tallwalker; May 27th, 2020 at 01:47 PM.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tallwalker View Post
    I’m watching live. President is just arriving and things look like they are still a go though some nearby weather.

To me it is a big day and a chance to prove once again the importance of our country continuing and accelerating endeavors into space. It pays dividends in so many ways not only to forward spin off technologies, harness the power of freedom through public/private partnerships, but also a big part of making America great again. Exploration is part of our DNA as a people.

It’s a welcome sign that DNA has not only survived but flourished despite the naysayers and those who would deny it.

Hope it goes well and reignites that spark we once had and could have again.

Well said, my friend! I'm very excited. Space exploration has fascinated me since I was a kid. Said some prayers for our brave Astronauts and hoping all goes as planned.
    God Bless Our Troops!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Definitely a lot *riding* on the success of this new system. Praying it all goes well. Still looks like something out of a video game. Not my dad’s astronauts. Suits look like some Hollywood costume maker designed them.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Damn! No launch today... Called off due to weather. Launch now scheduled for Saturday.
    God Bless Our Troops!

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Really is odd looking in comparison to what we are used to isnít it! I remember watching Star Trek and wondering how they could wear regular clothes in space. Here we are...

The cockpit is all touch screen, there is a contained emergency escape eject making it the safest spacecraft ever built, and the components are reusable and software upgradeable. Remember the old line about the Apollo capsule having the computing power of a calculator. The Falcon rocket has 160 times the computing power of even the Space Shuttle!

The launch will be taking place on pad 39A. This is intentionally the same pad that sent us to the moon and also launched many shuttle missions along the way. Exciting times... Gene Cernan would be proud. He actually told me that he believed this day would come again. He was right and I wish he was here to see it.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWhoDat View Post
    Damn! No launch today... Called off due to weather. Launch now scheduled for Saturday.
    Itís ok! It has been a long time coming. Saturday there will be more people watching and hopefully inspired. Iíll be pumped on whatever day they light that thing!

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Geneís comments when leaving the moon:

ďAs I take manís last step from the surface, back home for some time to come Ė but we believe not too long into the future Ė Iíd like to just say what I believe history will record: that Americaís challenge of today has forged manís destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the moon at Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17.Ē

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tallwalker View Post
    Gene’s comments when leaving the moon:
    *As I take man’s last step from the surface, back home for some time to come – but we believe not too long into the future – I’d like to just say what I believe history will record: that America’s challenge of today has forged man’s destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the moon at Taurus-Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17.*
    Awesome. This is all so exciting! Launch party at my place on Saturday!
    God Bless Our Troops!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I was watching it stream on YouTube while on a conference call. The call went over so I muted it and turned on the volume for the live feed just in time to hear they scrubbed it at t -16:00 something. I even got my wife watching it downstairs can't wait for Saturday to see if they can light that bangstick.

I really hope it goes off without a hitch and proves that we don't need to spend billions of dollars to send people to space safely.

Boeing Starliner 4.1 Billion+ seeing as they haven't even had a successful uncrewed launch test
    SpaceX 3.1 Billion and they are on the pad waiting for weather to launch a crewed module..... time to put old space on notice..... Looking at you SLS.