Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SpaceX

Marksman

User Info Menu

I just wish someone else was at the helm of SpaceX. Musk might be a visionary, but he is still frecking nuts. Look at what he just named his kid. Remember last year how he screwed the stock price of tesla by making a bad joke about 420.
    I remember watching the Gemini launches in school. That was a Big Deal, a TV in school. I hope most kids see this as a big deal & not cgi scify.
    I am so glad to see us back in space on our rocket, not on a Russian rocket.
    Tallwalker, how did you meet Gene Cerman?

I will give you my Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle when you Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands
    Your Political Correctness is an Attack on my Free Speech

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

SpaceX

Quote Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
    I just wish someone else was at the helm of SpaceX. Musk might be a visionary, but he is still frecking nuts. Look at what he just named his kid. Remember last year how he screwed the stock price of tesla by making a bad joke about 420.
    I remember watching the Gemini launches in school. That was a Big Deal, a TV in school. I hope most kids see this as a big deal & not cgi scify.
    I dont know... visionary and kook seem to sometimes go hand in hand. I saw that we were paying the Russians 86 million a trip to hitch a ride. Dont know if that is correct but has to be a better use of capital to invest in ourselves.

I met Gene at a wedding I attended some years ago. Got a chance to talk with him for a few minutes and was impressed with how humble of a guy he really was. He said we are just a speck an awful lot. I guess from his perspective he was in a position to know. Very disappointed that we had not returned to the space program in any meaningful way too. Im not one that admires celebrity by any means, but he became an exception to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tallwalker; May 28th, 2020 at 07:56 AM.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
    A lot of times being "freaking nuts" turns into "visionary"

I'm a fan of Musk and of Teslas and SpaceX. We don't have too many people who are willing to stand up for what they believe in and he definitely is one of those. His handling of the SEC and even of the COVID lockdown were both bold and hilarious.

I don't own a Tesla, but whenever battery technology improves I'd certainly consider one.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Marksman

User Info Menu

Elon does seem to channel the Mad Hatter quite a bit but damn the guy does things that no one thought possible and now it seems common place. I mean who thought we coudl bring the first stage of a rocket back to earth for re-use and now it is just another thing they do at SpaceX. I am also hoping that Starlink kicks land-based ISPs in the balls and makes them rethink their shit business decisions.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    Elon does seem to channel the Mad Hatter quite a bit but damn the guy does things that no one thought possible and now it seems common place. I mean who thought we coudl bring the first stage of a rocket back to earth for re-use and now it is just another thing they do at SpaceX. I am also hoping that Starlink kicks land-based ISPs in the balls and makes them rethink their shit business decisions.
    Agreed!

I'm ready for them to form StarFleet
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Buy/Sell:

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Regardless off all that jargon, I’m just fired up to see this new era of U.S. Space Exploration. I think we can all agree that it is very exciting. I’ll be watching at home with my girl, the animals, and some good bourbon on Saturday. Where will y’all be watching history?
    Formerly known as "Stephen WhoDat"
    God Bless Our Troops!

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWhoDat View Post
    Regardless off all that jargon, I’m just fired up to see this new era of U.S. Space Exploration. I think we can all agree that it is very exciting. I’ll be watching at home with my girl, the animals, and some good bourbon on Saturday. Where will y’all be watching history?
    Agreed, super excited!

@Dave/Bangswitch - Let's move the Tesla/Battery discussion to a separate thread...one of you can start it. I think this could be a good discussion.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Buy/Sell:

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

If you haven't seen it, below are some links to an inside view of the Dragon capsule. The next is a tour of the new space suite. When you guys said it looks like it came from Hollywood... it did! The guy in the video is obnoxious but it does give some close up views and info about the suit itself.

"The spacesuit was designed by Hollywood costume designer Jose Fernandez, who created the superhero costumes for Wonder Woman, Wolverine and Captain America: Civil War."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQX3zcpOojQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYUKJ1fE9Dg

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hope weather holds up!

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Watching on the NASA channel so that I dont have to listen to the talking heads. Sounds hopeful so far...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk