Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4131415 LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Nope but I have a pretty good understanding of electricity. I was raised by a master electrician and he taught me a lot when I wasn’t fetching him parts or tools. I’ve been in and around the construction industry my entire life. Yes I can reconcile a checking account, audit, and make financial decisions but I can also wire a house build custom DC wiring harnesses and troubleshoot a fair amount of problems. I have no idea how you can safely transmit large amounts of electricity into the earth when the earth isn’t the ‘ground’ in a DC circuit. I’ll gladly let you tell me if you know.
    Do Master Electricians know much about cars?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Do Master Electricians know much about cars?
    Depends on your back ground. This one in particular spent the 80’s and early 90’s flying all over the country as well as Mexico and Canada working as a contractor for Delphi. He also spent a decade working maintenance on robotics. So yeah he’s the real deal.

When they sold the house I grew up in I was helping clean out his shop. I ran across a box with tons of Allen Bradley parts he explained back in the late 70’s he basically made an alarm system using relays and switches instead of a circuit board.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; May 29th, 2020 at 09:29 PM.

Bayou Photo Shooter

User Info Menu

Anyone in the BR area is welcome to test drive mine. You all haven’t even argued over the autopilot feature yet. I use autopilot on the highway 99% of the time.
    IATSE Local 600 Camera Operator

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aroundlsu View Post
    Anyone in the BR area is welcome to test drive mine. You all haven’t even argued over the autopilot feature yet. I use autopilot on the highway 99% of the time.
    I will 100% hit you up on that the next time I'm in town. What does yours do 0 - 60 in?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Who cares about autopilot when you’re apparently gonna explode!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I’m not familiar with it. But in this day and age a Honda Accord can nearly drive itself so while I’m not ready to trust my life to that sort of tech most manufacturers are dabbling in bits and pieces of that world, and it’s a great safety measure for a fully conscious driver to utilize.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; May 29th, 2020 at 09:43 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Who cares about autopilot when you’re apparently gonna explode!

Bayou Photo Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    I will 100% hit you up on that the next time I'm in town. What does yours do 0 - 60 in?
    I didn't get the performance model (next time!) so mine does 0-60 in only like 4.5.
    IATSE Local 600 Camera Operator

Marksman

User Info Menu

I didn't get the performance model (next time!) so mine does 0-60 in only like 4.5.
    In perspective a newer 5.0 mustang is in the neighborhood of 3.9 so 4.5 isn’t anything to be bashing unless you’re running around claiming it’s a rocket.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    In perspective a newer 5.0 mustang is in the neighborhood of 3.9 so 4.5 isn’t anything to be bashing unless you’re running around claiming it’s a rocket.
    The difference is Teslas are kind of cool.

Mustangs are only good for busting up curbs