Riots of 2020

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I asked a question on what you believed they should do. Asking me if it’s too difficult to understand invalidates any chance of having a civil discussion if your first reaction is to think anyone questioning you is stupid.

Considering that protesters are rioters outnumber law enforcement 20:1, if not more, it would be highly impractical for them to attempt to arrest each individual that is breaking a law. It also puts LEO at greater risk. This is why riot gear and large groups are used to control the crowds. The difficulty with identifying individuals is that the vast majority are wearing face coverings to hide their identity.

I didn't say you were stupid, Dave, maybe you watch a different news channel than I do.. MOst of the ones I see on TV are not even smart enough to cover their face, but they only stealing half of what they could cause they holding their pants up with their other hand

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I didn't say you were stupid, Dave, maybe you watch a different news channel than I do.. MOst of the ones I see on TV are not even smart enough to cover their face, but they only stealing half of what they could cause they holding their pants up with their other hand

Would you rather manpower be used to find criminals that you see on news footage or manpower be used to stop criminals that are in the vicinity of LEO on patrol?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Plenty of blame to go around. Surely looked like murder/manslaughter of the perp. rioting and looting ensued. Two wrongs don’t make a right. The police only have so much man power and resources.

Now I’m not saying the police should let it burn, but I’m not advocating going down a residential area and shooting riot rounds at residents standing on their own front porch either.

Rock and a hard place currently for LE, I will be praying for them during these trying times.

Last edited:

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    What about the behavior of your authority.

I do not condone what these barbarians are doing and it needs to stop they are taking advantage of a crisis which seems to be common lately but let's not forget who started this mess

Allow them to keep pecking away at your rights for the sake of property and safety and you will no longer have rights nor property, nor safety.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    What about the behavior of your authority.

I do not condone what these barbarians are doing and it needs to stop they are taking advantage of a crisis which seems to be common lately but let's not forget who started this mess

Allow them to keep pecking away at your rights for the sake of property and safety and you will no longer have rights nor property, nor safety.

I recall that George started this by passing conterfiet money at a store.. What rights are being pecked at?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The problem is, both sides are acting irresponsibly. And when that happens, it's easy to finger point and blame the other side, without accepting responsibility for one's own culpability.

It also makes us forget that there are a lot of great people in this country—some of whom are protesting, and some of whom are wearing the badge and actually serving and protecting the people. Let's not forget about them, because of the violent actions of a few.

Mike
    Well said. A lot of change needs to take place. I think this is a good time to start. Retaliation on people that were not involved is wrong. I think when it’s said and done, bad cops pay for their crimes and people see that they don’t get away with murder as the media would have you believe, maybe they’ll calm down. Also, hopefully all LEO’s who speak of the bad apples will decide to neither be one nor cover for one. If they don’t want to be counted among the bad cops they’re gonna have to start policing their own. If the actions of my coworkers put me in the position of having a target painted on my back, you can bet I’d be separating myself from them.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I recall that George started this by passing conterfiet money at a store.. What rights are being pecked at?
    A call was made because a cashier suspected him of trying to pass off a counterfeit $20 bill. Then he died. I’m wondering how much of his death he was directly responsible for. The video doesn’t tell the whole story, but there were witnesses, so hopefully the entire story will come out and we will know the truth.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not this... #nothelping

https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/05/31/smart-policing/

ETA have not verified the vid anywhere else. Assuming it’s legit.
    That’s the most disturbing thing I’ve seen in a while. I meant to say the most stupid thing I’ve seen in a while. Hopefully they abandon that level of stupidity before they start a war.
    I don’t think gun owners being shot at will be returning fire with rubber bullets either.

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    So, if the police are called out and say that you are being detained because (entire crime here) and you say, No officer, FU, I'm NOT going to comply and ensue a fight with the officer and 3 other LEO's.....and you die, well too bad for you. It isn't like the LEO pulled his duty weapon and put 2 to the chest and 1 to the head. There was a scuffle with this guy because he wouldn't comply. To me whatever happens after non-compliance is the fault of the perp IF it wasn't intentional lethal force.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I swapped the 3913 for a 6906 as it fits the same holster. Swapped the ammo for brand new ammo in both mags. Did the same in the bug. And loaded 3 mags for the rifle. And brought the rifle (AR) with me.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I swapped the 3913 for a 6906 as it fits the same holster. Swapped the ammo for brand new ammo in both mags. Did the same in the bug. And loaded 3 mags for the rifle. And brought the rifle (AR) with me.

What are you planning to do?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Have ya'll actually watched the protests? It is majority peaceful protesters with outliers looting. Protesters were snitching on anyone getting out of line, hell they detained one person and turned them over in one city.

If the four cops who murdered Floyd would have been arrested in a timely manner things would be different.

If you watch the events with open eyes, a lot of the violence is coming from and is a response to police action.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...-8qP5_NOvJYzx_6Qh1-WISWqPtpjmz5z4D9PH9lctNx40

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I’m sick at my stomach over all this. It’s really sickening this is what we have come to in this country.

I blame the interwebs. And Al Gore.

Too much information, too fast, to too many people. If Lemmings had Facebook and Twitter they’d be extent by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom