Riots of 2020

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Unfortunately all you really have is just hope it doesn't happen.

Thankfully JPSO did not allow protesters onto the overhead on several occasions. There was some in the roadway BS on the surface streets but not for too long.

Problem is I live in Orleans Parish! They will just let it happen like they shut down the crescent city connection from 6pm-11pm and the police just stood there the whole time, finally using gas and rubber bullets late in the evening when the protestors showed they wanted more than just "free speech"

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    For every incident of protesters attacking people in their cars, it’ll be easier to get away with stomping the accelerator to save your life and your passengers. Once a few of these monsters eat the pavement and wear some tire tracks they’ll stop messing with innocent people trying to drive down the street. Like I said before, they’ll move.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Folks, my brothers in arms knocked & identified themselves three (3) times prior to entering & nobody was in bed at the time of the unfortunate incident.

I don’t agree with the actions taken by some that blindly fired into the dark & didn’t hit a single target, but those that were able to identify a threat & neutralize the situation under the circumstances, I stand by.

For the untrained, never fire unless you know where the projectile will stop. If you don’t have a warm & fuzzy, don’t ever pull the trigger, because you cannot take it back.

Never, never try to gain fire superiority with a handgun.
    Handguns don’t peanut butter, peanut butter & jam.

Wait till the actual audio & data is provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    My sister is in Portland right now on vacation (I Know WTF?) and she said all the businesses downtown are boarded up or have HUGE BLM signs on it. So it seems as though the boarded up ones have graffiti all over it, and the BLM signs are like the "blood over the door" for Passover. Crazy. Says there are Tents all over the side walks b/c the weather is nice, and as she was making her way to the hotel, she said people looked like they were just congregating at the courthouse that they are trying to burn down.

Hardtack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    New Orleans
    I’m curious, what steps can we take legally when stuck on a street or highway by protestors? Do we just have to allow them to beat on our cars and block us from getting home? Obviously showing them a gun is a poor idea. If someone breaks my window out, can I do something. It’s mob mentality, if I even try they out number me.

Is there an industrial strength pepper spray/bomb that I can deploy to clear the area?
    According to the Minneapolis police (thank God I don’t live there), you should do as the criminals say and prepare to be robbed. Insanity. Fortunately we don’t have riots here in New Orleans, yet.

Hardtack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 1, 2020
    New Orleans
    [FONT=&quot]Here’s the law on justifiable use of force:

§19. Use of force or violence in defense[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A.(1) The use of force or violence upon the person of another is justifiable under either of the following circumstances:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](a) When committed for the purpose of preventing a forcible offense against the person or a forcible offense or trespass against property in a person's lawful possession, provided that the force or violence used must be reasonable and apparently necessary to prevent such offense.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](b)(i) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person using the force or violence reasonably believes that the use of force or violence is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](ii) The provisions of this Paragraph shall not apply when the person using the force or violence is engaged, at the time of the use of force or violence in the acquisition of, the distribution of, or possession of, with intent to distribute a controlled dangerous substance in violation of the provisions of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](2) The provisions of Paragraph (1) of this Section shall not apply where the force or violence results in a homicide.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]B. For the purposes of this Section, there shall be a presumption that a person lawfully inside a dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle held a reasonable belief that the use of force or violence was necessary to prevent unlawful entry thereto, or to compel an unlawful intruder to leave the premises or motor vehicle, if both of the following occur:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](1) The person against whom the force or violence was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcibly entering or had unlawfully and forcibly entered the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](2) The person who used force or violence knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry was occurring or had occurred.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]C. A person who is not engaged in unlawful activity and who is in a place where he or she has a right to be shall have no duty to retreat before using force or violence as provided for in this Section and may stand his or her ground and meet force with force.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]D. No finder of fact shall be permitted to consider the possibility of retreat as a factor in determining whether or not the person who used force or violence in defense of his person or property had a reasonable belief that force or violence was reasonable and apparently necessary to prevent a forcible offense or to prevent the unlawful entry.[/FONT]

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    [FONT="]Here’s the law on justifiable use of force:

§19. Use of force or violence in defense[/FONT]
    (2) The provisions of Paragraph (1) of this Section shall not apply where the force or violence results in a homicide....]

So, just do as the presumptive Democratic Presidential candidate says and shoot them in the legs?

You can shoot them, or repel boarders with violence if they try to enter your car, but not kill them as per this regulation, but there may be other regulations about justifiable homicide (carjacking?) that may come in play.

Best advice is avoid the trouble areas if possible, and if caught up in it by mistake, leave as quickly as possible even if you have to abandon your vehicle (cars are cheaper than lawyers), or safely violate a traffic law like an illegal U-turn. Striking a pedestrian with a car is such a great disparity of force that it's hard to justify in court or on the 6PM News, and you know the one you actually injure will be a 70 year old grandmother carrying a "God Loves You" sign.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    pics of said businesses:
    Places the had signs are left alone:
    ai2VZEu.jpg

OxPFoaK.jpg

places that didn't were vadalized: