Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9101120 ... LastLast

Thread: Riots of 2020

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

https://www.fox4news.com/news/mass-a...-dallas-bridge

Do these people have a right to block a bridge?

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krotsman View Post
    Pretty sure I am repeating myself from the Sterling thread in 2016, but 9.9 times out of 10, if you don't want any problems with the 5-oh, just.... Wait for it.... COMPLY. Works for all races, creeds, colors, genders 99.9% of the time. And the .01 time it doesn't, the LEO is probably just a dick (as there are dicks of all races, creeds, colors and genders) and was looking for someone to hassle/beat/kill anyway. Hopefully, he'll pay for it via the legal system if that's the case.

The only Golden Rule we really need in this world... Don't be a dick
    You’re gonna be called a bootlicker for using logic.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Pretty sure I am repeating myself from the Sterling thread in 2016, but 9.9 times out of 10, if you don't want any problems with the 5-oh, just.... Wait for it.... COMPLY. Works for all races, creeds, colors, genders 99.9% of the time. And the .01 time it doesn't, the LEO is probably just a dick (as there are dicks of all races, creeds, colors and genders) and was looking for someone to hassle/beat/kill anyway. Hopefully, he'll pay for it via the legal system if that's the case.

Walton & Johnson have been saying this for years. Comply... The New Drug to keep you safe.

I will give you my Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle when you Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands
    Your Political Correctness is an Attack on my Free Speech

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Walton & Johnson have been saying this for years. Comply... The New Drug to keep you safe.
    Exactly. If a group of cops in riot gear are telling me to go inside, why the hell would I want to stay outside and be more vulnerable to whatever is about to come - be it from them or from whatever they are going to? Setup a camera in the window, get a good video, crack open a beer, and relish in not being shot with a paintball lol.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    Cops are the government!!! Cops sign up to enforce the laws of the government, not to protect the people. You can't even get away with your "individual bad actor" bullshit, there were FOUR cops there, 3 kneeling on the murder victim, that is not an individual bad actor. Maybe they caught the only 4 bad cops in existence at one stop.
    Theyíre employees of the government. If you take my money and donít supply me with a holster, are leather craftsmen responsible, or are you responsible? If some kid working for McDonalds steals your TV, do you blame McDonalds? When AFFS took items on consignment, sold them, and didnít give people their money, was it the fault of gun dealers or of George Peterson? When Stephen Paddock shot up a concert in Las Vegas, was it the fault of gun owners? Why not?

We live in a society based on individual rights, responsibilities, and culpability. What they did was outside of their mandate, which is why Derek Chauvin will be judged by a jury if his peers.

And why are you inserting points that arenít there? Iíve never claimed that there wasnít more than one bad actor involved or that there arenít more bad actors out there. The point is, the actions of individuals who are evil, doesnít make the entire system evil. Itís pretty straight forward, if you didnít have such a raging erection to ferret out imagined bullshit, it wouldnít have flown right over your head.
    Last edited by Jack; June 2nd, 2020 at 06:38 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Lol yeah pretty much.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Eh, I would have worded it a bit differently, but this is correct.

I am not an advocate of boot-licking. I have absolutely no problem with police officers being held accountable to the strictest of standards, and officers that clearly and culpably step over that line should be punished to the full extent of the law. If that's how we treat the rest of the citizenry, then that's how we should also treat police officers.

But here's the catch: if an officer really and truly does step over the line, then it's going to be *far* easier to make the case in court after-the-fact, if the victim of police brutality didn't also escalate. The police operate under the auspices of having the monopoly on violence, and escalating with the police is only going to provoke more violence from them.

And the vast majority of police officers are really good people that want to do the right thing. I'm glad to see that a lot of police officers have stepped up and are marching in solidarity with the peaceful protestors. It's important that cases as egregious as this one get called out.

But the rioting and violence? That has as much to do with the death of George Floyd as does Chinese algebra.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    But the rioting and violence? That has as much to do with the death of George Floyd as does Chinese algebra.
    Yep! Oh, and let's not forget that there is money to be made and political gain to be had in turning a peaceful (non-newsworthy) protest into a violent riot.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    https://www.fox4news.com/news/mass-a...-dallas-bridge

Do these people have a right to block a bridge?
    Nope roads are for travel. I don’t recommend blocking roadways or remaining in the roadway in without proper barricades and detours.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I’m waiting for the traffic blocking arsonist to get hold of a abandoned 1/2 full tanker and get to work on it. It would be one hell of a show. I wonder if the tanker that ran through the wall of inhumanity was trying to avoid just that situation?
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim