Riots of 2020

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, if the police are called out and say that you are being detained because (entire crime here) and you say, No officer, FU, I'm NOT going to comply and ensue a fight with the officer and 3 other LEO's.....and you die, well too bad for you. It isn't like the LEO pulled his duty weapon and put 2 to the chest and 1 to the head. There was a scuffle with this guy because he wouldn't comply. To me whatever happens after non-compliance is the fault of the perp IF it wasn't intentional lethal force.
    But if you’re lying face down on the pavement in cuffs how much noncompliance can you actually commit and how long should you remain under the weight of 3 people? Oh wait, til you die. Never mind. I got it now.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    "If the four cops who murdered Floyd would have been arrested in a timely manner things would be different"
    How Dammed fast do You expect the city to react!!! After a LEO shooting there is an investigation. That doesn't happen over night. Collecting evidence, videos, statements from witnesses and an autopsies all takes time. Then you have lawers and police unions to deal with. In less than a week the bad cop was fired & arrested. The other 3 cops were fired as well.
    What more should Mini do to appeas the protesters? The mayor let them roam the streets and pulled back the cops. Didn't we see that in Baltimore? It didn't work then and it hasn't worked now. But somehow it's the cops fault all over the country! And you think it's alright to protest giving cover for protesters & rioters. This is the Lefts way to make Trump look bad before the election.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    "If the four cops who murdered Floyd would have been arrested in a timely manner things would be different"
    How Dammed fast do You expect the city to react!!! After a LEO shooting there is an investigation. That doesn't happen over night. Collecting evidence, videos, statements from witnesses and an autopsies all takes time. Then you have lawers and police unions to deal with. In less than a week the bad cop was fired & arrested. The other 3 cops were fired as well.
    What more should Mini do to appeas the protesters? The mayor let them roam the streets and pulled back the cops. Didn't we see that in Baltimore? It didn't work then and it hasn't worked now. But somehow it's the cops fault all over the country! And you think it's alright to protest giving cover for protesters & rioters. This is the Lefts way to make Trump look bad before the election.

They arrest regular citizens immediately and charge later.:dunno:

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    Anyone who actually gives a damn about George Floyd should remember
    that Antifa is delighted that he was murdered in such a heinous and
    gruesome fashion. This is not a protest; its an insurrection.
    In the midst of the pandemic, perfect timing.
    This insurrection was planned and in the can waiting for an incident
    such as this. Pallets of bricks were delivered to rioters in Dallas and the
    organizers told them where to find them. That wasn't spontaneous.
    In some cities, they were staging cars (without plates) containing Molotov Cocktails.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    In one neighborhood in Philly, neighbors came out to protect their local Target.
    During the live shot, they started chanting, "Four more years."

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think that there is a trend in this thread where people conflate the actions of an individual with the actions of government. If an individual bad actor conducts himself in a manner that the government then arrests him for, with broad sweeping agreement that he was in the wrong, it is a failure of an individual within government, not an indicator of the stance of government.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Know who your enemy is.

https://youtu.be/35Cr8BlPxU4

When the government is afraid of the people it's liberty
    When the people are afraid of the government it's tyranny.

The rioters are wrong but so was the police.

Looks to me they were all dressed up in their protest and riot attire getting ready to hit the streets. Do you wear a black hat, mask, and black hoodie to stand on the porch with the family

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesma...she-asked-them-to-stop-T3zIoDpXP0KESbOK2rkqDw

Awful...See the video. The husband that tried to come out and help his wife with a GOLF CLUB did not stand a chance. Of course, these people don’t have much for gun rights there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animals. Our country has fought off this type of animal so long in other people’s shitholes that we neglected the fact that we had a growing population here at home. If you act like an animal we should treat you like one. I no excuses given to anyone.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That lady was bold (and stupid) for attempting to stand her ground against four large dudes armed with heavy objects. Even if I'm armed and that's my shop, I am peacing the hell out.

Maybe I'm just old, but I remember when a fire hose, a hickory stick and a fur missile would resolve most of these types of incidents.

I wonder how the media would spin that story. It seems that many channels are justifying or seemingly justifying the looting/rioting. This whole stupid situation is just a lose-lose-lose. No one wins.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That lady was bold (and stupid) for attempting to stand her ground against four large dudes armed with heavy objects. Even if I'm armed and that's my shop, I am peacing the hell out.

I wonder how the media would spin that story. It seems that many channels are justifying or seemingly justifying the looting/rioting. This whole stupid situation is just a lose-lose-lose. No one wins.

I don’t want to sound like a snowflake but Stupid isn’t the word I would use. It wasn’t the smartest decision no doubt, and that wouldn’t be a tactic I would use but you aren’t talking about people who have spent time training and planning or likely even just thinking, ‘what should I do if...’. It’s like going and finding a remote villager and expecting him to read a book in English what was never even exposed to spoken English.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don’t want to sound like a snowflake but Stupid isn’t the word I would use. It wasn’t the smartest decision no doubt, and that wouldn’t be a tactic I would use but you aren’t talking about people who have spent time training and planning or likely even just thinking, ‘what should I do if...’. It’s like going and finding a remote villager and expecting him to read a book in English what was never even exposed to spoken English.

You aren't wrong. She was on the lower end of 'not smart.'

Standing ground against four guys with large pieces of wood and a ladder isn't smart.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You aren't wrong. She was on the lower end of 'not smart.'

Standing ground against four guys with large pieces of wood and a ladder isn't smart.

I’m quite comfortable with naive and ignorant. It quite sad the way these animals behaved.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Let me preface, I will stand up for these Minneapolis cops until they get their day in court! It's the way it HAS to be! If mob justice rules the day every time something looks criminal on a video, the Republic is doomed; and your safety will NEVER be assured!

On face value, this killing is seeming to me to look like a personal vendetta between the cop and the decedent. If the timeline is just slightly correct, than this cop is either insane or is a murderer; or both! But we will see!

And so, here we have a seemingly legitimate reason for not just the black community to be horrified, but all Americans. But instead of there being a unified front of Americans demanding justice what do we have? An immediate racial component of blame along racial lines drawn, race baiting by the media, riots and looting by predominately black Americans, along with cover and justification by the phony media, etc. Seems like the same play book as Ferguson lie, and the Alton Sterling farce!

Again, why is the death of this man at the hands of police an instantaneous delineation of; white cop kills black suspect? That is the question that needs to be answered. I have not wasted my time watching this crap all week and weekend, but would bet my last dollar I know who is fanning all of this hate and division. And I think all of you know too!

So, burn down your cities, destroy your neighbors businesses, and call for the killing of cops! That will solve all of your problems!

:rolleyes:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I’m quite comfortable with naive and ignorant. It quite sad the way these animals behaved.

I agree. It's unfortunate that her husband was only armed with a golf club. A higher escalation of force could have prevented her from having potentially serious injuries and going to the hospital.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom