Riots of 2020

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I keep reading curfew but I’m seeing a video that appears to be during evening hours, seems as though the sun is setting. Doesn’t appear to be anywhere near curfew hours. Also I noticed part of the team had already passed the house, apparently without incident.
    I think only one other member mentioned what I’ve been thinking all along and that’s the potential for actions like these to trigger a homeowner to return fire. True enough, that would be a stupid thing to do, but can anyone here say it would never happen? And who would you say caused it if it had happened in this case? Say what you want, but somewhere at the top of that department there’s a person in charge who is face palming every time they see that video and shaking their head in disbelief of the level of stupidity exhibited by those officers. Light ‘em up.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I can't believe that I'm posting this on the interwebs.

I would like to thank my Mayor, and Police Chief for their leadership during all of this.

Thank God that the NOPD has not done the stupid things other departments have been caught doing on video.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Explain.

The people on the porch were not breaking any law. You say that if they had just retreated inside for two minutes, their rights would not have been violated. If she had not dressed in a provocative manner, she would not have had her rights violated.
    Same same.
    It's blaming the victim, for in this case I assert that they were the victims of a crime perpetrated by men in a police uniform.

Is it your position that one has a duty to retreat when faced with an inequity? Is it your habit to back down from a bully? I hope not.

I know that it is not in my nature. I was raised on the writings of people like Henry David Thoreau. We stand for what is right, or nothing at all.

That is why I joined the Army. That is why I volunteered to go to war, and transferred to a unit that was mobilizing. I wanted to take a stand against tyranny. I wanted to stand aginst a bully.

In the Army, we learned from My Lai. We were taught, nay it was pounded into us, the concept of unlawful orders. We were instructed not to obey any order that was unlawful.

If the police lack that discipline, they should not hide behind kevlar and a shield, for that is not where their authority eminates from.

I had the honor of being a passenger on a ship flown by Mr.Thompson, Never had a chance for a sit-down

The last time,He was doing a re-qualification flight, May he rest in peace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Thompson_Jr.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Explain.

The people on the porch were not breaking any law. You say that if they had just retreated inside for two minutes, their rights would not have been violated. If she had not dressed in a provocative manner, she would not have had her rights violated.
    Same same.
    It's blaming the victim, for in this case I assert that they were the victims of a crime perpetrated by men in a police uniform.

Is it your position that one has a duty to retreat when faced with an inequity? Is it your habit to back down from a bully? I hope not.

I know that it is not in my nature. I was raised on the writings of people like Henry David Thoreau. We stand for what is right, or nothing at all.

That is why I joined the Army. That is why I volunteered to go to war, and transferred to a unit that was mobilizing. I wanted to take a stand against tyranny. I wanted to stand aginst a bully.

In the Army, we learned from My Lai. We were taught, nay it was pounded into us, the concept of unlawful orders. We were instructed not to obey any order that was unlawful.

If the police lack that discipline, they should not hide behind kevlar and a shield, for that is not where their authority eminates from.

I keep reading people blaming the police, yet the shooter was supposedly identified as a member of the National Guard.

It's my position to laugh at people for making stupid decisions and choosing to die on a hill that's not worth dying on.

If you want to die on the hill with them, go for it. There are other battles to be fought. Arguing over if it was legal for someone to stay on their porch during curfew is a mouse fart in a hurricane.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I keep reading curfew but I’m seeing a video that appears to be during evening hours, seems as though the sun is setting. Doesn’t appear to be anywhere near curfew hours. Also I noticed part of the team had already passed the house, apparently without incident.
    I think only one other member mentioned what I’ve been thinking all along and that’s the potential for actions like these to trigger a homeowner to return fire. True enough, that would be a stupid thing to do, but can anyone here say it would never happen? And who would you say caused it if it had happened in this case? Say what you want, but somewhere at the top of that department there’s a person in charge who is face palming every time they see that video and shaking their head in disbelief of the level of stupidity exhibited by those officers. Light ‘em up.

It's currently 7pm and still daylight.

The original curfew started at 8pm.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I had the honor of being a passenger on a ship flown by Mr.Thompson, Never had a chance for a sit-down

The last time,He was doing a re-qualification flight, May he rest in peace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Thompson_Jr.

I never had the honor to meet him, but I've heard his story a couple times.

He showed great courage. His opinions were not popular, but resulted in great change.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    one always has the opportunity to comply, bow down, obey, surrender, mind their own business and watch tyranny and excessive force take place in front of their home without saying a word. Doesn’t always mean they’re required to by law. None of his behavior warranted any of the wrongful actions of the swat team. They were acting outside of the law, he was not. Ultimately he was forced to comply and he did take it up with his attorney and the courts. I haven’t heard a judgement yet as I don’t believe there has been one, but if anyone’s taking bets my money is on the civilian.

Required vs smart aren’t mutually exclusive. I believe the tactic of continuing roll footage from a safe location would be my choice. If you really believe these officers are a danger to society it’s safer for you to get it all on film and from a safe place where you won’t be an object of their aggression.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Watching the news, and the protestors are walking on I10 in New Orleans, I' shocked b/c 99% of the protestors so far are white. And SKINNY? Let's be honest, thats not your typical New Orleans population.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Watching the news, and the protestors are walking on I10 in New Orleans, I' shocked b/c 99% of the protestors so far are white. And SKINNY? Let's be honest, thats not your typical New Orleans population.

I would be surprised if the majority was actually from New Orleans.

5ed6fafc89180.image.jpg

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    https://twitter.com/brynstole/status/1267969673494171656/photo/1

I just find it strange that the city I live in, with the type of protesting going on around the USA, this protest sticks out b/c it doesn't even reflect the make up of the city. The majority of the City of New Orleans is black at around 60%. Yet the make up of this march and "protest" is 99% white. Nothing wrong with white people making their voices heard, but it just doesn't fit the city. George Soros must not of done his homework before he sent his money this way.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    https://twitter.com/brynstole/status/1267969673494171656/photo/1

I just find it strange that the city I live in, with the type of protesting going on around the USA, this protest sticks out b/c it doesn't even reflect the make up of the city. The majority of the City of New Orleans is black at around 60%. Yet the make up of this march and "protest" is 99% white. Nothing wrong with white people making their voices heard, but it just doesn't fit the city. George Soros must not of done his homework before he sent his money this way.

Speaking with friends out of state and watching live streams, this seems to be common for all of the riots/protests.

A few of the live streams stated people overheard others talking about how they were in X city last night. People from Louisiana went to Virginia for the gun rally. This is directed at you, but as a general rule of thumb it's unwise to be so naive to think that all of the protesters are locals.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This sounds a lot like gun control to me. People shouldn’t exercise their freedoms because some bad actors take advantage of that freedom to do evil things.

Actually, it's not even close to that. I maintain they were "unwitting" accomplices. Their presence (in sheer numbers), provided cover for the criminals. In fact, they shut down the I-10 in N.O. last night for 3 hours, and the chief said they just let them do it, because his police were so outnumbered.

Besides, after the first night of rampant violence and indiscriminate thievery, they (The "peaceful" protesters), could have gone home and watched the news (if they were that oblivious while actually there on scene), and realize; "Hey, that was terrible, and has absolutely nothing to do with why I am out there! I am not going back out there!"

Instead, many went back out there again, night after night, same story unfolded each time.

On a side note; if these so called protestors really wanted "social change", they would vote in better people to govern them, but alas............

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    But again, they’re employing their right to protest, I don’t agree with blocking the interstates, but outside of that, was there anything that made New Orleans look like Baltimore last night? Should we stop exercising our rights because evil people take advantage?

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    But again, they’re employing their right to protest, I don’t agree with blocking the interstates, but outside of that, was there anything that made New Orleans look like Baltimore last night? Should we stop exercising our rights because evil people take advantage?

that brings a question up that i've been pondering and can't find a solid answer for online. When protestors/rioters are blocking the interstates and main hwy's, Are you legally required to stop for them? Personally I would think people fearing for their safety should/could find another route OR just "continue through"... I DO NOT want to start any kind of heated debates/arguments, I'm legitimately asking. I have no clue on how that works.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I would be surprised if the majority was actually from New Orleans.

5ed6fafc89180.image.jpg
    Yeah, it’s well known that protesters get bussed in for certain protests. I wouldn’t be surprised if these aren’t homegrown, but with protests going on all over why would they split forces and go to NOLA as opposed to Minneapolis or any other city local to them? Whatever the case, looks like a lot of protesters. People that think there’s no Antifa in NOLA may be in for a surprise one day. That Soros has a lot of money to throw around.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Again, I didn't say that.

As for blocking the Interstate system. No good comes from that peaceful or not. History was not kind to innocent white people stuck in black-oriented protests (that all started out "peaceful!" :rolleyes:). And, if you saw the animals trying to break into innocent commuters cars "stuck" in those "protests", then ultimately dragged out of them and beaten..........yeah; No!

If someone "exercising" their Constitutional Rights puts me in a position to defend myself stuck on an interstate, I would personally say; "My Right to not be impeded by ANY protest is WAYYYY more important than theirs."

I would not be thinking, "Oh, look; a peaceful protest on the Interstate. They are promoting freedom! I'll just hope my wife doesn't get too thirsty in her car waiting it out!"

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    that brings a question up that i've been pondering and can't find a solid answer for online. When protestors/rioters are blocking the interstates and main hwy's, Are you legally required to stop for them? Personally I would think people fearing for their safety should/could find another route OR just "continue through"... I DO NOT want to start any kind of heated debates/arguments, I'm legitimately asking. I have no clue on how that works.

As I stated, history is not kind to people innocently stuck in these when it involves predominately black crowds. Sorry black Americans, that is just the facts!

You won't get that definitive answer, either! That's the old, "you would have to do it to find out!", conundrum. Then you would see if this justice system of ours is fair! Of course, that is if you made it out alive!

However, I believe that if you did know the answer, and the answer was, "You do not have to be detained on the Interstate in demonstrations, particularly with the known history!" Those protestors may find other places to exercise their Rights!

Last edited:

jdd4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    Slaughter ,LA
    Deep South

[SUP]hi[/SUP]
    Protests have been peaceful, here in New Orleans. Strange how that doesn't make the national propaganda outlets.

Kinda strange. New Orleans might be the safest big City in the nation right now.

Looters and rioters know about Stand Your Ground.

Most of the arson and looting is being initiated by antifa.

An armed society is a peaceful society

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom