Riots of 2020

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I think the cop that was knealing on the neck was acting negligently for sure, and should be tried. But you also have to take into account, George Floyd had violent priors, was operating a motor vehicle under the influence(which is a far more deadly and insidious problem than police violence) as well trying to commint fraud and then resisting arrest. He also was in poor physical shape. All of those factors led to him having a heart attack caused by the brash and unprofessional officer. Now the Media have spun this, along with other stories, to make you think that cops just pick random black guys to victimize, and that any black guy is vulnerable to police brutality. But its just not true. The bad cop should be held accountable, but we have to look at the evidence and understand that if George Floyd hadn't been taking meth and phentanyl while behind the wheel of a vehicle and trying to commit fraud and had previously committed armed robbery, and was currently resisting arrest, he might be alive too! The lie is: George Floyd was murdered because he was black. The Truth is: George Floyd died in police custody because he was resisting arrest while on drugs and in poor physical health and the unprofessional officer was unable to properly handle the situation and his negligence appears to have resulted in the George Floyd's death. APPEARS. We don't know 100% yet, we have to see how the autopsies shake out in court. My point is, there were many many factors here, and its not as simple as "racist white cop victimizes innocent black man".

Last edited:

alecgreen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Yeah and the President of America is talking of putting US soldiers on American streets. This goes against the core values, not to mention the mission statement of the NRA and we haven't heard a word from them. Neither have they contacted the WH to oppose such a thing.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Yeah, it’s well known that protesters get bussed in for certain protests. I wouldn’t be surprised if these aren’t homegrown, but with protests going on all over why would they split forces and go to NOLA as opposed to Minneapolis or any other city local to them? Whatever the case, looks like a lot of protesters. People that think there’s no Antifa in NOLA may be in for a surprise one day. That Soros has a lot of money to throw around.

The goal is to create an appearance that people coast to coast are so outraged with this phony narrative of systemic oppression that people are protesting everywhere. To accomplish that you have to buss the useful idiots around.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah and the President of America is talking of putting US soldiers on American streets. This goes against the core values, not to mention the mission statement of the NRA and we haven't heard a word from them. Neither have they contacted the WH to oppose such a thing.

I'd much rather US Soliders on the streets supporting the police and national guard than protestors burning stuff.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

There are many federalist minded folks here. I happen to be one of them, and while I don’t relish the idea of our national guard being deployed to the streets of a city near me and you, how would you suppose the federal government support its citizens who aren’t forming a violent insurrection in the streets.

Last edited:

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    There are subversive powers at play. China may be involved in escalating tensions. There has also been what appear to be individuals of Arab ethnicity carrying out destructive acts during protests dressed like Antifa. Antifa has run its course at this point, and I’m happy to see them listed as terrorists. Also a good deal of folks wearing Muslim head wear destroying property and looting. BLM is mostly peaceful . The ones at a recent BLM event a few years back that became violent was headed by several women wearing Hajib. I’m wondering if the Muslim Brotherhood or Care is behind this? Maybe it’s just radicalized individuals or worse yet foreign agents? There’s the bricks being delivered to protest sites nationwide? No idea what this is about... We need to be prepared to quell violence with appropriate application of force to protect our communities. Assholes don’t respect anything but a hard hand, thinking you can negotiate with radicals is a fools errand. But the only way these cowards can live among us is if we let them. We will need to drive them out, arrest them and deport them, and kill them if they set up shop in our communities. There is no ***** footing this issue, they must go if they are found to have radical ties. On a positive note until US citizenry is disarmed these cowards will never have a chance to destroy our communities like they do in so many nations where citizens are disarmed and living under tyranny. Never before has the Bill of Rights been so critical. But please understand how to identify the bad actors from peaceful protestors. We also need to support the police and National Guard while they deal with urban looters, and allow them to enforce law and order. God bless America!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There are subversive powers at play. China may be involved in escalating tensions. There has also been what appear to be individuals of Arab ethnicity carrying out destructive acts during protests dressed like Antifa. Antifa has run its course at this point, and I’m happy to see them listed as terrorists. Also a good deal of folks wearing Muslim head wear destroying property and looting. BLM is mostly peaceful . The ones at a recent BLM event a few years back that became violent was headed by several women wearing Hajib. I’m wondering if the Muslim Brotherhood or Care is behind this? Maybe it’s just radicalized individuals or worse yet foreign agents? There’s the bricks being delivered to protest sites nationwide? No idea what this is about... We need to be prepared to quell violence with appropriate application of force to protect our communities. Assholes don’t respect anything but a hard hand, thinking you can negotiate with radicals is a fools errand. But the only way these cowards can live among us is if we let them. We will need to drive them out, arrest them and deport them, and kill them if they set up shop in our communities. There is no ***** footing this issue, they must go if they are found to have radical ties. On a positive note until US citizenry is disarmed these cowards will never have a chance to destroy our communities like they do in so many nations where citizens are disarmed and living under tyranny. Never before has the Bill of Rights been so critical. But please understand how to identify the bad actors from peaceful protestors. We also need to support the police and National Guard while they deal with urban looters, and allow them to enforce law and order. God bless America!

This was quite a mouthful!

I will agree that if possible, hitting the prevaricators and "leaders" of these groups with domestic terrorism charges would catch their attentions. Just not sure how that would play out with them being American citizens on domestic soil. It would be nice to see some of the actual criminals in this, sent to a Super Max prison for a stay. However, the RICO act would also set some of these **** bags straight too!

Remember, RICO almost completely wiped out organized crime in the US in the 70's, 80's, & 90's. Many of those dirt bags died in prison!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'd much rather US Soliders on the streets supporting the police and national guard than protestors burning stuff.

Agreed!

The only people that are bashing this idea are those that already have their minds made up that America is to blame! Usual suspects; Media, democrats, phony liberals, ACLU, and others like them.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think the cop that was knealing on the neck was acting negligently for sure, and should be tried. But you also have to take into account, George Floyd had violent priors, was operating a motor vehicle under the influence(which is a far more deadly and insidious problem than police violence) as well trying to commint fraud and then resisting arrest. He also was in poor physical shape. All of those factors led to him having a heart attack caused by the brash and unprofessional officer. Now the Media have spun this, along with other stories, to make you think that cops just pick random black guys to victimize, and that any black guy is vulnerable to police brutality. But its just not true. The bad cop should be held accountable, but we have to look at the evidence and understand that if George Floyd hadn't been taking meth and phentanyl while behind the wheel of a vehicle and trying to commit fraud and had previously committed armed robbery, and was currently resisting arrest, he might be alive too! The lie is: George Floyd was murdered because he was black. The Truth is: George Floyd died in police custody because he was resisting arrest while on drugs and in poor physical health and the unprofessional officer was unable to properly handle the situation and his negligence appears to have resulted in the George Floyd's death. APPEARS. We don't know 100% yet, we have to see how the autopsies shake out in court. My point is, there were many many factors here, and its not as simple as "racist white cop victimizes innocent black man".m

All that and the cop killed him needlessly, and had help doing so. Bad apples with accomplices and those who could speak up but won’t equals a few more bad apples than we think. If cops get tired of catching a bad rap for the ones that clearly break the law and turn the public against them maybe they’ll do the right thing. Or they can keep covering for their blue bro’s and go down with them.
    In the long run it doesn’t really matter. They’re appointed by government entities and little will ever change. Even when the public reaches the boiling point and completely turns on police, there will be no reform and no real change in how the justice system handles cases like these. I say this because of how conditioned so many people are into believing it’s always excusable in one way or another when people are killed over misdemeanors and mistaken identities and wrong addresses and yada yada.
    The bottom line here is, Floyd committed no crime punishable by death, yet he was killed. He was killed. He didn’t just give up on life and die. He didn’t die by accident. He begged for his life and was killed while he lay face down, handcuffed and crushed under the weight of 3 men for a period of time. And in that period of time that elapsed from the time he was subdued until he had no pulse is when they consciously killed him. There was no sane reason for them to keep him pinned down once he was cuffed and calling for his mother. They knew what they were doing. They knew he could not breathe effectively enough to stay conscious. Ask yourself why they decided to check a pulse. Now ask yourself why they didn’t get off him once they found no pulse. They silently kept their death grip on him until they knew he was dead. There is no excuse.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    WFT, is this the naacp forum or a local gun forum?????????I say FU@K EM and feed them fish heads......Is it really ok to let a bunch of animals burn down 1/2 of America because of one bad cop????? I'm sure they just stealing new clothes to wear to church, huh? I support LEO 1000% and the National Guard even more, I think they will stop this sh1t
    What does the NAACP have to do with this? Most of the damage is being started by non CP.

or are you saying...you know what...I know exactly what you are saying.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

:nono:

I didn't say it was legal or not. I agreed that I would rather have the US Military out there helping instead of Rome burning to the ground.

Besides, this ain't Reconstruction!!! However, a good case may have to be made soon, that these criminals and thugs who have hijacked this (once legit), cause may very well end up causing another civil war if this **** is not crushed soon!

I'll add, the groups I cited as not wanting the military used here, do so for a completely different reason than what you cited! ;)

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What does the NAACP have to do with this?

Absolutely nothing!

Most of the damage is being started by non CP.

This^ is true if you are watching the riots on CNN, MSNBC, PBS, ABC, NBC, BBC, CBS,.........

Various other outlets, including YOUTUBE for the time being, are painting a less rosy color!

No pun intended!

:dunno:

Top Bottom