Riots of 2020

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is what I want from Disney:

1. At least one Star Wars tv show every year.
    2. Resume the Anthology film series with one movie released every year starting in 2022.
    3. Bring more Expanded Universe characters into cannon.
    4. One of the Anthology films must involve Baby Yoda.
    5. Make Galaxy’s Edge a permanent attraction at the theme parks.
    6. Bring back Jar Jar Binks
    7. Release the High Republic novels and comics
    8. Make a sequel to *Solo: A Star Wars Story*
    #makesolo2happen

#6 is how the riots will start

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    This is what I want from Disney:

1. At least one Star Wars tv show every year.
    2. Resume the Anthology film series with one movie released every year starting in 2022.
    3. Bring more Expanded Universe characters into cannon.
    4. One of the Anthology films must involve Baby Yoda.
    5. Make Galaxy’s Edge a permanent attraction at the theme parks.
    6. Bring back Jar Jar Binks
    7. Release the High Republic novels and comics
    8. Make a sequel to *Solo: A Star Wars Story*
    #makesolo2happen

I don't understand the comparison. Is Disney paid by taxpayers? Does Disney hold any position of authority? Do Disney executives carry guns, serve no knock warrants, kill innocent people because they're in the wrong house, investigate themselves, and then find that no crime was committed? (Google Breonna Taylor if you're confused on that reference)

Here's an injustice that's a bit more local and involves a white guy. Maybe some of the people on this forum can relate to the pain he feels for his brother's death? Or maybe you'll say he deserved it too and the police were perfectly justified in killing the man and removing evidence (in this case, the dead guy's throat organs) to protect themselves.

https://mashable.com/2015/08/31/dallas-man-dies-police/

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Disney has its own police department, so they are involved here and are subject to the demands of Star Wars fans who have been left behind.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Disney has its own police department, so they are involved here and are subject to the demands of Star Wars fans who have been left behind.

Disney doesn’t have its own police department, but they do have their own Security Team and their own Fire Department.

They created their own municipality to save on taxes and to be able to have the infrastructure in place to handle their water and sewerage needs.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The morons tried to engage the cops last night with the intent to create violence. Enough already!

What I would suggest to those that are "sincere" about the "true' cause? STAY OFF THE F'n INTERSTATE & BRIDGES!

So you’re cool with them marching down Airline Highway? Civil disobedience is a thing. My point is, you’re suggesting that others are using them as cover, which is absolutely correct. My point is that there isn’t much of a way for them to peacefully protest without others using it as cover. As such, it’s a problem with no real solution, it is their right to protest, I’m not okay with denying them that right, however, others will steal shoes, beat an oldie once in a white, and spray paint things. So my question is, what solution do you have, that isn’t requiring protesters to also act as law enforcement agents or for them to abridge their right to protest?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here's an injustice that's a bit more local and involves a white guy. Maybe some of the people on this forum can relate to the pain he feels for his brother's death? Or maybe you'll say he deserved it too and the police were perfectly justified in killing the man and removing evidence (in this case, the dead guy's throat organs) to protect themselves.

Precisely why this current theme of cops constantly killing innocent black men all over the country is a farce! This calamity has been spun again into a racially charged BS session of stealing and violence in the name of black oppression. The saddest thing of all is the media plays along with that narrative, politicians keep acknowledging it as the "reason", and the dummies that are out their believing this is a just cause, are just fools who refuse to learn facts about police interactions with blacks; and police interactions with whites.

Truth is, the black Americans that work for me never tell me they fear walking out of their houses each day and not returning "just because they are black!" I guess my guys aren't keeping it real enough out there by shooting at people, selling drugs, gang banging, robbing and stealing, and whatever else attracts those pesky police.

Call this what it is; four cops that broke the law. We don't know their motivation for doing what they did, but they will all go on trial on substantial charges.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So you’re cool with them marching down Airline Highway? Civil disobedience is a thing. My point is, you’re suggesting that others are using them as cover, which is absolutely correct. My point is that there isn’t much of a way for them to peacefully protest without others using it as cover. As such, it’s a problem with no real solution, it is their right to protest, I’m not okay with denying them that right, however, others will steal shoes, beat an oldie once in a white, and spray paint things. So my question is, what solution do you have, that isn’t requiring protesters to also act as law enforcement agents or for them to abridge their right to protest?

Well for me, first and foremost; someone would have to explain to me how the killing of this one guy causes anyone to protest for a week and a half straight. Why isn't this much effort put forth to protest the democrat party for destroying the public education system? That has a far more devastating consequence for EVERYBODY in this country than this. Why isn't this much effort put forth by the obscene numbers of black Americans that were shot this past Memorial Day weekend in Chicago? Did anyone else notice that it was the worst weekend of shooting since 2015? SINCE 2015! :eek:

The selective outrage is a joke. I know that the corrupt media wants to divide this country and thus will continue to hide the truth from these dummies, but at what point are they held accountable for leading black America down the toilet time and time again?

But to answer your question specifically, I would have the leaders of those cities that sincerely do give a **** about the violence and the destruction to encourage sincere peaceful demonstrators throughout the day, if and when the garbage starts, don't just sit back and watch while fooling yourself you are part of history; leave! At that point, the demonstration to persuade social change is over anyway. Perhaps try to convince the idealists that ongoing protests that end up causing difficulty for others does not achieve the end they may believe. It may not work, but it might; at least it is an effort.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Precisely why this current theme of cops constantly killing innocent black men all over the country is a farce! This calamity has been spun again into a racially charged BS session of stealing and violence in the name of black oppression. The saddest thing of all is the media plays along with that narrative, politicians keep acknowledging it as the "reason", and the dummies that are out their believing this is a just cause, are just fools who refuse to learn facts about police interactions with blacks; and police interactions with whites.

Truth is, the black Americans that work for me never tell me they fear walking out of their houses each day and not returning "just because they are black!" I guess my guys aren't keeping it real enough out there by shooting at people, selling drugs, gang banging, robbing and stealing, and whatever else attracts those pesky police.

Call this what it is; four cops that broke the law. We don't know their motivation for doing what they did, but they will all go on trial on substantial charges.

It's much more than the four cops though. It's much more than the one instance of injustice. There's so many more cases where people in power harmed those that are innocent and then it got covered up. The tension has been building for decades and people are fed up. Sure a lot of the protests are in the name of black lives matter but it's not just about black people as you can see from a lot of the videos. There's plenty of white people protesting too. Nobody should be above the law. When someone in power breaks the law they should be held to the same standards as those not in power.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Well for me, first and foremost; someone would have to explain to me how the killing of this one guy causes anyone to protest for a week and a half straight. Why isn't this much effort put forth to protest the democrat party for destroying the public education system? That has a far more devastating consequence for EVERYBODY in this country than this. Why isn't this much effort put forth by the obscene numbers of black Americans that were shot this past Memorial Day weekend in Chicago? Did anyone else notice that it was the worst weekend of shooting since 2015? SINCE 2015! :eek:

The selective outrage is a joke. I know that the corrupt media wants to divide this country and thus will continue to hide the truth from these dummies, but at what point are they held accountable for leading black America down the toilet time and time again?

But to answer your question specifically, I would have the leaders of those cities that sincerely do give a **** about the violence and the destruction to encourage sincere peaceful demonstrators throughout the day, if and when the garbage starts, don't just sit back and watch while fooling yourself you are part of history; leave! At that point, the demonstration to persuade social change is over anyway. Perhaps try to convince the idealists that ongoing protests that end up causing difficulty for others does not achieve the end they may believe. It may not work, but it might; at least it is an effort.

I explained this to my stepdaughter this weekend. Why are they protesting and rioting over 1% of black deaths and not using this energy to fix the 99% cause of black mortality? I didn't really get an answer to that question. It's probably because it is easier to blame the guy over there and not try to fix the person that is staring back at you in the mirror.

I think there are opportunities available to all races in the USA it is just a matter of having the will and perserverance to take advantage of them. We have raised a generation of gimme's and not I am going to go out and earn what's mine.....

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Idk Bosco, this case kinda shows the need for personal responsibility right there. I mean, dude shoulda handled his own business instead of calling on police. He must have thought the police or Sheriff’s dept has a duty to protect him and that’s just not the case. Ok, yeah, I’m being sarcastic, but people need to learn that sometimes, calling the police should be a last resort. If I ever have even one cop tell me to stop resisting I’m just gonna knock my head into the floor and render myself unconscious. I’ll take my chances with a head injury.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

At that point, bad actors have effectively taken away their rights. I don’t agree with the protests and I’m certainly not on board with the riots, but rights to go everyone, up until they commit a crime and lose them.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh SNAP!
    Check the way the entire line just stops when this old dude’s noggin hits the pavement! Pretty apparent from their reaction I think they all know what a screwup that was.
    I’ll use this video to support my plan to render myself unconscious to keep from being killed. Looks like it definitely works. Stopped a crowd in their tracks. Not one cop putting a knee on his neck.
    https://peertube.live/videos/watch/a9522852-1c51-4144-b764-a21aff403c4e

So I’m thinking if you fall and hit your head and go limp they’ll prolly handcuff you at worst, then just stand around and watch you bleed for a while. Man that’s way better than being crushed and asphyxiated or getting your neck broke. Maybe I need to practice my fall so it just looks like I’m mortally wounded. Ya gotta think survival in a case like this.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Oh SNAP!
    Check the way the entire line just stops when this old dude’s noggin hits the pavement! Pretty apparent from their reaction I think they all know what a screwup that was.
    I’ll use this video to support my plan to render myself unconscious to keep from being killed. Looks like it definitely works. Stopped a crowd in their tracks. Not one cop putting a knee on his neck.

So I’m thinking if you fall and hit your head and go limp they’ll prolly handcuff you at worst, then just stand around and watch you bleed for a while. Man that’s way better than being crushed and asphyxiated or getting your neck broke. Maybe I need to practice my fall so it just looks like I’m mortally wounded. Ya gotta think survival in a case like this.

If I waz a cop I would have to kick him in the ribs and ask if he was okay? I noticed the LEO on the end is sporting a spiffy paint ball gun!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If I waz a cop I would have to kick him in the ribs and ask if he was okay? I noticed the LEO on the end is sporting a spiffy paint ball gun!

Haha! Yer killin me Gator. Ok, noted. Wear a rib belt when I’m out running my errands.
    They should put orange tips on those paintball guns so civilians know they’re not real guns...

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    When my Wife told me that one of her friends was gassed on the Bridge two nights ago, I started laughing like a maniac! My Wife got very mad at me for that. I told her that CS riot gas was good enough for me in Marine Corps boot camp and it’s good for her friend!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Oh SNAP!

It looks shitty, but why would this old fool think that he gets to pass through the line? Before you know it, you'll have antifa morons thinking they get to pass if they don't have hoodies on.

Top Bottom