Riots of 2020

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    P
    I would be surprised if the majority was actually from New Orleans.

5ed6fafc89180.image.jpg

Much of the lower 9th Ward is white these days due to gentrification. Mid-City also has a larger white population now. My Wife knows some of the protesters from Mid-City and they are white Liberals and Libertarians.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    P

Much of the lower 9th Ward is white these days due to gentrification. Mid-City also has a larger white population now. My Wife knows some of the protesters from Mid-City and they are white Liberals and Libertarians.

I'm not talking about skin color. I'm saying I'd be surprised if the majority of protesters actually lived in New Orleans.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yeah, it’s well known that protesters get bussed in for certain protests. I wouldn’t be surprised if these aren’t homegrown, but with protests going on all over why would they split forces and go to NOLA as opposed to Minneapolis or any other city local to them? Whatever the case, looks like a lot of protesters. People that think there’s no Antifa in NOLA may be in for a surprise one day. That Soros has a lot of money to throw around.

It looks like the entire Marigny/Bywater area emptied into the street. They are local leftists who are likely unemployed restaurant and hospitality workers. I live and work in New Orleans and see those types every day.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I do not agree with protests over a murder that took place In Minnesota. It should not have been national news since it is a capital case that involves one state. The city of New Orleans is not involved here. Charlie Fry, or whatever the victims name was, is not from New Orleans.
    These mass gatherings are also dangerous due to Covid-19. The media outlets should be urging theses idiots to stay at home. The media needs to also stop making excuses for and condoning the looters.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Some of the restaurant workers in New Orleans live in Jefferson Parish, so could be some truth to that.

Point being, the majority of people I know that live in the city have gone on vacations to avoid all of this. I’m sure there are plenty of protesters that live in New Orleans, but I would be many are from other cities and some from out of state.

They have the right to protest. They don’t have the right to destroy things. Thankfully, the NOLA protests are peaceful, for now.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Again, I didn't say that.

As for blocking the Interstate system. No good comes from that peaceful or not. History was not kind to innocent white people stuck in black-oriented protests (that all started out "peaceful!" :rolleyes:). And, if you saw the animals trying to break into innocent commuters cars "stuck" in those "protests", then ultimately dragged out of them and beaten..........yeah; No!

If someone "exercising" their Constitutional Rights puts me in a position to defend myself stuck on an interstate, I would personally say; "My Right to not be impeded by ANY protest is WAYYYY more important than theirs."

I would not be thinking, "Oh, look; a peaceful protest on the Interstate. They are promoting freedom! I'll just hope my wife doesn't get too thirsty in her car waiting it out!"

Is there any footage of that happening in New Orleans last night?

What would you suggest those who wish to protest do?

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    :nono:

I didn't say it was legal or not. I agreed that I would rather have the US Military out there helping instead of Rome burning to the ground.

Besides, this ain't Reconstruction!!! However, a good case may have to be made soon, that these criminals and thugs who have hijacked this (once legit), cause may very well end up causing another civil war if this **** is not crushed soon!

I'll add, the groups I cited as not wanting the military used here, do so for a completely different reason than what you cited! ;)

All that and all I did was post a website. Ok.

So, do you believe, as you say, the reason I cited is a good enough reason to not use the US military on US soil on US citizens? Or do you believe our laws and Constitution need to be changed, amended or should we just delete it all and start over? Big fan of martial law? For some looters? Really?

Btw, you left out patriots, conservatives, libertarians, right wingers, Republicans, etc.
    ;)

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Also, one thing being conspicuously ignored is the will of the troops themselves.
    I was 11B (Infantry) fresh out of high school in the 80’s.
    Saw a lot of things but acting against US Citizens on domestic soil was not one of them.
    Like to believe I’d never go for that at all, nor would my cohort.
    Soldiers are first and foremost citizens too.
    Give them the credit they are due that they’re not just blind servants in a political machine.

Rant over.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Is there any footage of that happening in New Orleans last night?

What would you suggest those who wish to protest do?

The morons tried to engage the cops last night with the intent to create violence. Enough already!

What I would suggest to those that are "sincere" about the "true' cause? STAY OFF THE F'n INTERSTATE & BRIDGES!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

All that and all I did was post a website. Ok.

So, do you believe, as you say, the reason I cited is a good enough reason to not use the US military on US soil on US citizens? Or do you believe our laws and Constitution need to be changed, amended or should we just delete it all and start over? Big fan of martial law? For some looters? Really?

Btw, you left out patriots, conservatives, libertarians, right wingers, Republicans, etc.
    ;)

As I alluded, this Act was established post civil war. It had a specific purpose. Again, I am not arguing the legality of it, or the legitimacy, nor the need or desire. Below is directly from the website you chose:

In the mid-20th century, the administration of President Dwight D. Eisenhower used an exception to the Posse Comitatus Act, derived from the Enforcement Acts, to send federal troops into Little Rock, Arkansas, during the 1957 school desegregation crisis. The Arkansas governor had opposed desegregation after the United States Supreme Court ruled in 1954 in the Brown v. Board of Education that segregated public schools were unconstitutional. The Enforcement Acts, among other powers, allowed the president to call up military forces when state authorities were either unable or unwilling to suppress violence that were in opposition to the citizens' constitutional rights.

So it is clear, that the military was and can be called up. I don't remember DDE getting impeached for it.

As for my belief; I never stated that I was for anything or nothing. I simply agreed with Austin, that I would rather see the military out there than to watch nothing be done and the country burned. It is clear to me that this thuggery and violence is being perpetrated and accomplished because LE are vastly outnumbered. I will say it again, for Jack and everyone; the scumbags are using the protests as a cover for their garbage. The problem seems to be, that the so-called "peaceful" protesters keep going out there night after night despite this glaringly obvious subterfuge they were an unwitting part of. Now, if they are still protesting, I think they go out knowing they are providing this cover.

I mean, how could they be that dense at this point?

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    Just think all of this violence and destruction started over a fake $20 bill.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I see Antifa has you bambuzzled.

A lot of the Antifa groups calling for violence were found to be run by white supremacists. Plenty of articles out there about Twitter researching and banning the accounts. Here's one if you don't wanna google - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

Identity Evropa (https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-...oup/identity-evropaamerican-identity-movement) was identified as one of the groups doing this. You know, the same group that led to someone mowing down people in their car killing one (https://time.com/charlottesville-white-nationalist-rally-clashes/).

So maybe you're the one who has been bamboozled :dunno:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Just think all of this violence and destruction started over a fake $20 bill.

If you think this all started over a fake $20 bill then you aren't paying attention.

Very little coverage on national media but swap the race of the perp and the victims all hell would break loose.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lid...3.69i57j0l7.7684j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I don't get it, the bad guy wasn't a police officer or anyone in power, just a lunatic who committed a random act of violence.

From what I understand, this image puts together the protesters demands, much like how Hong Kong has demands with its protests. I don't think they're that crazy of demands.

ZM4xGKg.png

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    This is what I want from Disney:

1. At least one Star Wars tv show every year.
    2. Resume the Anthology film series with one movie released every year starting in 2022.
    3. Bring more Expanded Universe characters into cannon.
    4. One of the Anthology films must involve Baby Yoda.
    5. Make Galaxy’s Edge a permanent attraction at the theme parks.
    6. Bring back Jar Jar Binks
    7. Release the High Republic novels and comics
    8. Make a sequel to *Solo: A Star Wars Story*
    #makesolo2happen

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    This is what I want from Disney:

1. At least one Star Wars tv show every year.
    2. Resume the Anthology film series with one movie released every year starting in 2022.
    3. Bring more Expanded Universe characters into cannon.
    4. One of the Anthology films must involve Baby Yoda.
    5. Make Galaxy’s Edge a permanent attraction at the theme parks.
    6. Bring back Jar Jar Binks
    7. Release the High Republic novels and comics
    8. Make a sequel to *Solo: A Star Wars Story*
    #makesolo2happen

I believe they should do at least one new movie on a monthly basis.
    And they should definitely do a JarJar origins story including baby JarJar, adolescent teen angsty JarJar and finally Jedi Master JarJar who brings about the evolution of Yoda...

I mean, Disney done screwed up Star Wars forever already, why not make it worse on purpose?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom