Riots of 2020

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Know who your enemy is.

https://youtu.be/35Cr8BlPxU4

When the government is afraid of the people it's liberty
    When the people are afraid of the government it's tyranny.

The rioters are wrong but so was the police.

It’s a hard line to cross.
    The protesters are amping up their violence levels and the police are compensating by being more aggressively intolerant.
    Seeing the previous video where the police drove through the crowd I admit I’m the corner of the cops.
    The unit next to them had a fire on the roof and protesters were swarming their car... I believe they were in legitimate fear for their lives and acted accordingly.
    I also got a chuckle at the *light ‘em up* statement in the last video but do feel that was a bit unprofessional to say it that way.

Ughhhh.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Protests have been peaceful, here in New Orleans. Strange how that doesn't make the national propaganda outlets.

Kinda strange. New Orleans might be the safest big City in the nation right now.

Looters and rioters know about Stand Your Ground.

Most of the arson and looting is being initiated by antifa.

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    It’s a hard line to cross.
    The protesters are amping up their violence levels and the police are compensating by being more aggressively intolerant.
    Seeing the previous video where the police drove through the crowd I admit I’m the corner of the cops.
    The unit next to them had a fire on the roof and protesters were swarming their car... I believe they were in legitimate fear for their lives and acted accordingly.
    I also got a chuckle at the *light ‘em up* statement in the last video but do feel that was a bit unprofessional to say it that way.

Ughhhh.

People on there own property not breaking any laws are being shot at. This is bad, there should be no excuse for their action. Just more injustice by the "authority". This is disgusting.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    People on there own property not breaking any laws are being shot at. This is bad, there should be no excuse for their action. Just more injustice by the "authority". This is disgusting.

The problem is, both sides are acting irresponsibly. And when that happens, it's easy to finger point and blame the other side, without accepting responsibility for one's own culpability.

It also makes us forget that there are a lot of great people in this country—some of whom are protesting, and some of whom are wearing the badge and actually serving and protecting the people. Let's not forget about them, because of the violent actions of a few.

Mike

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    The way they're targeting press is a bit concerning to me. I know a lot of news outlets will spew whatever narrative they want whether it's pro rioters or pro police but they aren't part of the riots. It's no different than the police in Hong Kong targeting the press there. I thought we were a lot better than China but here we are.

https://twitter.com/_nullifidius/status/1266979216865837057

I mean what was this guy doing that justified spraying him in the face while he was on the ground holding up a press badge?

Updated link with more videos:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...bc322a-a342-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The problem is, both sides are acting irresponsibly. And when that happens, it's easy to finger point and blame the other side, without accepting responsibility for one's own culpability.

It also makes us forget that there are a lot of great people in this country—some of whom are protesting, and some of whom are wearing the badge and actually serving and protecting the people. Let's not forget about them, because of the violent actions of a few.

Mike

Those wearing a badge do not protect the people, they protect the politicians, elite and themselves. Cops murder a man on video and one of them gets arrested days later after many protests. Citizens protest and the murderous cop has 70 cops protecting him while they let a minority loot and burn the city. A citizen attacks a cop they are jailed immediately and charged as terrorists.

Anyone claiming to be for a smaller government should start with the broken police state in this country.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    WFT, is this the naacp forum or a local gun forum?????????I say FU@K EM and feed them fish heads......Is it really ok to let a bunch of animals burn down 1/2 of America because of one bad cop????? I'm sure they just stealing new clothes to wear to church, huh? I support LEO 1000% and the National Guard even more, I think they will stop this sh1t

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    WFT, is this the naacp forum or a local gun forum?????????I say FU@K EM and feed them fish heads......Is it really ok to let a bunch of animals burn down 1/2 of America because of one bad cop????? I'm sure they just stealing new clothes to wear to church, huh? I support LEO 1000% and the National Guard even more, I think they will stop this sh1t

What do you propose the police and National Guard do?

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    What do you propose the police and National Guard do?

They can start with watching the news and surveilce vidio, ID the window smashers/thieves, go round them up and put them in jail where they belong..Is this too hard for you to understand? I am almost sure this is how it is supposed to work.....when you break the law

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula

So F the Constitution huh?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    They can start with watching the news and surveilce vidio, ID the window smashers/thieves, go round them up and put them in jail where they belong..Is this too hard for you to understand? I am almost sure this is how it is supposed to work.....when you break the law

I asked a question on what you believed they should do. Asking me if it’s too difficult to understand invalidates any chance of having a civil discussion if your first reaction is to think anyone questioning you is stupid.

Considering that protesters are rioters outnumber law enforcement 20:1, if not more, it would be highly impractical for them to attempt to arrest each individual that is breaking a law. It also puts LEO at greater risk. This is why riot gear and large groups are used to control the crowds. The difficulty with identifying individuals is that the vast majority are wearing face coverings to hide their identity.

Top Bottom