Police smashing on their own cruiser.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The guy with the camera is a moron trying to add fuel to the fire.

The windows were already broken by protesters.

The police were busting out the windshield so they could safely drive the vehicle away without risk of the broken windshield injuring them.

Leaving a damaged cruiser with all of the things commonly contained inside of it is a bad idea as we have already seen looters walking around with stolen ARs - taken from police vehicles.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    The guy with the camera is a moron trying to add fuel to the fire.

The windows were already broken by protesters.

The police were busting out the windshield so they could safely drive the vehicle away without risk of the broken windshield injuring them.

Leaving a damaged cruiser with all of the things commonly contained inside of it is a bad idea as we have already seen looters walking around with stolen ARs - taken from police vehicles.
    I agree 100% the guy is annoying. But with a broken windshield its best to kick it out from the inside. Other wise you get full of glass. But why would they stand on the hood and then hit the hood repeatedly?
    They officers are going through alot right now.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I agree 100% the guy is annoying. But with a broken windshield its best to kick it out from the inside. Other wise you get full of glass. But why would they stand on the hood and then hit the hood repeatedly?
    They officers are going through alot right now.

Here's a video of what actually happened to that cruiser:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Nelsonbarros_12/status/1267317955429371904

I'm going to speculate and take a guess of why they were hitting the window from the outside:
    1) The window was too caved in at parts and kicking it in from the inside with a foot was too dangerous. It was deemed easier to break the windshield safely from the exterior, then throw the glass in the back and sweep it off the dash and the seat, before driving away.

2) The officers didn't consider getting inside the vehicle and kicking the windshield outwards because they had never been in this situation. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't have thought to do that either. If a bird or something caved my windshield in, I would have thought to hit it from the outside in and finish the job of the bird before grabbing it with gloves and (re)moving it.

I watched the video three times and I don't see officers hitting anywhere else on the vehicle besides the windshield. It sucks that information like this is going around and painting a false narrative (fake news).

Another big one that people have been sharing is that cops are "covering up their badge numbers" with black tape, so they cannot be identified. Yet, anyone who knows even a little about police work would know that this has been done for a long time as a method to honor a fallen officer, similar to lowering a flag to half mast.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    That explaines a lot. I knew someone would catch both sides.

I would not suspect an officer would destroy his or her own patrol unit.

Thank you

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Here's a video of what actually happened to that cruiser:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Nelsonbarros_12/status/1267317955429371904

I'm going to speculate and take a guess of why they were hitting the window from the outside:
    1) The window was too caved in at parts and kicking it in from the inside with a foot was too dangerous. It was deemed easier to break the windshield safely from the exterior, then throw the glass in the back and sweep it off the dash and the seat, before driving away.

2) The officers didn't consider getting inside the vehicle and kicking the windshield outwards because they had never been in this situation. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't have thought to do that either. If a bird or something caved my windshield in, I would have thought to hit it from the outside in and finish the job of the bird before grabbing it with gloves and (re)moving it.

I watched the video three times and I don't see officers hitting anywhere else on the vehicle besides the windshield. It sucks that information like this is going around and painting a false narrative (fake news).

Another big one that people have been sharing is that cops are "covering up their badge numbers" with black tape, so they cannot be identified. Yet, anyone who knows even a little about police work would know that this has been done for a long time as a method to honor a fallen officer, similar to lowering a flag to half mast.

Their to dumb to know a windshield is only sitting there glued in or in its rubber molding.

You always remove an windshield from the inside by pushing it out with you're feet if nessary...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    That's Antifa dressed as cops,Same as the ''Light em up'' video.

What self respecting Cop would light someone up with a paintball gun?

No it's not.

Edit: I originally made a comment about a paintball gun that wasn't completely correct. Editing to remove it out.

There are reasons that paintballs could be employed to later identify people. Google for a bit more info.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Their to dumb to know a windshield is only sitting there glued in or in its rubber molding.

You always remove an windshield from the inside by pushing it out with you're feet if nessary...

Maybe it didn't work? Either way, even if their method of removing the windshield is flawed, it doesn't give evidence that supports what the moron shouting into his phone is saying.

Plus, how the hell does one record with such poor quality? Even the shittiest of phones nowadays record in at least 720p...

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Maybe it didn't work? Either way, even if their method of removing the windshield is flawed, it doesn't give evidence that supports what the moron shouting into his phone is saying.

Plus, how the hell does one record with such poor quality? Even the shittiest of phones nowadays record in at least 720p...

You do realize I like picking on you? Nothing personal man,It's all good !!!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Come on Dave, If the entire windshield is smashed then why bother?

In order to safely drive the vehicle away so rioters cannot get inside it and steal items from it (such as firearms, ammo, restraints, and etc).

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    In order to safely drive the vehicle away so rioters cannot get inside it and steal items from it (such as firearms, ammo, restraints, and etc).

Exactly. Also comms and on board computers. Especially for agencies that cannot disable their rovers (handhelds) remotely.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you are a normal size human being it is quite hard to position yourself in a way to kick out a windshield. Seat won’t go back all the way nor will it recline due to the cage and you are surrounded by the center consoles and the computer/stand on the right. This will be my only comment regarding any of the current events but I will view from afar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom