Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

ACOG Govít Buy-Backs

Not sure how good this deal is as Iím not a higher-end optic person. But I see a lot of folks looking for ACOGs.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-T...k-NO-MO-1.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

That is a good deal. I have not seen them that cheap before.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I don't think that's a great deal. I don't see "government buy back" defined, but they look pretty worn in the photos. And without a mount. You can definitely get a legit ACOG for around $1000 brand new with a mount. Showing obvious wear, without a mount, and not knowing how old the tritium is, I wouldn't think that's a great deal for $600.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Smarter than the average bear.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I got excited thinking they were M150 for that price. TheTA-50 are running between $800-850, new.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by honestlou View Post
    I don't think that's a great deal. I don't see "government buy back" defined, but they look pretty worn in the photos. And without a mount. You can definitely get a legit ACOG for around $1000 brand new with a mount. Showing obvious wear, without a mount, and not knowing how old the tritium is, I wouldn't think that's a great deal for $600.
    This. They will still work but not worth that price. Especially without a mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    This. They will still work but not worth that price. Especially without a mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I concur.

Unless you're building a clone rifle, it's still not a good value.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Anyone spending that $600 is most prolly gonna be sorry. When these were issued as tools they were likely well used abused. Typically reclaimed or resold government hardware is gonna be trashed. We aren’t talking government surplus, these are GI trade in or the equivalent. Picture some sandy skinned up M9 mags that you paid $10 each for and try to picture what it takes to create that look. Now picture someone throwing a dozen carbines into the transport In a nice pile and think about that optic being clamped on. I’m fairly certain anyone here selling a ground and pounded ACOG
    With no mount wouldn’t get $600 for it here.
    I picked up a demo a few years ago for not much more and it had a couple minor scuffs that could happen in the safe.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Now picture someone throwing a dozen carbines into the transport In a nice pile and think about that optic being clamped on.
    I agree that they are likely not a good value but members of the military who rely on their weapons to keep them alive don't throw a dozen carbines into a nice pile in a transport for a number of reasons.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I agree that they are likely not a good value but members of the military who rely on their weapons to keep them alive don't throw a dozen carbines into a nice pile in a transport for a number of reasons.
    Yeah, I didn’t mean at the end of the day. When those rifles are no longer in service they aren’t exactly crated up in foam and sent back to the armory. Other than that, yes, they are beat to hell on a daily basis compared to anything any of us has in the safe at home.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Yeah, I didn’t mean at the end of the day. When those rifles are no longer in service they aren’t exactly crated up in foam and sent back to the armory. Other than that, yes, they are beat to hell on a daily basis compared to anything any of us has in the safe at home.
    They are put in crates for transport. Every branch of the military has transport crates.