Possible Active Shooter at Hammond Square Mall

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Hearing all kinds of conflicting reports as to how many and if they are caught etc.

Driver drove his car through front of Target and then drove around inside.

At least one possible active shooter. Possibly up to 4.

One possibly in custody

Bombs found on scene with more at other possible locations.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_82d24d32-a751-11ea-b06c-dfdfaa8b5822.html

https://www.wbrz.com/news/large-police-presence-at-hammond-shopping-center

My sister is a first responder in Hammond and is on location waiting for scene to be cleared. No info from her other than my mom calling her and she said she had to go because she was there.

Obviously lots of people talking on facebook and you know how word of mouth is so any information could change at any time.

Just avoid area and be safe.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Is protest shopping not allowed in the Hammond Target? How rude of them. Target might get sued for suppressing his constitutional right to protest. Precedent all across the nation has been set. This is a pure case of profiling.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Wow, be safe. But, why Hammond???

Who knows at this point.

Have heard lots of different things. Only posted what I was hearing most from multiple sources because there is so many conflicting reports already.

Our office is in Hammond and my family lives in Hammond. I work in Hammond but I am working from home today in Pearl River.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Did I miss something? Is there some sort of connection between Target and police brutality?

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    One suspect has been arrested and there were ZERO shots fired, from what I'm hearing. Don't know where the active shooter rumors came from.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Did I miss something? Is there some sort of connection between Target and police brutality?

I assumed it's where company started and headquartered. Arena naming rights and founder owned Minnesota Timberwolves

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What we know:
    The guy drove into Target (there is video of it)
    Stupid white women wouldn't leave Target's parking lot after being told by multiple deputies (there is video of this too)

The Karens are the issue with American society.

The woman live streaming from the side of target was told by two people that there was possibly a bomb and he had a gun. What does she do? Continue to walk towards the Target entrance only to be told to leave by the LEO on the scene. Then she argues with him.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    F15E98F3-B963-455D-8EA3-E63F97DE8443.jpg7731E359-8D08-402E-B2F6-22AF397A8798.jpg

Dude drove into Target and crashed.

I can’t make out what he said in the video, but it freaked out the dude filming and he ran.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    No shots fired.
    No one was shot.
    No firearms were found.
    He drove into target and dropped a *device.*
    He had a *device* on his person.
    He dropped a *device* off elsewhere in the mall.
    He dropped a *device* off at Sanderson Farms.
    He dropped a *device* off at Dollar General.

Hammond PD, TPSO, LSP, ATF, and FBI are working.

All the Karens blew up FB and said he had an AK, was wearing a red cape, and said he killed everyone in Target.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    One suspect has been arrested and there were ZERO shots fired, from what I'm hearing. Don't know where the active shooter rumors came from.

That’s good. You know how information gets passed and ends up wrong. I’m happy to hear that it was t a shooter. Just watched the police give an update and said he threw out suspicious packages at four locations. So glad it was not a shooter situation.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    No shots fired.
    No one was shot.
    No firearms were found.
    He drove into target and dropped a *device.*
    He had a *device* on his person.
    He dropped a *device* off elsewhere in the mall.
    He dropped a *device* off at Sanderson Farms.
    He dropped a *device* off at Dollar General.

Hammond PD, TPSO, LSP, ATF, and FBI are working.

All the Karens blew up FB and said he had an AK, was wearing a red cape, and said he killed everyone in Target.

So glad it was not an actual shooter. That’s bad for everyone every time one of these but jobs shoot up a place. Bad for people there, bad for gun owners, bad for everyone.

Wonder if it was actual bombs or what was actually in the packages he threw out.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So glad it was not an actual shooter. That’s bad for everyone every time one of these but jobs shoot up a place. Bad for people there, bad for gun owners, bad for everyone.

Wonder if it was actual bombs or what was actually in the packages he threw out.

Luckily for the stupid people live streaming around Target it wasn’t a shooter, because they would be dead.

The guy running while recording in the store told the lady he was helping to leave. She said she needed her phone.

The lady live streaming outside was warned twice that there was a possible bomb and that he might have a gun, yet she continued to stream as she walked towards the entrace. It wasn’t till a deputy forced her to leave that she finally did. She even tried to stay.

People are stupid.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Luckily for the stupid people live streaming around Target it wasn’t a shooter, because they would be dead.

The guy running while recording in the store told the lady he was helping to leave. She said she needed her phone.

The lady live streaming outside was warned twice that there was a possible bomb and that he might have a gun, yet she continued to stream as she walked towards the entrace. It wasn’t till a deputy forced her to leave that she finally did. She even tried to stay.

People are stupid.

Yeah people are definitely dumb these days. Gotta get that video but wouldn’t help because he it been a shooter she’d be dead, he’d be dead and many more would be dead.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

People are stupid.

Never underestimate how stupid people get when they think they can become social media celebrities.

I closed my social media accounts back in 2016. Don't miss them one bit.

Mike

Top Bottom