defunding police and early retirements

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Well Minneapolis voted to DISBANN the Pd not just defund it.

they want MPD gone period.

when asked then who do people call of their house is being broken into? The president of city council said:

Direct quote from this mindless slugs called city politicians. *Speaking with CNN’s Alisyn Camerota on Monday morning, the president of the Minneapolis City Council, which has stated it intends to *dismantle* the city’s police department, was asked what a citizen should do if an intruder broke into their house in the middle of the night and there were no police to call. In response, she blithely suggested that the opportunity to call police *comes from a place of privilege,* adding that those citizens should *step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm.*

if you want to know what a city looks like with a defunded PD, look at Flint Michigan.

average response time for police on an armed robbery is 12-24 hours.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    It’s crazy this is even being discussed.

they think crime will go away without the police?

make no mistake, some of the signs did say disband, not defund.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

when asked then who do people call of their house is being broken into? The president of city council said:

if you want to know what a city looks like with a defunded PD, look at Flint Michigan.

One of the guys I know here in Baton Rouge was involved in a hit and run Friday. He was on I-110 he stopped and called 911 they transferred him to BRPD. They told him to pull off to a safe location and wait for them. They never showed up so.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8004578/

Very interesting look at exactly the department you are talking about. It’s definitely worth the time watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    What a wonderful assumption.

What is it that you would do?

I'd way rather fix this problem instead of doing the same thing we have done for the last 40 years. Treatment seems like a better option instead of locking everyone up..... it might actually make things better.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I can see if a city believes that a complete ground up rebuild is needed. There are some of the MPD council members who just plan on getting rid of MPD.

Hate to see that nonsense play out. It'd become a sanctuary city for criminals.... kinda like the cities that just completely let go of doing anything about drugs.

Can you imagine having to defend yourself in a city with no police force? I mean, what happens after you do?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Dispatcher,, *911, What is your emergency?*
    Caller, * Some lowlife just broke down my front Door!*
    Dispatcher, *What services do you need?*
    Caller, * Best you send the Meat Wagon, cause I am about to blow his Ass back thru the Doorway!*
    Dispatcher, Sir, you do not want to hurt another Human Being, right?*
    Caller, * These two are about to meet Jesus!*
    Blam....Blam
    Caller, * Yup, send the Meat Wagon, these two gots some nasty holes leaking lots of gush & Gore!*
    Dispatcher, *What is the address, there?*
    Caller, * Look it up on your fancy 911 System!* click.......

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    ff85b180428af61cb67153af335cf2c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm calling you I have your number :D

hoopstar789

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 15, 2017
    Slidell LA
    Overall, it's money that would be better spent elsewhere in order to reduce crime, likely to help those mentioned earlier so they don't become a LEO problem.

Do police need armored vehicles? Maybe a little more than I need a Ferrari to go to work.

Do Police need armored vehicle? Lemme answer that for you. Ever see a car stop a 5.56 or 7.62? Nope me neither

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    [v ideo=youtube;l7aQ02YX7qo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aQ02YX7qo[/video]

Tucker will tell you whatever you want to hear. He's just another douchebag reading a script written by people who know their audience and want to split the country. Here's a tip, go to 12:08 in the video and listen to his words. He's trying to make it sound like he's "one of us" and puts down a divisive line between rich and poor. He vilifies anyone making more than 100k saying that they can afford their own private police. Have you ever looked up Tucker's net worth and salary? Have you looked at who the people are protesting in the streets and think they are making over 100k?

You gotta listen to ALL sides of something not just what Fox News tells you. Go watch some news from the liberal channels and once you hear both biased sides you can use your brain to realize that like everything in life, the God honest truth is somewhere in the middle. All the media wants to do is help divide and conquer the country.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Tucker will tell you whatever you want to hear. He's just another douchebag reading a script written by people who know their audience and want to split the country. Here's a tip, go to 12:08 in the video and listen to his words. He's trying to make it sound like he's "one of us" and puts down a divisive line between rich and poor. He vilifies anyone making more than 100k saying that they can afford their own private police. Have you ever looked up Tucker's net worth and salary? Have you looked at who the people are protesting in the streets and think they are making over 100k?

You gotta listen to ALL sides of something not just what Fox News tells you. Go watch some news from the liberal channels and once you hear both biased sides you can use your brain to realize that like everything in life, the God honest truth is somewhere in the middle. All the media wants to do is help divide and conquer the country.

FWIW: Tucker Carlson is a devout Libertarian. He has claimed that many times on air.

If you want to know the truth about his show, you can just watch his show and get both sides. When he plays the montages from CNN, MSNBC, and the other democrat PAC's disguised as news organizations, you can clearly see the delineation of the point he is usually making. He openly criticizes both democrats and republicans regularly. I don't know of any other "opinion" show out there that appears as fair to all sides as his. Now, you can tell he leans conservative, but that doesn't define him as a right-winger, just as my expecting all American citizens get fair access to schools, jobs, and housing; doesn't define me as a left-winger.

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    The Armored Vehicles and Military Equipment are normally Military Surplus.
    There are other Agencies for Mental and Drug Issues.
    LEA's can not babysit everyone.
    Join the LEA Reserves and you will catch on quick.
    Yea, there may be other agencies for those issues, but who shows up to a call when someone has one of those issues?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yea, there may be other agencies for those issues, but who shows up to a call when someone has one of those issues?

I believe you provided the solution to the issue in your question. If you do not want the police to show up when you call them, don't call them. Let the Department of Hospitals set up a crisis unit. Citizens can call them rather than calling 911.

jdd4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    Slaughter ,LA
    Tax dollars are not going anywhere for police without some major changes happening. A city council just can't say they are going to defund the police and spend it on whatever liberal fantasy they want to spend it on. The Minneapolis charter is causing problems for the council now, tax dollars are earmarked for the most part.

Well just remember this is on the heels of a 20% loss of city revenue due to the lockdown, so balanced budgets will require cuts somewhere. Also, Hilary Clinton is now being investigated for her deleted emails. Those who want to destroy this way of life certainly have had a fortunate series of "coincidences".

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom