defunding police and early retirements

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I saw articles today about Minneapolis defunding their police department. I saw discussions in Los Angeles and NYC doing something similar. Another report shows 600 officers retiring/ leaving in NYC.

Anything similar happening in the south?

What would happen if NOPD had a sudden mass retirement? They don't have enough officers as is.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Tax dollars are not going anywhere for police without some major changes happening. A city council just can't say they are going to defund the police and spend it on whatever liberal fantasy they want to spend it on. The Minneapolis charter is causing problems for the council now, tax dollars are earmarked for the most part.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I saw articles today about Minneapolis defunding their police department. I saw discussions in Los Angeles and NYC doing something similar. Another report shows 600 officers retiring/ leaving in NYC.

Anything similar happening in the south?

What would happen if NOPD had a sudden mass retirement? They don't have enough officers as is.

The weak and the rich would be eaten....

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I saw online that Los Angeles residents asked for their police to be defunded. I say go for it and all officers move to a place that will pay them. See what happens when there is no one to enforce the law and you dial 911 and they say sorry we have no one to go to your house because the actions of a few bad people ended the protection for the rest of you.

Even better have everyone that wants the police defunded put their name on a list and if they call 911 they get a message saying sorry but the police cannot respond to your utopian emergency you will have to hope sunshine and pixie dust resolve your issue... Try talking to the burglars and understand that they are only doing it because you oppressed them somehow someway....... See how fast they change their mind

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    DemoRats at work.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Defund the police is code word for democrats whom think they are safe from the masses. The DNC and NWO want centeralized police powers throughout the states at their control. The constitution prohibits, with few exception, military policing. They have been working on this in one way or another for years. The people are much better off with local law enforcement. I read this on the internet somewhere.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    ff85b180428af61cb67153af335cf2c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The pandering for votes is such a disease they will destroy our country to gain power again. I really wish the blue flu would hit the nation for about three days. Give them a little taste of what’s to come.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    For the most part, I don't think the idea is to be rid of any type of police force. The idea is that there needs to be a complete ground up remake of their police force.

Also, the funding going to silly stuff like armored vehicles and military equipment would probably be better off going to programs for mental and drug issues that help people with problems instead of letting them get into trouble.

I think this is coming because there have been several calls for reform and it doesn't happen because of the entrenched leadership in those places.

Last Week Tonight had a pretty intense show that made me reconsider my positions a little.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    For the most part, I don't think the idea is to be rid of any type of police force. The idea is that there needs to be a complete ground up remake of their police force.

Also, the funding going to silly stuff like armored vehicles and military equipment would probably be better off going to programs for mental and drug issues that help people with problems instead of letting them get into trouble.

I think this is coming because there have been several calls for reform and it doesn't happen because of the entrenched leadership in those places.

Last Week Tonight had a pretty intense show that made me reconsider my positions a little.

The Armored Vehicles and Military Equipment are normally Military Surplus.
    There are other Agencies for Mental and Drug Issues.
    LEA's can not babysit everyone.
    Join the LEA Reserves and you will catch on quick.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    The Armored Vehicles and Military Equipment are normally Military Surplus.
    There are other Agencies for Mental and Drug Issues.
    LEA's can not babysit everyone.
    Join the LEA Reserves and you will catch on quick.

I agree. No way LEOs can be equipped to deal with every problem society has.

Money for military surplus would likely be better spent on ways that help the addicted and those with mental issues.

Teddy-G

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    Youngsville
    Nothing being spoken about in Southern States yet, but can you imagine the "open season" for criminals in these cities when they do cut their budgets?? Good Luck!

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If they do abolish or disarm the police...guess who they will disarm first? That will be part of the package.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Sure, law reform is needed but while that is in the works the police keep things from boiling over.
    No, they may not be able to make it in time to your emergency but knowing that a trained professional who takes their job seriously is on the way is priceless.

It is incumbent upon each person to be prepared for bad times and to have no expectations that the police can save you in a circumstance gone awry.
    Preparation is key.
    After that, the police have your back.

All this said unapologetically; it’s how I see things.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom