"There are no dangerous guns....."

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I saw on a Stag Arms fb post this quote;

"There are no dangerous guns, only dangerous men". RAH.

Ummm, I beg to differ. I mean, have you ever SHOT a Raven/Jennings/Bryco?

Or one of those little singleshot .22 rifles made back in the early 19teens & twenties? That don't have an especially good breech lockup? (ask me how I know:mamoru:)

Maybe even an out-of-time revolver?

What are some of YOUR horror stories?

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I saw on a Stag Arms fb post this quote;

"There are no dangerous guns, only dangerous men". RAH.

Ummm, I beg to differ. I mean, have you ever SHOT a Raven/Jennings/Bryco?

Or one of those little singleshot .22 rifles made back in the early 19teens & twenties? That don't have an especially good breech lockup? (ask me how I know:mamoru:)

Maybe even an out-of-time revolver?

What are some of YOUR horror stories?
    Move dangerous to shooter & bystanders than target but shooter is still dangerous thinking fireing that POS is a good idea.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    not me, but my dad:
    his bud picked up a raven or Jennings(been a decade or so) .380. they were shooting it in buds back yard. shot a couple mags, slapped a new mag in, charged it, put on safe, plunked it on the table, and mag dump!
    it rotated as it flew off the table. fortunately it did not turn far enough to hit either of them, but another few rounds, or more rotation and they woulda been hit.
    the gun went into the pond.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hmmm...
    Ask Remington if they’ve ever come across a dangerous gun.
    Of course there are dangerous guns. But I get the drift of the post this is all borrowed from. The guy was simply paraphrasing that other saying, ‘guns don’t kill people, people kill people’. Truth is, you’d be hard pressed to find a gun that shot a person completely on its own. Always some human involvement in a shooting, even if it’s just the human handling or disturbing the gun or moving into the line of fire.
    A defective firearm can be considered a dangerous gun.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I still haven't sent my Sig P320 in for repair so it's a dangerous gun at the moment. https://youtu.be/W8Oz6krEH_I?t=58

I pretty much gave up on Sig Sauer handguns a few years ago. I currently own a couple of 938’s and a P226 MK25 as well as an older P228 and I’m satisfied with those. It seems to me that Sig has had too many significant problems with their pistols over the past few years and I find that troubling. I used to rank them up there with H&K and as far as the older pistols I still do, but can’t make myself buy another new version, having had 2 that had issues out of the box and had to be sent back for repair. I say right out of the box because they both broke the first time I took them out to shoot. I think they are premium priced and their mags are over priced. I’m sure it’s just me, but I feel that if I’m paying higher prices for better quality I should be getting reliable pistols, not defective pistols. I’d like to believe everything I hear and read about the problems with Sig Sauer handguns is just hype and negative BS but I got bit twice with new pistols. I chose to give myself a break from them in hopes that they’ll return to the once great quality I enjoy still. No new Sigs for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom