Posting a pic of thief legality?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    The last update to this story. The DA will not bring charges for the roll of wire.
    My shop owner cannot bring charges as he did not own the wire. The owner of the truck could.
    The truck owner is Latino and speaks very little english. Would he even get involved is sketchy. He wouldn't let my boss compensate him for the loss. He works for a pool construction company and that brings up the question of how did the wire end up in his truck?
    So the Mr. Sticky Fingers gets away with this one.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The last update to this story. The DA will not bring charges for the roll of wire.
    My shop owner cannot bring charges as he did not own the wire. The owner of the truck could.
    The truck owner is Latino and speaks very little english. Would he even get involved is sketchy. He wouldn't let my boss compensate him for the loss. He works for a pool construction company and that brings up the question of how did the wire end up in his truck?

This exact reason is why I’m disappointed Warren Montgomery was re-elected DA. Dude is a hug a thug DA for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA

This exact reason is why I’m disappointed Warren Montgomery was re-elected DA. Dude is a hug a thug DA for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not the DA's fault, that's just the law. A theft charge has to have a complaining victim with standing for the charges. If the DA dismisses substantiated charges that a willing victim wants pursued, get angry with the DA. If the DA won't let his prosecutors proceed with worthy charges that the state can assume (domestic violence, public order offenses, and other such arrests initiated by police by statutory requirement or police observation), get angry with the DA. If Juan Doe doesn't care to go through the trouble, the DA doesn't have a choice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom