Viewing a users location in market place..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I saw this and wanted to respond but didn’t want to hijack a WTS add with tech q/a.

A typical thread is a wts add and the next line is someone asking where are they located. I’ve done it too. From PC’s, Macs iPads etc. it shows up right there next to the user name.

In the referenced thread below thperez mentions how to view it while viewing from tapatalk. But that doesn’t work using an iPhone with Safari.

Viewing on an iPhone I have to tap the 4 lines to the right of the *User Info Menu*

Before
    C3FF7998-7656-48A4-9BB8-4B283E495E16.jpeg

After
    68B6467F-ADD0-40CA-9F3B-D37296BC9A17.jpeg

Maybe this will help someone else before they ask for a location. But prolly not.

Thread reference. https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?190296-Excellent-condition-Gen-3-Glock-23-40-cal

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yep, always a good idea to list location in a for sale thread, even if you add your location to your avatar, which not everyone does. So I’m thinking the lines by user menu may not always contain that information.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Yep, always a good idea to list location in a for sale thread, even if you add your location to your avatar, which not everyone does. So I’m thinking the lines by user menu may not always contain that information.

For a while I was thinking people were just ignoring the info next to the user ID (and that may still be the case) but then I couldn’t see it from my phone.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Very interesting.

From that, I would guess iPhone or iOS differences. Maybe my forum settings.

I’m also using chrome for iOS. It runs safari under the hood but maybe it shows things differently than safari itself. I’m pretty sure I checked that before and it didn’t but I can’t be sure.

There was talk of creating a template but it was never done. At least not yet. There may be a software upgrade in the near future and a template could be implemented then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    Yeah I got asked for my location in an marketplace post and I just added it by editing the post. I figured the same thing was happening on a phone or different device than a regular pc. I just put it in the post now most of the time if I think about it.

Top Bottom